To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
An' another thing, Du Lac

I can't find, in my dictionary, the Chinese character that you signed off with . Four strokes, right? What is it? Simplified or classical?
E.
Me? I'm simplified.

duckiesmut said:
Thank you, Art, for the mention, and thank you to all those who commented.

:rose:

you welcome duckie~
love that AV~

Thanks Du~
for all you Do
When a dew drop falls ... (dedicated to the Du~)
would have never come about if not for your encouraging
and inspirational ways, and good conversations, TY,

bows humble (~_~)

My Erotic Tale said:
you welcome duckie~
love that AV~

Thanks Du~
for all you Do
When a dew drop falls ... (dedicated to the Du~)
would have never come about if not for your encouraging
and inspirational ways, and good conversations, TY,

bows humble (~_~)

Your welcome she says as she bows right back...lol.. we better watch it ART.. we may compliment each other right out of ZEN thinking lol...
Du~

Du Lac said:
Your welcome she says as she bows right back...lol.. we better watch it ART.. we may compliment each other right out of ZEN thinking lol...
Du~

coolbeans
chasin chickens and
home made ice cream...

damn still some zen in that too...<grin>

Thanks to Art, Du Lac and ishtat for the mentions and of my latest poems. And to all that read. That's what they're there for. :) :rose:

To those that have commented on my latest poems, a :rose: for you. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Fflow said:
There is a great new poem posted by an exciting up-and-coming young writer. The poem, How To Bury A Quaker delves deeply into the creative process, its challenges and rewards. The author paints with a bold linguistic and metaphorical pallet that evokes Keats, Yeats, and maybe even Yates. (Certainly not Proust, however (thank God!))

Also, it holds a special dedication to Wicked Eve!

Enjoy!

y'know, i can't ever remember anyone plugging their own poem on the review thread before,

but what the hell. go 'head. :cool:

Fflow said:
There is a great new poem posted by an exciting up-and-coming young writer. The poem, How To Bury A Quaker delves deeply into the creative process, its challenges and rewards. The author paints with a bold linguistic and metaphorical pallet that evokes Keats, Yeats, and maybe even Yates. (Certainly not Proust, however (thank God!))

Also, it holds a special dedication to Wicked Eve!

Enjoy!
Subtle ;)

PatCarrington said:
y'know, i can't ever remember anyone plugging their own poem on the review thread before,

Brinnie's smarter than we give her credit for!

flyguy69 said:
Brinnie's smarter than we give her credit for!

I'm sure you're right, it's calculated stupid. She's setting us up for a full-frontal attack, mark my graffitti.

Brinnie wuz hear

Tristesse said:
I'm sure you're right, it's calculated stupid. She's setting us up for a full-frontal attack, mark my graffitti.

Brinnie wuz hear
Isn't it supposed to be pink? :D

PatCarrington said:

I did it once, by calling my own poem shit (it was shit... I wrote and submitted it drunk), and it happened to appear on the day I did reviews... Worked too. Got some good feedback. Self deprecation seems to go down quite well.

Last edited:
I have never failed to do it. Every time I had poems posted on my review days, I mentioned them. I'm shameless that way. :rolleyes:

Lauren Hynde said:
I have never failed to do it. Every time I had poems posted on my review days, I mentioned them. I'm shameless that way. :rolleyes:
That doesn't strike me quite the same as posting a stand alone review of your own poem written as though it was someone else's poem altogether. Not that I'm knocking it. Creative. Made me laugh. :)

Lauren Hynde said:
In what way are you not shameless, dearheart? :D

Self-Promotion

I normally do not promote my own work on the review thread but, because of the 'humorous' nature of my missive, and the dedication to Wicked Eve, I wanted to make sure that everyone was up to speed, as it were...

I considered a more restrained presentation... Something like:

"Hi all... I posted a non-erotic poem using euphemisms for taking a dump and its really funny. go check it out!"​

but opted, instead, for the more wacky, self aggrandizing route that, in many ways, is far more appropriate (and funny!)

Thanks, as always, for everything!

Fflow said:
I normally do not promote my own work on the review thread but, because of the 'humorous' nature of my missive, and the dedication to Wicked Eve, I wanted to make sure that everyone was up to speed, as it were...

I considered a more restrained presentation... Something like:

"Hi all... I posted a non-erotic poem using euphemisms for taking a dump and its really funny. go check it out!"​

but opted, instead, for the more wacky, self aggrandizing route that, in many ways, is far more appropriate (and funny!)

Thanks, as always, for everything!
I really didn't get your euphemisms until you pointed it out. I guess I'm not fixated on poop, fortunately. So, why did you dedicate it to me? Just to be a shit?

Last edited:
PatCarrington said:
i was waiting all day for you to ask that. :cool:
I made a comment on the poem to be polite before I realized it was a shitty poem. :rolleyes: Damn my politeness. I either did something to piss him off or he thought sticking the Wicked Eve name in the poem would get it more reads/votes. :confused: I have no idea.

WickedEve said:
I made a comment on the poem to be polite before I realized it was a shitty poem. :rolleyes: Damn my politeness. I either did something to piss him off or he thought sticking the Wicked Eve name in the poem would get it more reads/votes. :confused: I have no idea.
Or maybe he just really, really likes you. Kinda like pulling your hair on the playground. ;)

WickedEve said:

sometimes, love is just a mystery. :kiss:

*sigh* wicked eve... Sorry!

No, I dedicated it to you as an homage to the thread you started some time ago about words and phrases one should never use in poems. I wasn't trying to be mean, or anything, other than funny. Sorry it didn't go that way.

If you're ever wondering if something I said was meant to be mean or funny, you can usually assume that I was going for funny, even though I failed miserably.

I try not to be a mean person.

Sincerely sorry for the mixup.

I'll delete the dedication.

xoxo

fflow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back