The "Implosion" of the Democratic Party

ruminator said:
Here's an example of how some are getting involved in the process who were not active before. I think this shows an acceptance of the individual voter's opinion and the value of having that support.

I don't support candidate yet, but given the problems states are going to have with voting systems, I have to accept the possibility that Dean might be elected.

It's good to see more people getting involved.

edited for link repair

Kimmy Cash is the perfect example of why Dean is going to loss big if nominated.

Ishmael

LovetoGiveRoses said:
I hold polls in light regard also, I remember the polls saying that Reagan's 2nd election was going to be close. I just chalk them up to Democrats trying to skew results to sway any undecided voters who may be easily swayed such things. They think that voters are stupid sheep willing to follow whatever carrot is put in front of them rather than intelligent people who can see through their schemes.

The pollsters and the press, in particular, have a vested interest in making the contest appear as close as possible. So do the party hacks, one of the reasons that they usually commision two polls. Only one of which is made public.

A runaway race makes for lousy news days. The press want a contest and by God they're going to get one even if they have to make one up. The pollsters feel the same way, but their motivation is a little more greedy. A close race means more polls more often.

And the parties want to give the impression of a close race to motivate the voters to get off their ass and go to the polling places.

So most of the interested parties have a vested interest in at least giving the impression of a race that's much closer than it may really be.

Ishmael

I don't think there's much doubt which way the numbers will go in the next election.

The U.S. agribusiness industry gave $12 million to presidential and congressional candidates in the first nine months of last year, with 72 percent of the money going to Republicans, according to the Center for Public Integrity, a nonpartisan group which tracks campaign finance.

Bush received $1.7 million from agribusiness political action committees and employees in the first nine months of 2003, more than any other candidate for office. Democratic presidential hopeful Howard Dean received $89,966, according to the center.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/economy/usgovernment.html

Ishmael said:
Kimmy Cash is the perfect example of why Dean is going to loss big if nominated.

Ishmael
That's as logical as saying support from David Duke is a perfect example of why George Bush is going to lose big if nominated.

Those punk rockers are part of why we got that commie dunderfuck Hillary Clinton and vice president Bill in the White House.

LovingTongue said:
That's as logical as saying support from David Duke is a perfect example of why George Bush is going to lose big if nominated.

Those punk rockers are part of why we got that commie dunderfuck Hillary Clinton and vice president Bill in the White House.

I saw CNN (of all places) do a special on all of Hillary's racist comments of the past few years. They commented that any Republican saying the same things would be in serious trouble and that Trent Lott was run out of his job for a lot less.

ruminator said:
I don't think there's much doubt which way the numbers will go in the next election.

Hey Rum, instead of posting slanted news blurbs why don't you go and do some real research into where each of the two parties get their money. Hmmm??

Brace yourself, you're in for one big surprise. :D

Ishmael

LovetoGiveRoses said:
I saw CNN (of all places) do a special on all of Hillary's racist comments of the past few years. They commented that any Republican saying the same things would be in serious trouble and that Trent Lott was run out of his job for a lot less.

It is pretty much one sided there.

I can't help but wonder how Clarence Thomas feels about all this.

Ishmael

The press would have been all over the person if a Republican had made comments like Hillary's. It points to the double standard the press holds and the long left leaning that they do (with the minor exceptions of a few papers like the Washington Times, Wall Street Journal, Richmond Times, etc).

LovetoGiveRoses said:
The press would have been all over the person if a Republican had made comments like Hillary's. It points to the double standard the press holds and the long left leaning that they do (with the minor exceptions of a few papers like the Washington Times, Wall Street Journal, Richmond Times, etc).

There's a similar debate going on in another thread. JMJ's holding down the fort over there.

Ishmael

Ishmael said:
There's a similar debate going on in another thread. JMJ's holding down the fort over there.

Ishmael

I saw his references to liberal bias in the media. It gave me a good laugh (when I think of all those who say that the media is biased in favor of conservatives.....except for those "unbiased" sources like the NYTimes and the Washington Post...LOL).

LovetoGiveRoses said:
I saw his references to liberal bias in the media. It gave me a good laugh (when I think of all those who say that the media is biased in favor of conservatives.....except for those "unbiased" sources like the NYTimes and the Washington Post...LOL).

