Story takes over life!

SlaveMasterUK said:
I hope it's a proper Mini Cooper S like the one rusting on my driveway, and not one of those nasty new BMW One Series things...

ax

I'm afraid it is one of those BMW varieties ....

Aah well, what was I to expect - you live in Monte Carlo, where a designer label is far more important than the heritage behind it :p

ax

SlaveMasterUK said:
Aah well, what was I to expect - you live in Monte Carlo, where a designer label is far more important than the heritage behind it :p

ax

Ahhh actually I'd love to get one of the old models and restore it to top condition. And my Mini Cooper is one of about 50,000 it seems in the principality. Nice place but I'm looking at going home ....

MathGirl said:
I propose a race. I'll bet your Cooper can outrun my MG.
MG

I've never actually floored my Mini, I'm still too enamoured to it, so I take it nice and easy. But I'm told that with a tiny bit of tinkering under the bonnet you can get about 220km/h out of one of them .....

But sitting that low to the ground and in that small a car, it would be like driving one of those F1 cars that whirl around here once a year .....

SlaveMasterUK said:
a designer label is far more important than the heritage behind it

I've delivered new New Minis - as well as a number of other makes & models - and while I'll grant you that they aren't as cool as, say, series 5 BMWs, they are actually, of the one's I've driven, the best suited to UK roads. They cruise the motorways in a civilised manner, but boy are they great for thrashing round the lanes - just like their illustrious predecessors.

Actually, I think they do honour their heritage...

f5

fifty5 said:
They cruise the motorways in a civilised manner, but boy are they great for thrashing round the lanes - just like their illustrious predecessors.

Actually, I think they do honour their heritage...

f5
Having never driven a new Mini I can't really say what they handle like, but I'm told by other Mini owners they're nothing like the old ones for twisty backroads. My 1098 clubman estate gets a riteous thrashing every morning and evening on my daily commute across the Mendips :D

I would rather drive my 45bhp Mini than my 266bhp Supra...

ax

PS do I get a bonus point for hijacking this thread?

Back