The Halloween 2024 Official Contest Support Thread!

Freya👩🏻‍🦰 is a gem 💎like that.
I suffer from the same lack of comments, (My LW is doing better at 7) but maybe that means you and I are neither stella or beneath contempt?! One of my biggest number of comments were about the nature of 'small computer companies' and mistaking the Royal Navy as being an American institution! I Step off the Train
I'll have too look you up!

Thank you for the read and comment..
Skinwalker was a corollary to a (semi) series I wrote about life in the US Southwest.
Lack of context with the characters in Skinwalker has led to some confusion that hasn’t done my story any favors.
Asdza at the bar was a shapeshifter. Intent on punishing Pickle for his transgression.
Asdza at the close was a real person. She was the feral lover encountered in the first story in the series.
Her identity was taken by the Skinwalker.
Aunty Nez had powers of her own. She was the protagonist in the story Witchy Woman.
Her enigmatic smile at the close was my way of ending the tale. In keeping with the Bob Seger tune
Night Moves, she was ‘getting her share.’
I could have done a much better job clarifying these plot points. Live and learn.

The first was One of These Nights. I left text links to the others…I think.
Cheers

Skinwalker was a corollary to a (semi) series I wrote about life in the US Southwest.
Lack of context with the characters in Skinwalker has led to some confusion that hasn’t done my story any favors.
Asdza at the bar was a shapeshifter. Intent on punishing Pickle for his transgression.
Asdza at the close was a real person. She was the feral lover encountered in the first story in the series.
Aunty Nez had powers of her own. She was the protagonist in the story Witchy Woman.
Her enigmatic smile at the close was my way of ending the tale. In keeping with the Bob Seger tune
I could have done a much better job clarifying these plot points. Live and learn.

Cheers
I mentioned it in the comment I left, you should consider putting these in a series. You can put them in order allowing your readers to get the full impact of the story. From this 'chapter' I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it.

I mentioned it in the comment I left, you should consider putting these in a series. You can put them in order allowing your readers to get the full impact of the story. From this 'chapter' I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it.
A good point, but for competitions the story can't be part of a series - but you can add it after.😏
DukeofPaducah, do you know how? As it took me a while to click and click on Series (Beta).
Or you could take my route of some explanitory notes, almost like you just did (though the clarification about Asdza would be better in the story like her asking him 'Do I know you?' and her voice being very different.) But even that needs to take into account the rules. However, 'having a character appear from another story does not a series make'🤔? Particularly if you are not implying that the NEED to read the other story.
YMMV IYSWIM (I reserve the right to be (proved) wrong)🤠

Your Grace:
[I think that’s an appropriate address to a Duke]
I read your comment above as I was halfway through your story, which influenced my view of the finish. I enjoyed both, in spite of some of the fetish/kink not being my particular things. I left a long-winded comment (feeling sorry for myself with zero comments on mine, I had to give if I wanted to receive). Others have mentioned the paragraph formatting; I hope you have the time and inclination to clean this one up. It’s worth it.

Cheers

Your Grace:
[I think that’s an appropriate address to a Duke]
I read your comment above as I was halfway through your story, which influenced my view of the finish. I enjoyed both, in spite of some of the fetish/kink not being my particular things. I left a long-winded comment (feeling sorry for myself with zero comments on mine, I had to give if I wanted to receive). Others have mentioned the paragraph formatting; I hope you have the time and inclination to clean this one up. It’s worth it.
Thank you.
I’ll give your offering a peep and a squeak

Just submitted my offering. 13.5K words. Started it yesterday, finished it and edited it today. (yeah, work is slow this week.)
It was so fun to write. Look for "What are the Odds,' coming soon to T/CD.

I liked how the plot elements were interwoven and reached critical mass at the close.
The choice of an EMT as protagonist kept dramatic tension between boinks.
I thought it well-crafted and rated it accordingly.
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I truly appreciate the time you took and am gracious of you thoughts.

Just submitted my offering. 13.5K words. Started it yesterday, finished it and edited it today. (yeah, work is slow this week.)
It was so fun to write. Look for "What are the Odds,' coming soon to T/CD.
13.5K words in one day? I don't know if I could think that fast! You're awesome!

Well, I'm down. Good concept, good characters, a reasonable plot - and it just won't gel. Ah well, I'll have a solid start for 2025's event.

Good luck to all.
Nothing ticks faster than the deadline clock at Literotica. I had to pull a section of my Halloween story to get it submitted yesterday. Writing a three way conversation during a three way sex scene became as jumbled as it sounds! But I tucked it away for another day.

Thanks...😊

To be fair, it was more like two days, Tuesday morning to Wednesday evening, but I was inspired and the story did just flow. Probably not my most developed story, but it was fun to write.
Sounds a bit like mine, in terms of getting possessed to write it. (but a mere 10.5k over two and a bit words, but that's a long story for me - more impressive was FreyaGersemi👩‍🦰 doing a beta read and stardust sprinkle in a day!).
The-Devil-Does-Care About Attitude isn't getting good ratings, (or many or comments) but I don't know if that's the sex, the theology or the economics! I'll have to add it to my distractions for my Sci-Fi story. Re Categories I'm a bit of a bed hopper!

Thanks...😊

To be fair, it was more like two days, Tuesday morning to Wednesday evening, but I was inspired and the story did just flow. Probably not my most developed story, but it was fun to write.

Love it when it flows like that. That's when you know you're onto a good one.

Back