The "Implosion" of the Democratic Party

Possibility Four:

A Dean-Nader/Nader-Dean ticket motivated by a Jeffords-ian style revenge...

Fawkin'Injun said:
Possibility Four:

A Dean-Nader/Nader-Dean ticket motivated by a Jeffords-ian style revenge...

you forgot to add ".................and gets trampled by the Republican juggernaught."

Ishmael

The implication was so big that Ted Kennedy could have mistaken it for a Pink Elephant in his pajamas...

And there just aren't that many Democrats involved in the thread, so I assumed I could speed up the patterns of speech, talk more softly, and use words of some syllabic dimension.

:D :D :D

The Democrats of this year remind me of the Broncos' secondary yesterday...

Everyone was standing around, assessing the situation, pointing blame, saying, "It wasn't MY responsibility," while the receiver ran to the end zone untouched.

;) ;)

[Previously posted in the wrong thread... So sue me. Use Siren.]

:D

Fawkin'Injun said:
The implication was so big that Ted Kennedy could have mistaken it for a Pink Elephant in his pajamas...

And there just aren't that many Democrats involved in the thread, so I assumed I could speed up the patterns of speech, talk more softly, and use words of some syllabic dimension.

Of course there aren't that many Dems in the thread.

There are the Dems that know Dean is a disaster for the Party and just don't want to talk about it. It's sorta like talking in front of strangers about an uncle that molests children.

And the true believers don't want to discuss his demented comments either. They even attempt to justify a few. Go figure.

Ishmael

I hear on the Democrat website Bush is being morphed into Hitler and Dean is being morphed into Jesus H. Christ (but he pronounces it "Hey Zeus" so he can get the hispanic and baseball vote...).

I'm in Georgia, why should I even bother voting? Dean will get 90% of the 35% of the blacks that will bother to vote, and 30% of the white vote. But I'll vote just to replace Zell with a real republican.

Fawkin'Injun said:
I hear on the Democrat website Bush is being morphed into Hitler and Dean is being morphed into Jesus H. Christ (but he pronounces it "Hey Zeus" so he can get the hispanic and baseball vote...).

Yep. There's a link to the site at Drudge.

Ishmael

It's about time WD...

One of the quickest changing voting blocks is RELIGIOUS Black Conservatives who are tired of only getting lip service from the Democratic Party. I don't see Dean making ANY inroads in the South as a NE Peace-Loving Corridor guy.

I think it's more than likely, especially after the release of his book and noting a lot of trends in the South that a Republican will be elected to take Zell's seat. Even HE's endorsing the Republicans even though he refuses to change because he's always been a Democrat.

A_J

We elected the first republican governor since reconstruction and about 8 senators crossed over after the election. Outside of the south side of Atlanta, the democratic party is dead in Georgia. Dean will just drive another nail in the coffin.

The same thing has happened in most of the Southern States.

I just moved to Missourah which has swung Republican for the first time in modern history.

It's like I told the unholy Trinity back in '99 and 2000. The US is changing and it's turning more conservative and beginning to repudiate the thoughts and motives of the 60's generation...

They should have stuck to coke and a smile!

Blame it on Fox news. Perhaps out of the ashes a new Bill Clinton will arise.

Dean's, and actually all of the Democratic hopefuls except Lieberman, campaign is based on hatred of Bush. Not one postive message in the campaign. People react to that. Particualarly the "moderates". They don't like that message. They want a reason to vote "for" something, not against it.

The Democrats are left with the large population centers and dare to claim that New York, Los Angeles, and Boston are representative of what Americans think and want.

Ishmael

Don't forget Palm Beach...

:D :D

You need to go over there and play Jimmy Carter and observe those elections if Florida is to swing Republican!

Note that one Florida Senator won't run after his Bush bashing backfired bigtime at home.

Fawkin'Injun said:
Don't forget Palm Beach...

:D :D

You need to go over there and play Jimmy Carter and observe those elections if Florida is to swing Republican!

Note that one Florida Senator won't run after his Bush bashing backfired bigtime at home.

Yup, Graham is toast and will be replaced with a Repub.

Palm Beach County is Kennedy land. Singer Island and all that. If you think the politics stinks down there you should see their fiscal balance sheet. PB county is borderline insolvent. Trump has taken them to the cleaners twice now and the Seventh Day Adventists nailed them to the tune of $30 milliion or so a couple of years ago.

But they continue to spend on "civic" projects like they have a printing press for $100 bills in the basement of City Hall. A lot of folks are moving out and leaving a poverty stricken tax base behind.

In other words a typical liberal cycle.

Ishmael

Taken by the 7th day crowd, eh?

Good Gawd but that's funny on several levels...

Fawkin'Injun said:
Taken by the 7th day crowd, eh?

Good Gawd but that's funny on several levels...

The SDA's bought the old civic ctr for about $1 mil. Home Depot wanted the property but the city thought that that was too commercial. Soo, they sold to the SDA's. The SDA's subdivided and leased the property to Home Depot. BIG lease. But the land is still owned by the church and the lease payments go to the church. No tax base for the city. The valuation on the property at the time of sale was in the 20 Mil neighborhood.

