The Economy

You are exactly like Harpy — obstinately wrong.

Let’s review what’s happened in this thread:

1. I posted a quote from an article that provided the jobs data as well as context from an expert.
  2. You lashed out at me because you didn’t agree with the context the expert provided.
That’s it.

As I said above, it would be better if the jobs estimates were higher but a healthy growth rate is objectively a good thing.

You want me to say that the downward revision is terrible and the sky is falling. But that’s not true so I won’t say it.

What I saw you do in your original response to "Right"guide’s use of a FOX business article that LACKED a full perspective on the jobs numbers revision, involved you presenting an article from Yahoo Finance, a more reliable and unbiased source, that INCLUDED a full perspective on the jobs numbers revision.

The additional information in the Yahoo Finance article provided important insight into understanding how consequential the jobs numbers revision actually was in the context of the overall economic numbers.

Ultimately:

The FOX Business article was bad. The Yahoo Finance article was good.

And:

The jobs numbers are good, despite the revision, while the overall economic numbers are also good - which tracks.

👍

🇺🇸

Dude just likes to argue. Anybody. Any time. Any thread. Any post. Any topic.
Yes, as with most people in the politics forum, I do argue points on occasion. Thanks for confirming. 👍

Maybe one of those vanity threads can be made to discuss.....again.

I would expect a person who seems to enjoy researching the economy would I understand how confidence impacts it, but....I guess not

Hey, everyone has to provide sources, even you. Otherwise we simply respond, “WTF are you talking about?”

Right?

Thanks for the links.

Hey, everyone has to provide sources, even you. Otherwise we simply respond, “WTF are you talking about?”

Right?

Thanks for the links.
The economy runs on confidence. Losing confidence sends the economy downward.

Not rocket science. Maybe I should've provided an econ class registration for ya 👍

The economy runs on confidence. Losing confidence sends the economy downward.

Not rocket science. Maybe I should've provided an econ class registration for ya 👍

But it’s not obvious at all that a revision to a jobs estimate has any true impact on the nation’s confidence. 99% of Americans probably don’t even know the Bureau of Labor Statistics makes those estimates.

Anyway, we’ll see if there’s any impact.

But it’s not obvious at all that a revision to a jobs estimate has any true impact on the nation’s confidence. 99% of Americans probably don’t even know the Bureau of Labor Statistics makes those estimates.
"Americans" aren't the ones needing confidence. Business owners and corporations invest based on risk. Risk is high when confidence is low.

Anyway, we’ll see if there’s any impact.

He is right

Trump blasts revised jobs report: 'MASSIVE SCANDAL!'​

"The Harris-Biden Administration has been caught fraudulently manipulating Job Statistics to hide the true extent of the Economic Ruin they have inflicted upon America," Donald Trump wrote.

He is right

"The Harris-Biden Administration has been caught fraudulently manipulating Job Statistics to hide the true extent of the Economic Ruin they have inflicted upon America," Donald Trump wrote.
It's not a scandal.

He is right

Headline: MAGAs Pretend that Creating 174,000 Jobs Per Month is Economic Ruin

Trump laughed at the economic illiteracy of his basement dwelling followers.

The economy IS in recession and will continue to be in recession. To say otherwise is to have your head in the sand. NO political party is going to bring the US out of economic fail. There is no quick fix no outside help. Political parties are about the party or in the case of the republican'ts one person. End the Federal reserve. It is not Federal and it has no reserves.

U.S. applications for unemployment benefits inch up, but remain at historically healthy levels

Jobless claims rose by 4,000 to 232,000 for the week of Aug. 17, the Labor Department reported Thursday. The four-week average of claims, which evens out some of the weekly gyrations, ticked down by 750 to 236,000.

Weekly filings for unemployment benefits, which are a proxy for layoffs, remain low by historic standards.

From January through May, claims averaged a rock-bottom 213,000 a week. But they started rising in May, hitting 250,000 in late July and adding to evidence that high interest rates are taking a toll on the U.S. job market.

The economy IS in recession and will continue to be in recession. To say otherwise is to have your head in the sand. NO political party is going to bring the US out of economic fail. There is no quick fix no outside help. Political parties are about the party or in the case of the republican'ts one person. End the Federal reserve. It is not Federal and it has no reserves.
The definition of recession has not been met. That requires negative GDP.

The economy IS in recession and will continue to be in recession. To say otherwise is to have your head in the sand.

The economy is not in recession. GDP, employment and average wages all continue to rise.

End the Federal reserve. It is not Federal and it has no reserves.

The Federal Reserve has two mandates: promoting maximum employment and stable prices.

We’ve had the longest run of low unemployment since the 1960s. And the CPI inflation rate is falling each month and is down to 2.9%.

Conspiracy theories about the Fed are really strange because it has limited powers.

The economy is not in recession. GDP, employment and average wages all continue to rise.

The Federal Reserve has two mandates: promoting maximum employment and stable prices.

We’ve had the longest run of low unemployment since the 1960s. And the CPI inflation rate is falling each month and is down to 2.9%.

Conspiracy theories about the Fed are really strange because it has limited powers.
I'm calling bullshit on your federal reserve mandates.....
The main core of responsibility of the federal reserve is, setting interest rates, managing the money supply and regulating financial markets.... ie (market manipulation)..... as well as Leander of last resort.... no, the fed has incredible power. It over sees the cost of borrowed money..... they cause unemployment by raising the cost of borrowed money, increase employment by lowering the cost of borrowed money..... these sleazy criminals control/affect your life in ways your unable to imagine.....enjoy your day paying off other people's debt, including paying for the illegal aliens rent, food, health care and general well-being while you grind your life away as these filthy invaders laugh at you....

So they say. They are doing a wonderful job at that aren't they. The volume in my groceries keep going down. They don't even try and disguise it anymore with smaller packaging. And don't feed me bullshit numbers I already get all that from Government statics and the FED. Lying liars lying.

So they say. They are doing a wonderful job at that aren't they. The volume in my groceries keep going down. They don't even try and disguise it anymore with smaller packaging. And don't feed me bullshit numbers I already get all that from Government statics and the FED. Lying liars lying.
Today I learned that the Federal Reserve is responsible for smaller packaging in grocery stores.
Who knew?
You learn a lot hanging out on political discussion forums!

Today I learned that the Federal Reserve is responsible for smaller packaging in grocery stores.
Who knew?
You learn a lot hanging out on political discussion forums!

I am surprised you are able to find your way back here every day.

Back