The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Morning all!

Off to corporate zombieland. Felt weirdly good to get back to work and into a routine. Is that wrong? 😂

Yesterday was busy. Digging out of emails. Back to the grind.

Trying to catch up here. I’ll see yaz all tonght. Make it a great day!! Whatever you do, journey greatly.

Morning all!

Off to corporate zombieland. Felt weirdly good to get back to work and into a routine. Is that wrong? 😂

Yesterday was busy. Digging out of emails. Back to the grind.

Trying to catch up here. I’ll see yaz all tonght. Make it a great day!! Whatever you do, journey greatly.
Wishing you a good day Wonderer. Go Tigers!

I'm in the midst of a remodeling project. It was conceived and decided on before my husband died. While I'm not doing the actual work, there is a lot to decide and I have made ALL the decisions on the project. It keeps me busy.

Then it will be the holidays. I'm always busy then. I won't get to cleaning closets, etc. till after the Christmas stuff is put away. Probably close to Easter time. 🙄
Well done Lili. It has been a traumatic time for you but you seem to have got on with things. That takes a lot of strength. You need to give yourself a round of applause......👏

Still deep cleaning the house. Going on five months. Keeps my mind busy, and have results to show for it. The good news is, there's always some project or thing to do around the house. This place needs tons of repair. Electrical is a mess. I need to replace a lot of worn out sockets. Then see how hard it is to do drywall repairs. If it's too complicated, I might hire somebody. Better to admit I am not Mr. Handyman, and fuck things up because I watched one YouTube video. Have a great day.
Never underestimate the power of the U-Tooob. Just checking that before a major and even minor house operation has saved me time and $. Even if yer not a Wrenchy-Turny dood, you can still harvest the knowledge and power! I feel the house projects. Some have been put off for waaaaaay too long. Had to power wash the plastic fantastic abode yesterday, started in on the concrete drive (which takes forever because it’s north facing so gets grime and mold. As you said, it never ends…

Yet I’ll never complain about the work on here. There are others (almost all!) who put in more before 9 a.m. than I do all day! (Bonus points if anyone gets that reference…Wonderer is excluded from that! )

Now the Morning Z…

IMG_0031.jpeg

That was a busy day with the boys which started in mist but it burned off pretty quickly. An American team out today so if it flew it pretty much got shot at! Kept us busy on every drive.

Tomorrow the rain returns so I am glad I will be at the computer! Forecast for lower temperatures from here on so no more shirt sleeve days for us.
We call that “SkyBusting” down our way…

Yeah, it’s a problem, but if it keeps you busy…

I'm in the midst of a remodeling project. It was conceived and decided on before my husband died. While I'm not doing the actual work, there is a lot to decide and I have made ALL the decisions on the project. It keeps me busy.

Then it will be the holidays. I'm always busy then. I won't get to cleaning closets, etc. till after the Christmas stuff is put away. Probably close to Easter time. 🙄
a health flare had me behind on house chores
then this hand thing
omg - such a cluttered mess
bought some rechargeable cleaning brushes
was able to properly clean my bathroom last weekend
still hard on the hands but nothing like it would have been full manual
i long for the day my place is ship-shape again

quick catch up
Felt weirdly good to get back to work and into a routine. Is that wrong? 😂
human bodies tend to like routine
now start planning what your "Retirement Routine" will be so that's in place when you're ready. 😁
Even if yer not a Wrenchy-Turny dood, you can still harvest the knowledge and power!
I agree - I physically cannot do some tasks but if I know the basics there's less chance of getting buffaloed
Bonus points if anyone gets that reference
🙊😁
Good morning to all. Having my normal overly excited response to my first cup of coffee. Ironically even though it's at my desk at work, I'm pretty sure my reaction is NSFW. At least I'm alone here getting ready for the day now. Ha ha

Hope you all have wonderful days ahead of you!
my reaction was more... "WTF? This is weak. OMG - total weak-ass coffee!!"
then I switched cups... "Oh, that was tea. Now this - this is coffee. Mmmm"
I knew using two identical cups (with lids - I'm at the computer) was going to cause problems eventually. :LOL:

Oh wow that was 15 years ago. I remember it having a more Lebanese type flavor the cheese were more like fetas and haloumi. Spices were more earthy... I remember the feeling of I've got to finish this. I couldn't it was too good to much lol
That sounds delicious! I love ALL Mediterranean and most middle eastern food.

Back