The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

16 days till we go live!
Well I'm a little annoyed right now. I published my story with the appropriate wording to the admin and it went live today. I was given to understand that the stories could be submitted and would be held until February and then published. Grrrr. Not sure it will be part of the challenge now. PM'd Laurel and she fixed it with a wave or her hand.

Last edited:
Well I'm a little annoyed right now. I published my story with the appropriate wording to the admin and it went live today. I was given to understand that the stories could be submitted and would be held until February and then published. Grrrr. Not sure it will be part of the challenge now. Enjoy!
Streaks of White
Send a PM to Laurel. It might have been published early by mistake.

I just clicked "Publish" on a Loving Wives story for this challenge.
"I'll Handle It - 750 Words" "A couple has their own way of communicating."

It's a vignette of a housewife's afternoon.

And I have two other ideas, one almost ready.

I just clicked "Publish" on a second Loving Wives story for this challenge.
"A Perfect Marriage - 750 Words" "Husband’s monogamous life with his prim and proper wife."

It's a vignette of a swinger situation, with a clueless husband, ... with a twist.

I'm having fun this year with several ideas for short vignettes of swinger couples, and the 750-word format keeps me in check from making endless add-ons.

Hey, anyone want to beta read my 750 word story? At least it'll be quick...

Title: Home for her birthday (750 words)
Description: 24/7 slave gets a day off when Mistress's husband comes home

It's actually really sweet, for a story about a brutal TPE dynamic.

Send me your email address by private message if you have time to take a look. I usually share a google doc or attach an msword file to an email.

I wrote mine today. Now to pick the title, category and tags. Looking forward to reading other people’s stories! These are fun because they’re so fast to write and read.

Hey, anyone want to beta read my 750 word story? At least it'll be quick...

Title: Home for her birthday (750 words)
Description: 24/7 slave gets a day off when Mistress's husband comes home

It's actually really sweet, for a story about a brutal TPE dynamic.

Send me your email address by private message if you have time to take a look. I usually share a google doc or attach an msword file to an email.
I'll look at it Joy

The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread​

Hi,

I’ve launched a little 750 word-related challenge on Xitter. I’ve prompted Lit authors to write a 750 word story about an image of a woman that I generated. I’m not posting the image here as I’m clear about the guidelines.

Won’t embed the Xitter post either, for the same reason, but it’s here. It’s SFW (as is virtually all of my Xitter).

No idea if anyone will bite. But I’ll try to write a second 750 worder about her myself.

Emily

Last edited:
1705599735979.png

And now my third Loving Wives tale is ready: "What You Don’t Know … – 750 Words" "Her needs and routines might get a girl killed."

But after re-reading those two I've posted (and finding things I'd change), it's time to slow down and fine-tune the third one.

I just submitted my 750 entry. Two questions...

1 - Where can you see the word count on a submission? According to my software, it's 750, but there has been talk about Literotica sometimes having a different count.

2 - What is your preference and why on a title?
"750 Word Challenge - Story Title" (it gets listed at the top of your Story Submissions list)
"Story Title - 750 Word Challenge" (it gets listed by story title on your Story Submissions list)
"Story Title" (no need to specify, but I've heard that some readers get upset that it's short)

3 - Can I thank beta readers in a foreword, or is that a no-no (extra words and all...)?

Thank you!! If you've read any of my submissions, then I can't wait to confuse and confound you with this one!!

1 - Where can you see the word count on a submission? According to my software, it's 750, but there has been talk about Literotica sometimes having a different count.
In the Story Text box, click/tap on the expanding arrows

Then you'll see the word count at the bottom.

The differences seem to be mostly in how hyphenated words and numbers are counted.

Attachments

• IMG_6980.jpeg
    IMG_6980.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6979.jpeg
    IMG_6979.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 4
I just submitted my 750 entry. Two questions...

2 - What is your preference and why on a title?
"750 Word Challenge - Story Title" (it gets listed at the top of your Story Submissions list)
"Story Title - 750 Word Challenge" (it gets listed by story title on your Story Submissions list)
"Story Title" (no need to specify, but I've heard that some readers get upset that it's short)

3 - Can I thank beta readers in a foreword, or is that a no-no (extra words and all...)?

Thank you!! If you've read any of my submissions, then I can't wait to confuse and confound you with this one!!
I just trust my Word document for the count. But I've realized that if I add hypertext marks for italics (<i> </i>) etc. that changes the Word count. So, I paste the doc in LitE's New Story box and view it in Preview. Then I copy that and paste it back into a blank Word doc to make sure it's 750.

I use the title format: "Title - 750 Words", so readers are not surprised when clicking on it.

I noticed this year they have their own forward of "everything below this line is 750 words. That's probably due to the very issue of some putting an "Author's Note" at the beginning, and other complaining that it exceeds the word count. And some people might cheat and use such a note to describe their characters. So, as long as you are only posting info like a thanks to beta readers without augmenting your story, such a note ahead of their forward would be fair.

But this is a challenge and not a contest for prizes, so it's mostly on your own conscience to be fair to others.

I just trust my Word document for the count. But I've realized that if I add hypertext marks for italics (<i> </i>) etc. that changes the Word count.
Word counts words by looking at the spaces between text. It doesn't really care what that text is, as long as it's surrounded by spaces.

Hi,

I’ve launched a little 750 word-related challenge on Xitter. I’ve prompted Lit authors to write a 750 word story about an image of a woman that I generated. I’m not posting the image here as I’m clear about the guidelines.

Won’t embed the Xitter post either, for the same reason, but it’s here. It’s SFW (as is virtually all of my Xitter).

No idea if anyone will bite. But I’ll try to write a second 750 worder about her myself.

Emily
I'll give it a try... eventually

Word counts words by looking at the spaces between text. It doesn't really care what that text is, as long as it's surrounded by spaces.
Yeah, I noticed that when I add a visual pause like ... this with the three periods. Word counts that, too.

I skimmed the thread for it, but I haven't seen anyone mentioning or asking this: the stories don't have to be Erotica, do they?

I've written a 750 word horror vignette. There's no traditional erotica (unless you count the mental gratification of a sadist) or even nudity in it, but I'm rather proud of how horrific it turned out. It'll probably bomb at the box office but who cares 😅

Mine will be in the Non-Erotic category.

Just an idea I thought I'd pass along as I know several of us are submitting more than one story for this challenge. I plan to create a series called 750 Word Challenge Stories and organize all my entries there. I can add to it each year.

Hi,

Emily

Wrote one based on this image challenge tonight, but I'm kinda not feeling it.

It just comes off as kinda... pointless.

Maybe back to the drawing board tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back