The William Shatner, Jon-Benet Ramsey & Lacey Petersen Thread

perdita said:
Re. S. Peterson - I don't care and do not read or watch any news of him.

I do want to mention that there are many more pregnant black and hispanic women murdered or abused by their husbands or lovers that do not get anywhere near the press the Petersons have commanded. Same for kidnap and child abuse victims. When there's an all-american white face attached to crime, it's always better news and brings more public emotions than otherwise.

Perdita
I think about this too, perdita... why there are a few cases that get so much media attention and then there are thousands of other murder/ abuse/ kidnap victims every day. Doesn't make sense and is very unfair.
:mad:

perdita said:
p.s. I too think little girl beauty pageants are the saddest thing.

I demand that we start having boy beauty pageants, as well! Fair should be fair! *slams fist on desk*

Ouch!:(

the tragedy about joan benet ramsey is she was killed while only a child and it probably was right in her house too! and she recieved the fame that she always wanted but only in death. much like sharon tate (the lovely actress killed by charles manson killers in 1969 ,who was also directors roman polanski's wife) As for william shatner I just don't know what happenned there it all seems strange like one of his old twilight zone adventures he did a long time ago!

MR. Gibson' erotic tales!

William Shatner et al

The last I knew, William Shatner was still alive. He did some guest shots on "Third Rock from the Sun" in its last year, and I think he is otherwise active.

JonBenet was definitely killed at home; her body was found there. That was a tragedy and the perps will probably never be convicted. Most people, including me, think it was one or both of her parents but there is not any real evidence against them. Whatever evidence there might have been was destroyed by friends and neighbor tramping all over the house.

Unless the killer or killers have an attack of conscience, we will never know the truth.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=207952MySm

oh yes, boxlicker I know William "star trek" shatner is still living. I just meant I don't know what happenned when his wife was found drowned in that pool of theires. that's all I meant! thanks.:)

MR. Gibson said:
oh yes, boxlicker I know William "star trek" shatner is still living. I just meant I don't know what happenned when his wife was found drowned in that pool of theires. that's all I meant! thanks.:)

Nerine Shatner combined alcohol, Valium, and a swimming pool diving board to reach her accidental death, according to the BBC, quoting a Los Angeles County, Coroner's spokesman.

BBC REPORT

Quasimodem said:
Nerine Shatner combined alcohol, Valium, and a swimming pool diving board to reach her accidental death, according to the BBC, quoting a Los Angeles County, Coroner's spokesman.

BBC REPORT

I just watched a special on Shatner on the Biography Channel. He was at his daughter's for dinner, she drowned while he was gone. Not even a hint of foul play.

perdita said:
Re. S. Peterson - I don't care and do not read or watch any news of him.

I do want to mention that there are many more pregnant black and hispanic women murdered or abused by their husbands or lovers that do not get anywhere near the press the Petersons have commanded. Same for kidnap and child abuse victims. When there's an all-american white face attached to crime, it's always better news and brings more public emotions than otherwise.

Perdita

By and large the vast number of crimes commited never see publicity. Black, white, hispanic, asian, it really dosen't matter. Only a select handful make the headlines in your local paper. Even fewer the regional headlines and only a tiny fraction get even cursory national attention. The thing I find most curious about the Laci Peterson case is that it has become a national headline grabber. It has none of the things that usually do that. It isn't a mass murder, nor a serial killer, it isn't a celebrity like Mj or Kobe, there are no lurid details about fetisistic sex or demonic rituals involved. It's a murder case like thousands of others each year and yet it has gained the recognition usually reserved for celebrity crimes while others like it never see any publicity.

-Colly

Colly Said:

By and large the vast number of crimes commited never see publicity. Black, white, hispanic, asian, it really dosen't matter. Only a select handful make the headlines in your local paper. Even fewer the regional headlines and only a tiny fraction get even cursory national attention. The thing I find most curious about the Laci Peterson case is that it has become a national headline grabber. It has none of the things that usually do that. It isn't a mass murder, nor a serial killer, it isn't a celebrity like Mj or Kobe, there are no lurid details about fetisistic sex or demonic rituals involved. It's a murder case like thousands of others each year and yet it has gained the recognition usually reserved for celebrity crimes while others like it never see any publicity.

I think one of the reasons the Petersen case has been in the news so much is that Modesto is also the home of the former congressman who was having an affair with the intern who went missing. Later, she was found dead in the park. Modesto also figured in the case of the three women who were murdered in Yellowstone Park. The three cases are otherwise unrelated but they do have that one thread in common

http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=207952MySmut

shereads said:
This looks like a job for... The Modesto Chamber of Commerce!
Hmm, and what is the ratio of Repubs and Dems do you think? Is there a large population of ducks? Who might be some famous alums of the town? Research needed methinks.

Perdita

Edited to add:Modesto Pagan Pride

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I agree about Scott Peterson, and that he's like several other 'perfect husbands' in 'perfect marriages' ---whose whiteness makes them good media fodder.

But I ask the expects here, who the heck killed Jon Benet Ramsey?

Back