The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I don't recall the recipe in its entirety. This was @ 20 years ago. But basically take the roast from the freezer and put it in the crockpot. Open 2-3 cans of cheap beer. Pour in the beer then add water until about 1 inch above the top of the roast.

The details I don't recall are how many hours cooking on high (overnight??) then how many on low (all day while at work??).

It was cooking meat mixed with the breakdown of the hops, etc. from the beer that made the smell. It stenches for several hours then turns a corner and is "yummy food" again.

Wonderfully simple and very tasty in the end. Tender, juicy meat that shredded with a fork. 🤤

But that smell - I simply couldn't face it again. So was a "One Hit Wonder" for me. :oops:
Yep it’s the beer. We used to live near Blackburn where there was a Thwaites Brewery. During summer the smell was awful. Warm, stale beer is not pleasant!

Still deep cleaning the house. Going on five months. Keeps my mind busy, and have results to show for it. The good news is, there's always some project or thing to do around the house. This place needs tons of repair. Electrical is a mess. I need to replace a lot of worn out sockets. Then see how hard it is to do drywall repairs. If it's too complicated, I might hire somebody. Better to admit I am not Mr. Handyman, and fuck things up because I watched one YouTube video. Have a great day.
I'm in the midst of a remodeling project. It was conceived and decided on before my husband died. While I'm not doing the actual work, there is a lot to decide and I have made ALL the decisions on the project. It keeps me busy.

Then it will be the holidays. I'm always busy then. I won't get to cleaning closets, etc. till after the Christmas stuff is put away. Probably close to Easter time. 🙄

Happy Tuesday!!! Today is Verra Bizzy Day. Work all day and then class. Otherwise, nothing too special. I finally got the punch work going officially yesterday. It wasn't the amount accomplished as much as the start that makes it significant. Maybe not the beginning of the end but certainly the end of the beginning.

Coff is almost done. How did that happen???

I'm in the midst of a remodeling project. It was conceived and decided on before my husband died. While I'm not doing the actual work, there is a lot to decide and I have made ALL the decisions on the project. It keeps me busy.

Then it will be the holidays. I'm always busy then. I won't get to cleaning closets, etc. till after the Christmas stuff is put away. Probably close to Easter time. 🙄
It’s good to be busy. Don’t rush the closet clean out. I have been procrastinating on closet clean outs for 2 years!

Back