The Economy

The OP has the IQ of a potato and still hasn't figured out how to use an apostrophe properly. Sad. Must be a trumptard.

The OP has the IQ of a potato and still hasn't figured out how to use an apostrophe properly. Sad. Must be a trumptard.

I’m the OP of this thread. I went back and reviewed apostrophe use in my comments and I don’t see errors, but feel free to point them out if you want to play apostrophe police. It might be fun for you!

I have the IQ of a rock, not a potato. And I’m definitely not a “Trumptard”. 😆

Maybe you meant to comment on the Ukraine thread that features an apostrophe error in the title?

I’m the OP of this thread. I went back and reviewed apostrophe use in my comments and I don’t see errors, but feel free to point them out if you want to play apostrophe police. It might be fun for you!

I have the IQ of a rock, not a potato. And I’m definitely not a “Trumptard”. 😆

Maybe you meant to comment on the Ukraine thread that features an apostrophe error in the title?
You're right, my bad. I saw a post by icant and assumed he was the OP. He is the potato trumptard I speak of.

He is right

Trump blasts revised jobs report: 'MASSIVE SCANDAL!'​

"The Harris-Biden Administration has been caught fraudulently manipulating Job Statistics to hide the true extent of the Economic Ruin they have inflicted upon America," Donald Trump wrote.
The revision was leaked otherwise we'd still be in the dark about the real numbers. What's even funnier is the Commerce secretary was clueless which seems to indicate an attempt to gloss over the real numbers and hide the real numbers from the American people. Typical.

Interesting.

Did you notice that in July 2024 the unemployment rate for native born workers is lower than for non-native workers, but in July of 2019 the unemployment rate for native born workers was higher than for non-native workers?

Unemployment rates

July 2019: Native: 4.2% Immigrant: 3.0%
July 2024: Native: 4.5% Immigrant: 4.7%

Also it looks like native born workers are aging out of the workforce. Their participation rate fell from 63.3% in 2019 to 62.3% in 2024.

https://www.bls.gov/webapps/legacy/cpsatab7.htm

Anyway, I’m sure you’re glad that immigrants are working instead of being a burden on society.

The revision was leaked otherwise we'd still be in the dark about the real numbers. What's even funnier is the Commerce secretary was clueless which seems to indicate an attempt to gloss over the real numbers and hide the real numbers from the American people. Typical.
The revision was not leaked. The labor department released the preliminary numbers, which won't be final till next year

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/08/21/economy/bls-jobs-revisions

The economy IS in recession and will continue to be in recession. To say otherwise is to have your head in the sand. NO political party is going to bring the US out of economic fail. There is no quick fix no outside help. Political parties are about the party or in the case of the republican'ts one person. End the Federal reserve. It is not Federal and it has no reserves.
we're not in a recession and every dem pres had pulled us out of the one left behind by repub failureship since ronnie.

Last edited:
The revision was not leaked. The labor department released the preliminary numbers, which won't be final till next year

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/08/21/economy/bls-jobs-revisions
On Wednesday, the Labor Department announced that the U.S. added818,000 fewer jobs than it had initially reported.The government estimated that job growth averaged 174,000 a month in the year that ended in March

According to the Labor Department, the revisions released were preliminary and the final numbers will be issued in February 2025.

"It's a total lie. Total lie," said Trump. "There's never been any revision like this. They wanted it to come out after the election, but somehow it got leaked."

On Wednesday, the Labor Department announced that the U.S. added818,000 fewer jobs than it had initially reported.The government estimated that job growth averaged 174,000 a month in the year that ended in March

According to the Labor Department, the revisions released were preliminary and the final numbers will be issued in February 2025.

"It's a total lie. Total lie," said Trump. "There's never been any revision like this. They wanted it to come out after the election, but somehow it got leaked."

The Labor Department released the numbers.

Trump is lying.

🙄

ineedhelp1 is a slow learner:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/no-the-biden-administration-is-not-manipulating-jobs-data/amp/

😑

👉 ineedhelp1 🤣

🇺🇸

we're not in a recession and every dem pres had pulled us out of the one left behind by repub failureship since ronnie.

I could put up some links but I just don't care that much. It's been covered by smoke and mirrors but that is now falling apart.

Enjoy your life while you can.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 wow just wow, you must use a funnel to drink that kool-aid 😖😖😖😖
Anyway enjoy your day paying off other people's debt and supporting the illegal aliens while you grind out the day..

wow just wow, you must use a funnel to drink that kool-aid
Anyway enjoy your day paying off other people's debt and supporting the illegal aliens while you grind out the day..
explain yourself against my facts, dave.

I could put up some links but I just don't care that much. It's been covered by smoke and mirrors but that is now falling apart.

Enjoy your life while you can.
falling apart for 40 years?

bring the links, lisa louise.

The Labor Department released the numbers.

Trump is lying.
I believe Trump over anything associated with the Biden/Harris administration or democrats in general. The lies spewed from the convention were off the charts, who could believe anything coming from any governmental agency within the Biden admin? I believe there was a whistleblower, don't expect MSN to come clean. The fact that the final revised numbers were not to be posted till Jan 2025 makes it even more likely of a leak. Revisions are monthly, this revision was a culmination of year to date numbers. IMHO

I believe Trump over anything associated with the Biden/Harris administration or democrats in general. The lies spewed from the convention were off the charts, who could believe anything coming from any governmental agency within the Biden admin? I believe there was a whistleblower, don't expect MSN to come clean. The fact that the final revised numbers were not to be posted till Jan 2025 makes it even more likely of a leak. Revisions are monthly, this revision was a culmination of year to date numbers. IMHO
You can believe lies. Nobody is stopping you.

And you not understanding that the final numbers are always not posted until final revisions are made on the year, is also your prerogative. Those are always released in February.

The fact that the final revised numbers were not to be posted till Jan 2025 makes it even more likely of a leak. Revisions are monthly, this revision was a culmination of year to date numbers. IMHO

This was the normal revision of the jobs estimates. No need for a leak; the information was released on schedule and as expected.

In accordance with usual practice, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is announcing the preliminary estimate of the upcoming annual benchmark revision to the establishment survey employment series. The final benchmark revision will be issued in February 2025 with the publication of the January 2025 Employment Situation news release.

Each year, the Current Employment Statistics (CES) survey employment estimates are benchmarked to comprehensive counts of employment for the month of March. These counts are derived from state unemployment insurance (UI) tax records that nearly all employers are required to file. For National CES employment series, the annual benchmark revisions over the last 10 years have averaged plus or minus one-tenth of one percent of total nonfarm employment. The preliminary estimate of the benchmark revision indicates an adjustment to March 2024 total nonfarm employment of -818,000 (-0.5 percent).

https://www.bls.gov/ces/notices/2024/2024-preliminary-benchmark-revision.htm

The volume in my groceries keep going down.
From my records in Quicken:

2014, Jan 1 to Aug 18, I spent $1,727.42 on Groceries
2024, Jan 1 to Aug 18, I spent $1,163.46 on Groceries

Nearly $600 less than 10 years ago.

Back