Think about that for a minute LTGR. How liberal do you have to be to accuse the NYT or WP of being conservative? It's scarry.

I noticed that one dude came in with the # of editors that endorsed Bush over Gore. For once I'd like to see the total circulation numbers of the papers that endorsed Gore vs the papers the endorsed Bush. There's numbers within numbers within numbers. Or to paraphrase Orwell, some numbers are more equal than others. :)

Ishmael

Ishmael said:
Think about that for a minute LTGR. How liberal do you have to be to accuse the NYT or WP of being conservative? It's scarry.

I noticed that one dude came in with the # of editors that endorsed Bush over Gore. For once I'd like to see the total circulation numbers of the papers that endorsed Gore vs the papers the endorsed Bush. There's numbers within numbers within numbers. Or to paraphrase Orwell, some numbers are more equal than others. :)

Ishmael

Pretty scarry. LOL. Then again Gore was pretty scarry. I'm amazed that he got so many votes. I live in a pretty conservative area, but still, in the local area I couldn't find one person that was even sympathetic to Gore.

I lived in Philly when the big voter fraud problem was discovered there (there were thousands and thousands of fraudulent votes "manufactured" by the democrats.) They printed bunches and bunches of them in the paper. I wonder how widespread that sort of things is.

LovetoGiveRoses said:
Pretty scarry. LOL. Then again Gore was pretty scarry. I'm amazed that he got so many votes. I live in a pretty conservative area, but still, in the local area I couldn't find one person that was even sympathetic to Gore.

I lived in Philly when the big voter fraud problem was discovered there (there were thousands and thousands of fraudulent votes "manufactured" by the democrats.) They printed bunches and bunches of them in the paper. I wonder how widespread that sort of things is.

St Louis and Milwaukee for sure. Albeit not thoroughly investigated. (The Dems concentrated on Florida for some reason and the only counties that were accused of fraud were run by the Democrats. Funny huh?) Cook county (Chicago) has always been notorious for ballot fraud although I understand it's a little better now.

Ishmael

Ishmael said:
St Louis and Milwaukee for sure. Albeit not thoroughly investigated. (The Dems concentrated on Florida for some reason and the only counties that were accused of fraud were run by the Democrats. Funny huh?) Cook county (Chicago) has always been notorious for ballot fraud although I understand it's a little better now.

Ishmael

Alabama too. A friend of mine owned a polling company. He was a democrat, but he freely admitted that voter fraud in the democratic party in Alabama was widespread.

LovetoGiveRoses said:
Alabama too. A friend of mine owned a polling company. He was a democrat, but he freely admitted that voter fraud in the democratic party in Alabama was widespread.

At one time every headstone in the Pleasant Plains, Ark. cemetary was registered to vote. And did so in every election. :)

Ishmael

I watch CNN almost all day from my office (I have one of those cool little plasma TV's hanging on the wall in my office) and was interested to see the change in CNN in the last few days.

All during the holiday week they were singing the praises of Howard Dean and Wes Clark was nary mentioned. All of a sudden, in the last couple days, it's like the tide's gone out and Howard Dean isn't being fawned over, but Wes Clark is. They've run several news highlights talking about Howard Dean's contradictions from earlier years to now and things like that.

It's like CNN decided that they'd become a branch of the Elect Wes Clark organization.

None of this matters anyway, the fix is in. Diebold and ChoicePoint are run by Reich-wingers, they own all the EVMs, and those machines leave NO paper trails behind them. Ridiculously easy to hack, and it has already been done. Diebold's CEO has said publicly that he wants to get as many votes for Bush as he can. California and several other states are trying to pass legislation requiring paper backup, but that'll be too little, too late.

Don't believe me? Go to www.blackboxvoting.com

Last edited:
LovetoGiveRoses said:
I watch CNN almost all day from my office (I have one of those cool little plasma TV's hanging on the wall in my office) and was interested to see the change in CNN in the last few days.

All during the holiday week they were singing the praises of Howard Dean and Wes Clark was nary mentioned. All of a sudden, in the last couple days, it's like the tide's gone out and Howard Dean isn't being fawned over, but Wes Clark is. They've run several news highlights talking about Howard Dean's contradictions from earlier years to now and things like that.

