10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ✅
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction ✅
  15. Reviews & Essays ✅
  16. Erotic Horror ⬅️ tomorrow
  17. Non-human
I have no ideas for any new ones at present and none of the remaining categories are ones I want to tick (or am able to - non-English?) so that may well be it. Then never say never.

Emily

I think the word counting mechanism at Lit must have either fewer or more fingers and toes than I do, because the first time I submitted my story if was sent back with a note that it was only 743 words long, even though my computer Word counter said 750 exactly. After making a few minor changes and adding the appropriate number of words, with my computer insisting now it was 757 words long which I thought would bring Lit’s count up to 750, it was published as a 766-word story. Maybe it’s all just a crap shoot, anyway.
I never had the problem until now. I think emdashed words count as one.

Yeah. I enjoy writing them, but the three I've done are my lowest rated stories. Unless I think of something really good, I'm going to pass this time.
My working hypothesis is that if an idea realized as a 5k story is in the 4.6x - 4.7x range, it realized in 750 words will be in the 4.3x - 4.4x range.

This despite it being technically much more difficult to pull off a meaningful story in so few words.

Emily

UPDATE:

THE END IS IN SIGHT!

So I’ve published 15 - this where I am:

1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ✅
  10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ✅
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction ✅
  15. Reviews & Essays ✅
  16. Erotic Horror ⬅️ tomorrow
  17. Non-human
I have no ideas for any new ones at present and none of the remaining categories are ones I want to tick (or am able to - non-English?) so that may well be it. Then never say never.

Emily
Woah! That's awesome!

Impressive! But you’ve still got two weeks to crank out anal, erotic coupling, incest & taboo, letters & transcripts, loving wives (tho I certainly understand why you want to avoid that category now), reviews & essays, fetish, first time, group sex, celebrities & fan fic as well as how to.

So get cracking, vehstehst Du?

Impressive! But you’ve still got two weeks to crank out

Written already
, erotic coupling
Written already
, incest & taboo,
Written already
letters & transcripts,
WTF?
loving wives (tho I certainly understand why you want to avoid that category now),
Written already
reviews & essays
Written already AND wrote a 750er
, fetish,
Written already
first time,
Written already
group sex,
Written already
celebrities & fan fic
Written already AND a 750er
as well as how to.
How to write a lot of 750 word stories?

Just finished my first 750 word story, and I am ready to submit it.

I've noticed that several writers link their stories to the 750 word challenge page, which I like, but I can't figure out how to do it? Do I link it in my Google Doc, then download from Google Docs as plain text and then upload it to the submission page that way?

Here's what I put at the top of my stories, using the plain text submission form where you write raw HTML:

This story was written for <a href="https://www.literotica.com/s/the-750-word-project-2024-coming-soon">the 2024 Literotica 750 Word Challenge</a>. Below this line are exactly 750 words.

<hr />
It was a dark and stormy night...

Notice there is a blank line before but not after the HR tag. This produces a balanced amount of whitespace above and below the line when the HTML is rendered. You can experiment with the preview to see what happens if you add the blank line after.

Just finished my first 750 word story, and I am ready to submit it.

I've noticed that several writers link their stories to the 750 word challenge page, which I like, but I can't figure out how to do it? Do I link it in my Google Doc, then download from Google Docs as plain text and then upload it to the submission page that way?
I put the prefix from the first post in the thread, and Laurel added the link when it published.

Here's what I put at the top of my stories, using the plain text submission form where you write raw HTML:

Notice there is a blank line before but not after the HR tag. This produces a balanced amount of whitespace above and below the line when the HTML is rendered. You can experiment with the preview to see what happens if you add the blank line after.
Something I can simply copy and paste. God bless you.

Back