The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I buy apples way more often than I eat any. I feed the equine fan club. They like their treats.
We had horses on the farm when I was very young. Wife had never ridden though, so for her 50th we went on a trail ride to a winery in VA. I had a nice quarter horse and after the ride, he kept nudging me. I’m thinking I still got it…horse whisperer and all…I had forgotten the cabin we stayed in gave us one of those string backpack type things with some snacks in it. Yeah, he smelled the apple!🤣

There is an ash blight brought on by an invasive insect, the emerald ash borer. Almost all ash trees in the NE and Midwest are dead or dying.

It’s estimated that there are 48 million dead ash trees in NJ alone. The upside is that it’s amazing firewood. And plentiful.
Reminiscent of Dutch Elm but for Ash trees.
So many lost :cry:
As my assoc has had to remove trees, we've tried to replant with a more diverse variety of trees. We've also been lucky to have some consults w/ local university to help review best varieties for location and need (shade, thirsty trees, etc.)

Getting some bbq chicken thighs ready for halftime. 😁
I make this recipe where you take chicken thighs and you wrap them in bacon and then you sprinkle chili powder brown sugar and red pepper flakes on and bake until they're done and it is delicious. I sort of stretch out my bacon so you get a really thin piece around each chicken thigh that way crisps up better

We had horses on the farm when I was very young. Wife had never ridden though, so for her 50th we went on a trail ride to a winery in VA. I had a nice quarter horse and after the ride, he kept nudging me. I’m thinking I still got it…horse whisperer and all…I had forgotten the cabin we stayed in gave us one of those string backpack type things with some snacks in it. Yeah, he smelled the apple!🤣

The red horse will rub his long head on me. Sometimes it's to scratch it and chase away any flies. Mostly, it's to give my pockets a going over to see if I have horse goodies that I'm not sharing. but that he wants. That's about all the whispering I got.

c2b6085696d5cbec1c106d55c941c3e4b4f71de339ba9365b29b76dd8e999124_1.webp

I make this recipe where you take chicken thighs and you wrap them in bacon and then you sprinkle chili powder brown sugar and red pepper flakes on and bake until they're done and it is delicious. I sort of stretch out my bacon so you get a really thin piece around each chicken thigh that way crisps up better
Mmmmmmmmmm nice

Back