It was quite funny to watch. You gotta love liberals. Most don't have a fucking biz gene in their body. They couldn't balance a check book if their life depended on it. Every decision is driven by politics, not rational thought.

Ishmael

Lolololololfawkin'lo...

I have a friend (Jewish) who claims most Christians know you're going to hell and they're going to Heaven, so they're more than ready to fawk you over in this world...

... 'cause it don't matter!

Fawkin'Injun said:

I really don't think the election is going to be that close and I think the old methods of polling are somehow not getting at a true cross-section of America.

I just enjoy the discussion.

I hold polls in light regard also, I remember the polls saying that Reagan's 2nd election was going to be close. I just chalk them up to Democrats trying to skew results to sway any undecided voters who may be easily swayed such things. They think that voters are stupid sheep willing to follow whatever carrot is put in front of them rather than intelligent people who can see through their schemes.

LovetoGiveRoses said:
I hold polls in light regard also, I remember the polls saying that Reagan's 2nd election was going to be close. I just chalk them up to Democrats trying to skew results to sway any undecided voters who may be easily swayed such things. They think that voters are stupid sheep willing to follow whatever carrot is put in front of them rather than intelligent people who can see through their schemes.

That's certainly not my memory of the 1984 election. The last time it looked close was after Mondale got his post-convention bounce. And don't forget, every final pre-election poll but one had Bush winning the popular vote in 2000.

I think polls this early are pretty useless since very few people are paying attention to the election. The closer you get to Election Day, the more validity the polls have.

You didn't notice that Zell isn't going to be a candidate? You could get out and vote and help get rid of some other rascals at both the State and Federal level..Hell, Zell should please you if you want a republican :) He just refuses the label.....and the Democrats hate him. Have you read his book?
[

QUOTE]Originally posted by WriterDom
I'm in Georgia, why should I even bother voting? Dean will get 90% of the 35% of the blacks that will bother to vote, and 30% of the white vote. But I'll vote just to replace Zell with a real republican. [/QUOTE]

You got it! Dean will lead the pack of losers in Ga, if he is the Democratic Candidate. If Dean is the candidate, having the (D) after your name on the ballot will just about guarentee you a spot in the losers column on election day

WriterDom said:
We elected the first republican governor since reconstruction and about 8 senators crossed over after the election. Outside of the south side of Atlanta, the democratic party is dead in Georgia. Dean will just drive another nail in the coffin.

Wrong Element said:
And don't forget, every final pre-election poll but one had Bush winning the popular vote in 2000.
There were other factors at play there. If you look at the actual breakdown of most good polls these days, they're usually taken over three days. But those three days usually aren't over the weekend. Polls made on weekends just aren't as accurate as ones on weekdays.

In 2000, Bush's DUI arrest broke right before the final weekend before the election. So there were no truly accurate polls which could break down its effect on the election. There were a couple Sunday/Monday/Tuesday morning polls released on Election Day which showed an uptick for Gore. But that was a massive underestimation, because when it came time to go in and pull the lever, three out of four undecided voters voted for Gore. That meant millions of votes for Gore that no poll could have predicted two or three days in advance.

TB4p

Here's an example of how some are getting involved in the process who were not active before. I think this shows an acceptance of the individual voter's opinion and the value of having that support.

I don't support candidate yet, but given the problems states are going to have with voting systems, I have to accept the possibility that Dean might be elected.

It's good to see more people getting involved.

LOS ANGELES - A few months ago, Kimmy Cash was just another disaffected 28-year-old California punk with a pierced nose looking for a cause to believe in.

Then she stumbled on Howard Dean, the man who would be George W. Bush's Democratic challenger in next November's presidential election, and her life changed in dramatic and unexpected ways.

She became not just a convert, converts being part and parcel of any half-decent campaign for high political office. She became not just a volunteer, because the word suggests someone who licks envelopes or makes phone calls at the candidate's behest. Rather, she has turned into the queen of her own pet enterprise, which is to politicise America's two million punks and get them interested in electoral politics.

Another presidential campaign might have insisted that she subject her ideas to committee approval. Another might have been nervous about having a punk fan club at all. But the Dean people, with their radical new approach to grassroots organising, told her to go right ahead, no questions asked, and the results are extraordinary.

Her website, punx for Dean , receives thousands of hits each day. In less than three months she has signed up 13,000 volunteers to hand out literature at punk clubs and concert venues across all 50 states.

She is organising a nationwide series of concerts, the first rule of which is that every attendee must be registered to vote. (Registration forms will be on hand at the door.)

Next month, her site is putting out a CD of underground punk bands named after the Dean slogan "Taking Back America". By now, interest has grown so high from other youth groups that Cash is thinking of starting websites catering to hip-hoppers for Dean and skaters for Dean.

"Nobody's ever tapped into this demographic, and it kicks ass," she says on the phone from Arizona, where she is setting up new chapters of her organisation. The way she sees it, she's helping to effect a seismic shift in the way American politics operates by energising the half of the electorate that never usually votes.

Given that the margin between Al Gore and George Bush in several states in 2000 came down to a few hundred votes - in Oregon, New Mexico, New Hampshire as well as Florida - the punk factor could turn out to be no trivial matter.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3541527&thesection=news&thesubsection=world

edited for link repair

Last edited:
Back