The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Be careful, impy. I’m glad you have some power. Millions don’t.

But be careful. Hope your cleanup isn’t too bad… but above all, glad you and your daughter are safe.
It looked like my house was surrounded by a protection bubble. I cracked a back window and had the front door open for most of the hurricane. I fell asleep shortly after opening it to get cool air blowing through and slept straight through. I didn't mean to. I have a metal screen on the front door. Slept like a baby in the cross breeze. My kid slept in the closet on my mountain of pillows from the tornado warnings.

We had them last night and whilst my pals got great pics I got chuff all!
I had to do a little bit of experimentation. Early on the colors were very visible at around 7:30 PM.

But then they seemed to disappear.

However… using my phone camera with longer exposures, I was able to get some really good photographs. In truth, they looked a lot better on camera than with the naked eye.

After 730, I could barely see them just a faint, faint glow, but my phone picked it up nicely….

It looked like my house was surrounded by a protection bubble. I cracked a back window and had the front door open for most of the hurricane. I fell asleep shortly after opening it to get cool air blowing through and slept straight through. I didn't mean to. I have a metal screen on the front door. Slept like a baby in the cross breeze. My kid slept in the closet on my mountain of pillows from the tornado warnings.
Glad it not only are you guys safe and sound, but that you escaped any major damage!! 🙏

I had to do a little bit of experimentation. Early on the colors were very visible at around 7:30 PM.

However… using my phone camera with longer exposures, I was able to get some really good photographs. In truth, they looked a lot better on camera than with the naked eye.

After 730, I could barely see them just a faint, faint glow, but my phone picked it up nicely….
Northern NE here also. I saw some beautiful pictures of it last night around 8:00. Lots of colors

I’ve only seen the Aurora once before, it was not nearly as spectacular as last nite.

One day, I would love to go to Scandinavia in the winter to really see them!!

Off to Norway and Sweden!!!
I've been to Iceland and Norway a few times and the ones we got last night were just as good. In Iceland we had one night that was also a G4 or 5 solar event that was like being in a planetarium. Didn't have all the red color we had last night. I would have loved to have been out somewhere without street/city lights but the pics from my front porch just using my phone came out nice. Supposed to be good again tonight.

I've been to Iceland and Norway a few times and the ones we got last night were just as good. In Iceland we had one night that was also a G4 or 5 solar event that was like being in a planetarium. Didn't have all the red color we had last night. I would have loved to have been out somewhere without street/city lights but the pics from my front porch just using my phone came out nice. Supposed to be good again tonight.
That is great, it’s a perfect fall night. Or at least it will be. We’re gonna have a fire and have some of our neighbors over for a couple of drinks.

Welcome back, @Lilianna23 - glad you had a good visit with friends!

@ImpishSeraph happy to hear you are safe. Hope the power resumes and clean up is uneventful.

So glad it's finally Friday
Half day for me at work then a laundry list of errands
Oil change for the car tops the list
Thank you, hon! 😘🥰

I'm glad you mentioned your oil change. I need to get my truck in for one. It is also on the list for the airbag recall. 🙄

You were sleeping in the arms of the angels! 😘✨💗

I didn't see them last night. I was working on my taxes and forgot. I'm going to try tonight!

Back