The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I have found the joy in pick meat+liquor+low heat and it's all worked out so far. Mind you I don't have flavored alcohol in my home.
NeighborFood Blog - Slow Cooker Beer Pot Roast

This is a very similar recipe. It will have your timings.
The recipe I used was Chuck Roast, water, beer. I don't think I even used salt + pepper for basic seasoning.

The beer was in the style of Miller, Coors, Budweiser. Hmm, possible it was a Pig's Eye Pilsner. Very popular at the time. Anyways - cheap lager/pilsner type beer. I distinctly recall her stressing cheap beer but don't remember the why. This article backs that up: LifeHacker: You should be cooking with cheap beer

I definitely did not use anything else. There was "au jus" but not gravy once cooked. However, this allowed for a more blank canvas. And easy enough to transform one into the other at the end if desired.

The leftovers did well in the freezer and worked for any and every recipe I made with shredded beef. This was because I did not add gravy mix or onion soup mix or veggies in the crock pot. Nothing wrong w/ doing those things. The "bare bones" version just made for a more versatile end product.

It was super tasty... I vowed if I ever did make it again I would make certain I was out of the house for the entire cook time. I'd advise that... because that middle patch is rough. :ROFLMAO:

Well - that was quite a lot for a recipe I barely remembered. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

that's awesome!!
how is the greasy spoon’s food tonight? Anything new on the menu?
just spent a goodly amount of time and typing on a recipe I barely recalled. :ROFLMAO:
SS...on a shingle....why change it if it's already perfect
never have i ever
then again - think i'm the token (almost) vegetarian in the group. :LOL:
just leaves more for the rest of you.
plus - i make good trades
pork loin for green beans at the top of the list
I like to try new things, but sometimes, I just love the comfort of classics.
the older I get the less my body likes some of those childhood comfort classics.

Poor body doesn't know what to do with 1970s levels of salt, fat, and sugar. :oops:

NeighborFood Blog - Slow Cooker Beer Pot Roast

This is a very similar recipe. It will have your timings.
The recipe I used was Chuck Roast, water, beer. I don't think I even used salt + pepper for basic seasoning.

The beer was in the style of Miller, Coors, Budweiser. Hmm, possible it was a Pig's Eye Pilsner. Very popular at the time. Anyways - cheap lager/pilsner type beer. I distinctly recall her stressing cheap beer but don't remember the why. This article backs that up: LifeHacker: You should be cooking with cheap beer

I definitely did not use anything else. There was "au jus" but not gravy once cooked. However, this allowed for a more blank canvas. And easy enough to transform one into the other at the end if desired.

The leftovers did well in the freezer and worked for any and every recipe I made with shredded beef. This was because I did not add gravy mix or onion soup mix or veggies in the crock pot. Nothing wrong w/ doing those things. The "bare bones" version just made for a more versatile end product.

It was super tasty... I vowed if I ever did make it again I would make certain I was out of the house for the entire cook time. I'd advise that... because that middle patch is rough. :ROFLMAO:

Well - that was quite a lot for a recipe I barely remembered. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Salivating

Something smart to say….

Funny how difficult it is to come up with something when your brain is fried!
scientifically sound
No sleep = less brain function
I am trying to think of something profound to say but it is beyond me... think its time for bed....xoxo to all of you.... see you in the am...
sleep sweet, Missk... recharge that brilliant brain of yours
sleep well, OM. have a good run tomorrow

Back