The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

I think I'm good with two.

Mittens The Voyeur Cat, an absolutely ridiculous humor piece.

And Reunion: An Eternal Love Story. Inspired by both your X challenge and you directly, as usual.
For me:

1. When Emma Met Lily - what it’s says on the can
  2. Walking In Beauty - for my own image challenge
  3. From Me To You - just started
ChatMLE

OK. I really need to stop. I just finished number four, "A Year in the Life."
I'm pretty sure I hit fifteen seventeen categories, too.

Last edited:
This year's challenge got to me with my first two ideas (already pending for 02/01/2024, but I'm resisting correcting them).

I've gotten the idea of poking at the LW trolls with a series of vignettes of Loving Wives couples with the variations in relationships to upset the trolls.
-The stay-at-home mom giving BJs to help the family budget.
-The guy who CANNOT EVEN SEE his wife fucking another guy because they ARE monogamous.
-The wife who trained her husband like Pavlov's Dog to respond to her infidelity.
-And the guy who realized his parents fucked around, too!

The 750-word challenge limits me to making these as brief and concise as practical, forcing me to move on to forming the next idea!

This is a great exercise.

So, the high likelihood of me being wrong was a certainty!!

Okay, I better get editing my 750 story!! And make a decision on whether it's even worthy of publishing... It's a super strange vignette and extremely out of character from my usual light fare...
The 750 Word Challenge is a great place for stories that sit apart from your other gear. Go for it!

Again, this exercise is fun!! Did Duleigh come up with it?
It's a good distraction, and this is the 6th iteration of the event. And as for the history:-

Back in 2019, author jezzaz wondered:

Is it possible to write a complete story in exactly 750 words? That's the minimum limit that Literotica will accept, and after talking among ourselves, some of the writers on Lit decided to see if we could do it. After all, it's 750 words, right? How hard could it be? It's not like editing it is going to take long, after all.

BTW, I've got an I/T idea cooking.

I've noticed a lot of us, like @EmilyMiller have posted multiples. I'd be curious to see who posted what and in what categories.
I submitted 4 5:
A Year in the Life - Incest/Taboo
Drinking Scotch, Making wishes - Transgender/Crossdressers
Souls Last Kiss - Erotic Couplings(Mystery Woman sub challenge)
The last Wood Nymph - Sci Fi/ Fantasy
Summer Romance - Lesbian Sex

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of us, like @EmilyMiller have posted multiples. I'd be curious to see who posted what and in what categories.
I submitted 4:
A Year in the Life - Incest/Taboo
Drinking Scotch, Making wishes - Transgender/Crossdressers
Souls Last Kiss - Erotic Couplings(Mystery Woman sub challenge)
The last Wood Nymph - Sci Fi/ Fantasy
  1. When Emma Met Lily - SciFi & Fantasy
  2. Walking In Beauty - Non-erotic
  3. From Me To You - Romance
ChatMLE

For me:

1. When Emma Met Lily - what it’s says on the can
  2. Walking In Beauty - for my own image challenge
  3. From Me To You - just started
ChatMLE
Mine: Just a Short Walk - E&V

How many of these are going to be about walking, I wonder?

And why is it so much easier writing a 750 word story than writing 750 words of the story I'm working on?

I'm struggling with two. They're done - as in meeting the 750 criterion and being a complete story - but I keep poking at them. One likely to be published; it's LW material but about a libertine elderly, so it'll go in Mature.

The other I have doubts because it starts off as a mix of I/T, LW and Mature, but I want to conclude it as pure GS in it being a swinger tale. Maybe I can move some paragraphs around to better set the GS foundation.

OTOH, last year I didn't expect to do anything, and wound up with three. 🤷‍♂️

Now have four submissions:

4. The Wheel And The Wand - BDSM

Must stop!

Emily

Now have four submissions:

4. The Wheel And The Wand - BDSM

Must stop!

Emily
Your fourth is BDSM, should that be at least 4.5 submissions?

I’ve entered a slump just as I am supposed to write this… think I can force 750 words out? Lol

Back