The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

We're providing more story content for free for Laurel's "click bait". Why would she want to limit that, for a no reward challenge?

I just clicked "publish" on my 7th story in Loving Wives, "Finding Your Soulmate - 750 Words".

I'm using these 750-word shorts to "test the waters" in LW with a variety of relationship scenarios to see what the LW "trolls" appreciate, and what they particularly HATE.
Has it been helpful for that in the past?

We're providing more story content for free for Laurel's "click bait". Why would she want to limit that, for a no reward challenge?

I just clicked "publish" on my 7th story in Loving Wives, "Finding Your Soulmate - 750 Words".

I'm using these 750-word shorts to "test the waters" in LW with a variety of relationship scenarios to see what the LW "trolls" appreciate, and what they particularly HATE.
Lifestyle66, sorry you misunderstood but it was a joke! I've been teasing EmilyMiller for days about her writing so many 750's.

Standing by for rejection of a 750 I uploaded this afternoon. It's about a high school student, albeit an 18-year-old senior in her last month of school. Have a hunch this is too close to the line for Laurel, especially the high school part of it. Sadly, the real-life inspiration of the story simply does not work in a college context. What a difference a few months make.

Excuse me for mourning its loss in advance.

Heyyy. Nice job, mister inspiration. It’s still going strong. For us burned out on longer stories and endless editing, it gives us a break.

Hey, what’s your opinion on 750 word stories being parts of series, chapters, or parts of preexisting universes? You’re the Linus Torvalds of the 750 word challenge. For you, I’ll get off my soapbox, whatever your viewpoint is. (The rules were never written to make that issue absolutely clear.)

I’m in possession of a strong opinion myself, but I won’t mention it.

Cheers! This is my favorite event.
Honestly? Do whatever makes you happy.

I tend to write stand alone when I first did it, since its harder to do any characterization at all, let alone anything resembling a story, in 750 words, but I don’t think there are - or should be - any hard or fast rules on this. I just like to make it difficult for myself because I’m stupid that way.

I'm certainly not policing anything. I’m still a little weirded out that my name is associated with this at all at this point, to be totally honest. Laural is the one pushing this; I have literally no involvement apart from writing a few of my own stories.

It IS a hard challenge and I definitely feel for those who have difficulty getting a story down to 750 words from, say 1200. My take is, who cares if it’s exactly 750 words, or 800? The readers definitely don’t. The point of the exercise is brevity, rather than slavish adherence to only 750 words, at least that’s how I look at it. The only reason I picked 750 is that’s the smallest size lit will allow.

Lets not over think this - do whatever makes you happy as a writer. Remember, we are all doing this as therapy for ourselves (or at least I am, I can’t speak for everyone but I’m fairly sure a lot of us are doing this for that reason, whether we want to admit it or not); it’s not like we get paid for this, or there’s some competition here:)

My story hasn't fared well in the voting. It's non-erotic, and I made it clear. It's an excerpt from a planned longer story, which I explained in the comments. The comments are positive, few and far between, but all seem more interested in the longer work than this little didity.

Anyway, Hitwoman Ryann Payne: The Mark

SHIT!

I was just working on ONLY ONE MORE Loving Wives story after I came home today. This is about the morning after a swinger house party. It's part of my "testing the waters" of the LW audience series.

Then my wife came home from her outing today, spending a few hours going to a massage and shopping.

All it takes is one line from my wife (in real life, BTW), and my imagination runs amuck with yet another story.

"Oh, my gawd. I was listening to a steamy book on Audible as I was driving. And the road was so curvy, I had my bullet toy and had to let go and squeeze my legs together to put both hands on the wheel!"

She's my muse!

All it takes is one line from my wife (in real life, BTW), and my imagination runs amuck with yet another story.

"Oh, my gawd. I was listening to a steamy book on Audible as I was driving. And the road was so curvy, I had my bullet toy and had to let go and squeeze my legs together to put both hands on the wheel!"

She's my muse!

I can see your problem. That would make the needle skip off my record as well.

I wonder how many 750s will be there at the end. If it’s too many, Laurel may have to institute the Emily rule: No more than three or five or however many submissions per person for a given event, challenge or contest. 😜
Will submit my 16th some time this evening. Erotic Horror.

Emily

UPDATE:

THE END IS IN SIGHT!

So I’ve published 12 - this where I am:

1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ✅
  10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ⬅️ tomorrow
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  15. Reviews & Essays
  16. Erotic Horror
Had a bit of a hiccup with fixing a typo on my Celeb & Fan Fic story, which was meant to publish on Feb 13.

After a lengthy break, I have written two more 750 word stories. The last, in Erotic Horror, is yet another category first for me.

Running out of accessible categories 😬.

Emily

I'm trying music next :)
But i did not write Emily Miller enough times in my Dr Jones story...as its got stuck in the pending pile.

I need to write "I am part of the Emily Miller Fan Club" a bit more prominently next time.

UPDATE:

THE END IS IN SIGHT!

So I’ve published 12 - this where I am:

1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ✅
  10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ⬅️ tomorrow
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction
  15. Reviews & Essays
  16. Erotic Horror
Had a bit of a hiccup with fixing a typo on my Celeb & Fan Fic story, which was meant to publish on Feb 13.

After a lengthy break, I have written two more 750 word stories. The last, in Erotic Horror, is yet another category first for me.

Running out of accessible categories 😬.

Emily

An erotic story about someone who identifies as asexual?

Back