The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

My second one is complete. Since it's a sequel to the first one, it will be submitted late Sunday night or maybe Monday to give some time between the two.

UPDATE:

[I edited this post instead of copying it to a new one 👱‍♀️👱‍♀️👱‍♀️]

The end

So I’ve published 16 - this where I am:

1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ✅
  10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ✅
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction ✅
  15. Reviews & Essays ✅
  16. Erotic Horror ✅
  17. Non-human ⬅️ tomorrow

Emily

Last edited:
Oh, my. I've written another couple. I don't hold much interest for all of the subjects, and just write what I like.

@EmilyMiller I have written a BDSM piece in addition to my comment on your essay. That'll be out in March probably with the stories already in the pipeline.

UPDATE:

My name is Emily, and I’m a 750aholic…

So I’ve published 17 - this where I am:

1. SciFi & Fantasy ✅
  2. Non-erotic ✅
  3. Romance ✅
  4. BDSM ✅
  5. Humor & Satire ✅
  6. Gay Male ✅
  7. Lesbian Sex ✅
  8. Toys & Masturbation ✅
  9. Toys & Masturbation (couldn’t be two more dissimilar stories) ✅
  10. Interracial Love Lesbian ✅
  11. Mind Control ✅
  12. Mature ✅
  13. Transgender & Cross Dressing ✅
  14. Celebrities & Fan Fiction ✅
  15. Reviews & Essays ✅
  16. Erotic Horror ✅
  17. Non-human ✅
  18. Anal ⬅️ soon
  19. Exhibitionist & Voyeur
Will probably write an Erotic Couplings to make it 20.

Emily

My name is Emily, and I’m a 750aholic…
Take it one day at a time. Today you will not write a 750er. Don’t think about tomorrow. Just think about today. After a few months it will get easier, that is until next January. Then, when everyone else is having fun, you may fall off the wagon.

Take it one day at a time. Today you will not write a 750er. Don’t think about tomorrow. Just think about today. After a few months it will get easier, that is until next January. Then, when everyone else is having fun, you may fall off the wagon.
I wrote two yesterday. One today. I guess a half tomorrow. A quarter the day after. An eighth the next…

My story hasn't fared well in the voting. It's non-erotic, and I made it clear. It's an excerpt from a planned longer story, which I explained in the comments. The comments are positive, few and far between, but all seem more interested in the longer work than this little didity.

Anyway, Hitwoman Ryann Payne: The Mark
It was part of the 750 word event. I think adding her back story is what I didn't like about it.

All those Eastwood movies, the gunslinger has no name and there is a build up to the killing. In this, we somehow got her name, backstory, her first kill, the mob, murder for companies, and her motivation. The she pulls a knife.

Gonna second that.

I was a little concerned since I hadn't posted anything since the Clone AI wars started and it's been very smooth sailing thus far.

Feels like the 750 word entries (maybe that flag helps🤷‍♂️) have been getting reviewed within 24-48 hours of submission and are usually live on the site within 1-2 days after that.

No doubt, 750 word entries must be easier to read through for banned content and Laurel may be able to knock 5-10x more of those than a typical 5,000 word entry submitted around the same time, but no complaints (and much to celebrate) from my side.

Full disclosure- I don't have any special 'in' w/Laurel. I've been mostly a silent participant here up until a few months back. I initially got into the AI debates primarily out of concern that the site rules had gotten a lot less workable than I had experienced a few years back and wasn't sure if my own work would get spit back until I started submitting again over the last 10 days. Not adding insult to injury for those who have had stuff bounce back, but if you're just using spell-check, avoid grammar correction and just try to make the narrative/dialogue flow in a coherent, organic way, I don't think there's anything to fear from the current submission process.
My first bunch of 750 worders went through very quickly, but my latest has been pending for a few days now...as I have perhaps somewhat impatiently learned, patience is indeed a virtue here on Literotica...a small price indeed for what it provides! 🙏

There are probably numerous reasons for variable publishing times. I would suggest author familiarity, time of the week when submitted and nature of the story are all factors. If the story features lots of dialog with normal contractions and verbal anomalies, then it is less likely to be flagged for AI than a story with long paragraphs of full, complete sentences. I believe submitting on a Friday or Saturday will probably create a little delay (after all, some people understandably like to kick back and relax now and then.) An author who has a long history of submitting clean, well written stores will probably get through the queue faster than a new author or one who has been flagged for bad grammar or AI concerns in the past. I would also suggest it might slow things down if the author is rude, bullying or demanding in their contacts with the admin. Contests and popular events such as the 750 word event will also slow things down overall as there are more submissions per day to be screened.

I know it can be frustrating to have a story pending for days and days but we all need to remember, there is (most likely) only one person who serves as the gatekeeper to all these stories. Write well, rewrite when a story is rejected, be polite and be patient. Good luck to all whose stories are caught in the pending zone.

Back