The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

It was good! He is one of my oldest and dearest friends! 35 years! 🥰🥰
Amazing! All that shared history.

My BFF and I met in kindergarten. We've been each other's best friends since age 4. Some things - well, we have our own special shorthand that no one else knows. An original IYKYK kind of deal. You just had to be there. I'm sure you two have that same mojo. Really glad you could get together and hang out. 🤗

I'll add the task to my calendar. It seems to work better for me that way. I'm not saying I don't change the dates or anything...🙄🤣
Are you kidding? That's one of my super powers!!
I come from a very large family... 5 of my siblings are married and between those 5 they have 13 kids of their own. Add in all the in-laws and my own friends???
That's a lot of birthdays and anniversaries to keep track of - thank heavens for online calendars!!

Gorgeous, RJ!😍 I wonder if @Greylag got some shots?
I think @Greylag may need a hug
We had them last night and whilst my pals got great pics I got chuff all!
giphy.gif

Well, would you look at the time?
Sweet Dreams everyone!!!
giphy.gif

FYI - I'm undecided about tomorrow. I may be online but may not. Errands to run and maybe some baking to get done, and a deck repair will be underway at some point. Ridiculous - who put all this stuff on my calendar? And on a Saturday no less. *harrumph* :rolleyes:

Amazing! All that shared history.

My BFF and I met in kindergarten. We've been each other's best friends since age 4. Some things - well, we have our own special shorthand that no one else knows. An original IYKYK kind of deal. You just had to be there. I'm sure you two have that same mojo. Really glad you could get together and hang out. 🤗
We don't go back that far, but he was a great help to me during some difficult times in my life. We met when he was in a drug and alcohol rehab program. My partner at the time was there as well. We really just knew each other from the family group counseling sessions.

He got discharged before my partner did. When my SO learned he was going to be living in his car, he told L that he could live with us. 😳 My SO still had a week in the program so L would be living with me in my house. A strange man I hardly knew. After much soul searching, I agreed. It was one of my best life decisions.

That was 35 years ago. L has maintained his sobriety, went to college, got a few advanced degrees, and is now retired. Even in retirement, he's active and busy.

I long ago shed that partner, but I kept the great friend I made who is like a big brother to me!

Are you kidding? That's one of my super powers!!
I come from a very large family... 5 of my siblings are married and between those 5 they have 13 kids of their own. Add in all the in-laws and my own friends???
That's a lot of birthdays and anniversaries to keep track of - thank heavens for online calendars!!
I use a Birthday app that populates my calendar app and sends me notifications about a week before the event! I could not do without it!

Well, would you look at the time?
Sweet Dreams everyone!!!
giphy.gif

FYI - I'm undecided about tomorrow. I may be online but may not. Errands to run and maybe some baking to get done, and a deck repair will be underway at some point. Ridiculous - who put all this stuff on my calendar? And on a Saturday no less. *harrumph* :rolleyes:
How DARE they? 🤭😅🤣

Have a good day whatever you decide to do, L2! 🥰💕

We don't go back that far, but he was a great help to me during some difficult times in my life. We met when he was in a drug and alcohol rehab program. My partner at the time was there as well. We really just knew each other from the family group counseling sessions.

He got discharged before my partner did. When my SO learned he was going to be living in his car, he told L that he could live with us. 😳 My SO still had a week in the program so L would be living with me in my house. A strange man I hardly knew. After much soul searching, I agreed. It was one of my best life decisions.

That was 35 years ago. L has maintained his sobriety, went to college, got a few advanced degrees, and is now retired. Even in retirement, he's active and busy.

I long ago shed that partner, but I kept the great friend I made who is like a big brother to me!
I love stories like this. I’ve managed to keep a handful of childhood friends (down to just two now) but sadly the meaningful ones have passed on. You never know who you’ll make a meaningful connection with. I’m so happy you have that person!

Couldn’t get to the deep area of Florida yesterday, but heading down today. Hope IS has her power back, and others affected have everything they need.

Great shots of the aurora! It was my packing day and forgot all about going out that night to look. Thanks for sharing!

And now, the regularly scheduled MZ…(this shot looks photoshopped, but the kitty is still cool!)

IMG_0064.jpeg

That’s an amazing story. WOW!!

I love stories like this. I’ve managed to keep a handful of childhood friends (down to just two now) but sadly the meaningful ones have passed on. You never know who you’ll make a meaningful connection with. I’m so happy you have that person!

Couldn’t get to the deep area of Florida yesterday, but heading down today. Hope IS has her power back, and others affected have everything they need.

Great shots of the aurora! It was my packing day and forgot all about going out that night to look. Thanks for sharing!

And now, the regularly scheduled MZ…(this shot looks photoshopped, but the kitty is still cool!)

View attachment 2407263
You’re doing great work, HDH. So many need so much help. And in NC too… 💔

And old friends… yeah. Rocks that you can lean on. And you for them.

View attachment 2407263
Travel well and thank you for your helping those have suffered from the hurricane.

Morning all.

Today is a farm day. Splitting and stacking forewood. We’re selling only about 2/3 of what we have the last few years…. Wondering if it’s due to how dry it is… there’s not a burn ban yet… just not selling a lot.

Pumpkins are most all gone. Didn’t hav a great crop this year.

And a few things to do around the house.

Good luck tonite B2! Pulling for the tigers!

Just been an ordinary day really. Started on the merse at 06.10 until 09.30. No geese over for a shot so just got wet, cold and muddy. Back for breakfast then errands. New remote van key, haircut and lunch in a local cafe. A little shopping to do then home and who knows. I might work on some sticks just not sure. I really ought to try and video the geese coming through at present we will see. Hope you are all waking to a good weekend!

Take care and stay safe.

Back