The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Black like yours
oooh, pretty
PurityPearls_Web-0009.jpg

That was a busy day with the boys which started in mist but it burned off pretty quickly. An American team out today so if it flew it pretty much got shot at! Kept us busy on every drive.

Tomorrow the rain returns so I am glad I will be at the computer! Forecast for lower temperatures from here on so no more shirt sleeve days for us.

That was a busy day with the boys which started in mist but it burned off pretty quickly. An American team out today so if it flew it pretty much got shot at! Kept us busy on every drive.

Tomorrow the rain returns so I am glad I will be at the computer! Forecast for lower temperatures from here on so no more shirt sleeve days for us.
Dam americans!
Hunting Season / Whattunesyouon

Pew pew pew........ those Americans.... did they hit the stuff they shot at?

I remember when the smell of a young lady's perfume could make me forget my name. Tonight, I realize I haven't changed. I still forget my name with the right purfume....only the girl is pot roast. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
When I was a younger girl, my aunties were coming to town. Their first visit after I bought my first home. I wanted to host them and my mom and sisters for dinner.

I got a "foolproof recipe" for crockpot roast from a coworker. Bought the roast, sides, and any other ingredients for a lovely roast beef dinner.

Per the instructions, night before I started the roast an hour before bed. This was going to be easy - just let the crock pot do all the work while I went to work. And when I get home, I'd have an hour to put everything else together before they arrive.

Next morning I wake up and get ready for work. Open the bedroom door and ...disaster. Oh, this can't possibly be right! But I left the crockpot going and left for work.

As soon as my coworker got in, I asked her to review the steps of the recipe with me.

I followed every step. What could have gone wrong?
So I asked her, "Then why..."
She saw me holding back tears, looking so forlorn.
"Oh! I forgot to mention... about halfway through the cooking it's gonna smell something awful. But really, by the time you get home I promise it will be fine!"

I was skeptical because it smelled like something had died in my kitchen while I slept.

True to her work, it smelled like food again when I got home. The dinner was a success. Everyone loved the beef. Lots of compliments!

But I never made the recipe again.
Oh, that smell!! 😖o_O

You leave your coffee out in the open, unmonitored at school?!? Brave or naïve? :unsure:
I keep an entire coffee maker behind my desk. It's a corner of the room students don't go in to. It's safe there. And they know I need it to survive - and so that they survive too. If I misplace it, they are quick to get it back to me.

I keep an entire coffee maker behind my desk. It's a corner of the room students don't go in to. It's safe there. And they know I need it to survive - and so that they survive too. If I misplace it, they are quick to get it back to me.
Definition of symbiosis ☝️

look who was paying attention in class
this girl, that's who
whoop, whoop :ROFLMAO:

When I was a younger girl, my aunties were coming to town. Their first visit after I bought my first home. I wanted to host them and my mom and sisters for dinner.

I got a "foolproof recipe" for crockpot roast from a coworker. Bought the roast, sides, and any other ingredients for a lovely roast beef dinner.

Per the instructions, night before I started the roast an hour before bed. This was going to be easy - just let the crock pot do all the work while I went to work. And when I get home, I'd have an hour to put everything else together before they arrive.

Next morning I wake up and get ready for work. Open the bedroom door and ...disaster. Oh, this can't possibly be right! But I left the crockpot going and left for work.

As soon as my coworker got in, I asked her to review the steps of the recipe with me.

I followed every step. What could have gone wrong?
So I asked her, "Then why..."
She saw me holding back tears, looking so forlorn.
"Oh! I forgot to mention... about halfway through the cooking it's gonna smell something awful. But really, by the time you get home I promise it will be fine!"

I was skeptical because it smelled like something had died in my kitchen while I slept.

True to her work, it smelled like food again when I got home. The dinner was a success. Everyone loved the beef. Lots of compliments!

But I never made the recipe again.
Oh, that smell!! 😖o_O
What on earth made the bad smell?!?!?

What on earth made the bad smell?!?!?
I don't recall the recipe in its entirety. This was @ 20 years ago. But basically take the roast from the freezer and put it in the crockpot. Open 2-3 cans of cheap beer. Pour in the beer then add water until about 1 inch above the top of the roast.

The details I don't recall are how many hours cooking on high (overnight??) then how many on low (all day while at work??).

It was cooking meat mixed with the breakdown of the hops, etc. from the beer that made the smell. It stenches for several hours then turns a corner and is "yummy food" again.

Wonderfully simple and very tasty in the end. Tender, juicy meat that shredded with a fork. 🤤

But that smell - I simply couldn't face it again. So was a "One Hit Wonder" for me. :oops:

I don't recall the recipe in its entirety. This was @ 20 years ago. But basically take the roast from the freezer and put it in the crockpot. Open 2-3 cans of cheap beer. Pour in the beer then add water until about 1 inch above the top of the roast.

The details I don't recall are how many hours cooking on high (overnight??) then how many on low (all day while at work??).

It was cooking meat mixed with the breakdown of the hops, etc. from the beer that made the smell. It stenches for several hours then turns a corner and is "yummy food" again.

Wonderfully simple and very tasty in the end. Tender, juicy meat that shredded with a fork. 🤤

But that smell - I simply couldn't face it again. So was a "One Hit Wonder" for me. :oops:
I have found the joy in pick meat+liquor+low heat and it's all worked out so far. Mind you I don't have flavored alcohol in my home.

Back