The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

I've just uploaded my take on @EmilyMiller 's "Mysterious Women" angle...
It will be a disaster...but I have done it.

Might be one of the few stories that I have not mentioned the physical act of drinking or smoking or peeing... that's why it will be a disaster!
I’ll look forward to it 😊

Just got to give Laurel some praise.
My 750 word story has been approved on the same day as posting.
So many people bash the system. But when it works...it works.
Maybe writing @EmilyMiller 375 times speeds the process up.

Just got to give Laurel some praise.
My 750 word story has been approved on the same day as posting.
So many people bash the system. But when it works...it works.
Maybe writing @EmilyMiller 375 times speeds the process up.
Gonna second that.

I was a little concerned since I hadn't posted anything since the Clone AI wars started and it's been very smooth sailing thus far.

Feels like the 750 word entries (maybe that flag helps🤷‍♂️) have been getting reviewed within 24-48 hours of submission and are usually live on the site within 1-2 days after that.

No doubt, 750 word entries must be easier to read through for banned content and Laurel may be able to knock 5-10x more of those than a typical 5,000 word entry submitted around the same time, but no complaints (and much to celebrate) from my side.

Full disclosure- I don't have any special 'in' w/Laurel. I've been mostly a silent participant here up until a few months back. I initially got into the AI debates primarily out of concern that the site rules had gotten a lot less workable than I had experienced a few years back and wasn't sure if my own work would get spit back until I started submitting again over the last 10 days. Not adding insult to injury for those who have had stuff bounce back, but if you're just using spell-check, avoid grammar correction and just try to make the narrative/dialogue flow in a coherent, organic way, I don't think there's anything to fear from the current submission process.

Gonna second that.

I was a little concerned since I hadn't posted anything since the Clone AI wars started and it's been very smooth sailing thus far.

Feels like the 750 word entries (maybe that flag helps🤷‍♂️) have been getting reviewed within 24-48 hours of submission and are usually live on the site within 1-2 days after that.

No doubt, 750 word entries must be easier to read through for banned content and Laurel may be able to knock 5-10x more of those than a typical 5,000 word entry submitted around the same time, but no complaints (and much to celebrate) from my side.

Full disclosure- I don't have any special 'in' w/Laurel. I've been mostly a silent participant here up until a few months back. I initially got into the AI debates primarily out of concern that the site rules had gotten a lot less workable than I had experienced a few years back and wasn't sure if my own work would get spit back until I started submitting again over the last 10 days. Not adding insult to injury for those who have had stuff bounce back, but if you're just using spell-check, avoid grammar correction and just try to make the narrative/dialogue flow in a coherent, organic way, I don't think there's anything to fear from the current submission process.
We're all aware of that. They in general require less work to look over, being a page and ½ at most.

Why would you have ever thought that?

It’s only us who cares about the writing 🤣
I guess I always just hoped that my readers were using me for something more than a reliable stroke prompt?

It's like I'm carving 900-1200 word drafts down to 750 word gems, adjusting my flavor profiles, leaving room for individual users to add their own imaginary condiments, and then serving it up with all the flair of a Michelin rated chef introducing his latest amuse-bouche.

But I'm racking up ratings that I imagine would read something like:

- "couldn't figure out which end to fook it from" ⭐⭐
- "it was over before I even got close to cumming" ⭐
- "good start, but then it just ended mid-stroke. don't recommend" ⭐⭐
- "don't bother. no fucking. no cum. waste of time" ⭐
- "used to reading this author for the long, detailed sex scenes and reluctant cum-swallowing. all the new stuff is artsy hot garbage. unfollowed"⭐

I guess I always just hoped that my readers were using me for something more than a reliable stroke prompt?

It's like I'm carving 900-1200 word drafts down to 750 word gems, adjusting my flavor profiles, leaving room for individual users to add their own imaginary condiments, and then serving it up with all the flair of a Michelin rated chef introducing his latest amuse-bouche.

But I'm racking up ratings that I imagine would read something like:

- "couldn't figure out which end to fook it from" ⭐⭐
- "it was over before I even got close to cumming" ⭐
- "good start, but then it just ended mid-stroke. don't recommend" ⭐⭐
- "don't bother. no fucking. no cum. waste of time" ⭐
- "used to reading this author for the long, detailed sex scenes and reluctant cum-swallowing. all the new stuff is artsy hot garbage. unfollowed"⭐
Yeah 750 stories are a study in rating and follower suppression

Yeah 750 stories are a study in rating and follower suppression
I'm like, "Noooo....come back! It'll be just like it was before!....Better even! It was just a silly dalliance, I tell you! I'm over it! See for yourself, there wasn't even any sex in most of them!"

If they can't handle you at your 750 words, then they don't deserve you at your 10k words 😊
♥️ Thank you for that...

tenor.gif

My latest story published today.: "After the Party - 750 Words" ('They didn't know about the cameras.") It's doing rather well in Loving Wives, with over 10K views and 802 votes. But it's rated at 3.6, which is about what I expect in LW.

Along with the usual 1-bombing comments, I've received some good comments, too:
Epcy69 18 minutes ago
I read fiction for what it is, fantasy. With that said, this is the best 750 word story I've came across so far. 5 ☆'s

I've been writing here for the longest time (under this pseudonym and another before it) but this was the first time I've participated in the 750 Word challenge, and for some reason have dug in harrrdddd.

I feel bad for submitting so many, but its too easy to get tweaked by an idea and boom, suddenly its done. I try not to look at the numbers, but it can be disheartening sometimes.

I figured that some folks just don't dig the short form, so its good to come here and see I'm not alone there. Now I just need to figure out if I'm just bad at Erotic Horror, or that genre has a very niche audience :)

Omg, so thats a thing eh? Okay then. I was seeing a couple stories go live, rack up a couple 5s then get hit with a 1 and be baffled. It was like, how much do you have to hate something in order to expend the energy tapping a 1-star?
You've been here long enough, then, to know most readers hate them. They probably don't underatand it's a writer challenge, not a reader challenge- it ain't for them, anyway.

You've been here long enough, then, to know most readers hate them. They probably don't underatand it's a writer challenge, not a reader challenge- it ain't for them, anyway.
That’s the weird thing, I used to write on an older account as far back as 2015 and I had no idea this was a thing. I apparently was super successful in blocking out all challenges and contests. Credit to the site redesign 😂

I wonder how many 750s will be there at the end. If it’s too many, Laurel may have to institute the Emily rule: No more than three or five or however many submissions per person for a given event, challenge or contest. 😜

I wonder how many 750s will be there at the end. If it’s too many, Laurel may have to institute the Emily rule: No more than three or five or however many submissions per person for a given event, challenge or contest. 😜
We're providing more story content for free for Laurel's "click bait". Why would she want to limit that, for a no reward challenge?

I just clicked "publish" on my 7th story in Loving Wives, "Finding Your Soulmate - 750 Words".

I'm using these 750-word shorts to "test the waters" in LW with a variety of relationship scenarios to see what the LW "trolls" appreciate, and what they particularly HATE.

Back