It's like CNN decided that they'd become a branch of the Elect Wes Clark organization.
You've never heard of the concept of equal time, have you?

LovetoGiveRoses said:

Clark's experienced a bump in his poll numbers recently.

TB4p

So has Bush. I saw the latest poll on Drudge this morning (or Fox).

As well as the endorsement of Don King:

Friday, Jan. 9, 2004
Why Don King Supports Bush '1,000 Percent'

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - Was that really Don King we saw wowing the crowd before President Bush's fund-raising appearance Thursday? Yes indeedy.

There he was, decked out in an off-white suit adorned with the sort of patriotic lapel pins that give Bill Moyers heartburn, carrying two small American flags, flashing a grin and posing for photos with fellow Bush fans.

"I support him 1,000 percent. He's creative, innovative and decisive," the boxing promoter told the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel.

Only in America.

And Guess who says the same thing as Zell Miller?

Friday, Jan. 9, 2003 3:19 p.m. EST
Sharpton: Clinton 'Killed the Democratic Party'

The Democratic Party is dead, presidential candidate Rev. Al Sharpton said Thursday. And it's Bill Clinton's fault.

Launching into a tirade against Democratic centrists during an interview on Washington, D.C., TV station WJLA, Sharpton complained that it's been all downhill for Democrats since Clinton took over 10 years ago.

"Bill Clinton won, the party didn't," railed the radical reverend. "And Bill Clinton [might] not have won if it had not been for Perot."

"That is my point - centrism killed this party," he insisted. "We didn't regain the Congress in 1998. ... In 2000 we lost it all. In 2002 we were demolished, we were demolished. We lost everything as a party."

Sharpton said Democrats certainly couldn't do any worse if they nominated him for president, since the party seems to be flat-lining already.

"People are saying, 'Will Sharpton, the Progressive, kill the party?' The party's dead. I've come to help start the resurrection," he announced.

Though Sharpton's comments are among the most politically explosive uttered during the presidential campaign so far, with the exception of radio host Rush Limbaugh, who played the Sharpton audio during his Friday broadcast, the reverend's outburst has gone unreported.

And didn't we know that the race card was going to be played in an election year...

Can Hispanics be far behind?

Steven Ybarra, a Democratic National Committee (search) official and regional coordinator of Latinos for Dean (search), called Rosario Marin (search), the former U.S. treasurer under President Bush who is now seeking the GOP nomination to compete against California Sen. Barbara Boxer, a "house Mexican for the Republicans." The attack was sent out in a mass e-mail to political activists, community leaders and a number of journalists this week.

"During all the attacks on our people, regardless of which side of the border the Republicans focus on, she has remained officially silent," Ybarra wrote.

Ybarra was using a variation on a derogatory slave term used to denigrate blacks perceived to be following a white agenda. Historically, slaves who labored in the house rather than in the fields were said to have received better treatment and to have been more loyal to the slave owner.

Marin, a former mayor of Huntington Park, Calif., and aide to former Gov. Pete Wilson, responded to the attack by accusing Ybarra of having his own bias.

"Apparently, according to Mr. Ybarra and many of his fellow Democrats, if you are not a liberal Democrat, then you shouldn't be considered a legitimate minority. It doesn't matter that I'm an immigrant, the daughter of a janitor and a seamstress, or that I had to teach myself English because my first language was Spanish," she said in a statement.

Marin, who has depicted her campaign as a historic opportunity for the California GOP to expand its base, also called on state Democratic leaders to "condemn Mr. Ybarra's hateful and bigoted remark."

Marin is not the first Bush official to have been castigated for being a minority Republican. In October 2002, Harry Belafonte (search), the calypso singer and dancer, accused Secretary of State Colin Powell of being a "house slave" for toeing the party line of an administration Belafonte opposed.

;) ;) :D

Jeez bro, you're a C&P'n fool this AM. Got up early to do that research.

Ishmael

Did you see that I sand-bagged 'em again by quoting Clinton?

:D :D :D

Bush haters too predictable!

;) ;)

Back