The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

Another 750 Word Story is up today. An Exh/Voy selfie mixup in the office called:

The Wrong 'J'

So after almost 18 months without posting a story, that's now three stories in five days in three different categories.

@Duleigh You have officially broken the drought. It is a 750 word bomb-cyclone of productivity that you have unleashed! Thank you.

My third entry, Of Glory And Holes, dropped today.

https://literotica.com/s/of-glory-and-holes

Full disclosure: I'm not gay.
But I do know about growing up in an oppressive, repressive environment & being forced to be someone I'm not out of fear of backlash.

And I know what it's like when you finally break free from toxicity and can just be yourself.

My third entry, Of Glory And Holes, dropped today.

https://literotica.com/s/of-glory-and-holes

Full disclosure: I'm not gay.
But I do know about growing up in an oppressive, repressive environment & being forced to be someone I'm not out of fear of backlash.

And I know what it's like when you finally break free from toxicity and can just be yourself.
May not be able to follow you down that particular (rabbit?...glory?) hole, but admire the guts it takes to imagine your way through a genre.

Was having a sidebar discussion the other day about trying to write women's POV to help round out third person and so I know what it's like to wonder if someone is going to throw the flag right away and call you out when you're way out over the skis:

2a2ab4b7c0f48831a94875426f254423--funny-teachers-teacher-memes.jpg

Another 750 Word Story is up today. An Exh/Voy selfie mixup in the office called:

The Wrong 'J'

So after almost 18 months without posting a story, that's now three stories in five days in three different categories.

@Duleigh You have officially broken the drought. It is a 750 word bomb-cyclone of productivity that you have unleashed! Thank you.
You watch. Next year this thread is going to be swamped with a lot of posts that say "Nah, not me. they score to low, the readers hate them" followed by "I'll try one" followed by "I hit sixteen and I just can't stop!"

These things are addictive. They're also a good place to preview and store story ideas for future projects.

You watch. Next year this thread is going to be swamped with a lot of posts that say "Nah, not me. they score to low, the readers hate them" followed by "I'll try one" followed by "I hit sixteen and I just can't stop!"

These things are addictive. They're also a good place to preview and store story ideas for future projects.
I was one of them. My four this time have done much better than I ever expected.

I was one of them. My four this time have done much better than I ever expected.
I have done 5 this year, 2 are related to a much larger story and the remaining three are candidates to be stretched into 20k word stories.

Why isn't this challenge advertised on the home page for literotica. I see the Valentine's Day contest. If stories can be submitted throughout the month of february it seems like it should be advertised.

Honestly thought putting 750 words in the description would avert more low scores, and to be fair, it has likely helped my 2nd & 3rd entry, but there is definitely some hostility for this format.

I'm usually getting abuse for being too wordy (even for advertised slow-burners), so premature-elocution has never been a problem for me, but I'm thinking I need to find a way to attract more of the guys who made the first wave of 976 companies institute a 3 minute minimum charge.

I haven't had any mean comments on mine, but it's definitely my worst performing story by rating.

So what category (and keywords) would be most likely to attract "Friends of Paul Revere"? :unsure:

UPDATE:

So I’ve published 8 - this where I am:

1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ⬅️ tomorrow
  10. Interracial Love
  11. Mind Control
  12. Mature
  13. Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  14. Transgender & Cross Dressing
Added yet one more. Again in a category I’ve never written before.

Didn’t write a single 750 word story today 😇

Emily

UPDATE:

So I’ve published 8 - this where I am:

1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ⬅️ tomorrow
  10. Interracial Love
  11. Mind Control
  12. Mature
  13. Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  14. Transgender & Cross Dressing
Added yet one more. Again in a category I’ve never written before.

Didn’t write a single 750 word story today 😇

Emily

Oh.

Is that all...?

No. I did write one 750 worder before the event, so it’s actually 15.

Emily
Just can’t keep up. Only 8 for me. “A Year in the Life” got hit pretty hard, as I expected.

“Juliana Jones and The Temple of Well, Fuck Me” drops tomorrow.

Pretty sure I’m going to stop chasing Em. As far as 750 word stories go, anyway. 🤭🥰

Just some interesting numbers on my three I thought I'd share.

My latest one only published today, yet already has more views than the other two.

My humor piece, Mittens, is the highest rated, yet least viewed.

And Reunion, for now, my most voted on.

I only submitted one. It was my first 750 word effort and first time dipping into LW. I probably should have put more effort into making it, you know, good, because in a week it accumulated more votes (1.4K) more comments (47), and a far lower rating (3.63), than any other story I’ve submitted, even those with twice as many views. Loving Wives, baby! I kinda knew I was poking the bear, though.

Back