To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you

Eve,
Thank you for mentioning my poems, intercourse, a la mode, and whose choice. also,( thanks angeline for the suggestions, they make a lot of sense and I will rewrite soon :))

and big warm hugs to all who have read and commented, your time is much appreciated :rose:

ps, to anonymous, I promise you, I am not anna :rose:

Re: thank you

Catalina Frisco said:
Eve,
Thank you for mentioning my poems, intercourse, a la mode, and whose choice. also,( thanks angeline for the suggestions, they make a lot of sense and I will rewrite soon :))

and big warm hugs to all who have read and commented, your time is much appreciated :rose:

ps, to anonymous, I promise you, I am not anna :rose:
Sorry I didn't give whose choice a better review but I ran out of review time this morning, so I just did a quick mention.

eve

thank you for mentioning "secrets of skeletons" :rose:

also, you taking on today's reviews in liar's absence shows what genuine concern you have for this community.

thank you for that also. :rose:

patrick

Thank you Ms Wicked for your recommendation on Dear Ghosts. I'm Photoshopping again madly and loving it. I don't know why, but there is something for me about the process of laying out a poem on an illustration that makes me rethink the poem and end up with tighter writing. Anyone else find that to be true? Evie? Lostandfounder? Neo-man?

And thank you to those who commented. I truely appreciate your words, though I'm not sure how I ended up adopting Tath as my dependent. (This will be a good thing in April, right Tath?)

:rose:
Ange

Angeline said:
Thank you Ms Wicked for your recommendation on Dear Ghosts. I'm Photoshopping again madly and loving it. I don't know why, but there is something for me about the process of laying out a poem on an illustration that makes me rethink the poem and end up with tighter writing. Anyone else find that to be true? Evie? Lostandfounder? Neo-man?

And thank you to those who commented. I truely appreciate your words, though I'm not sure how I ended up adopting Tath as my dependent. (This will be a good thing in April, right Tath?)

Ange
My poetry gets worse when I attach it to an illustration! I must assume that I can put less effort into words since there's a pic to go with it. I don't know...

WickedEve said:
My poetry gets worse when I attach it to an illustration! I must assume that I can put less effort into words since there's a pic to go with it. I don't know...

just as a side note
So far every body part you have featured in your AV has been
pretty damn good lookin....

Carry On

Angeline said:

Ange

Would I lie to you bubeleh??

WickedEve said:

that's because, unlike me, you've already mastered the art of brevity.

:D

Tathagata said:
just as a side note
So far every body part you have featured in your AV has been
pretty damn good lookin....

Carry On
You're a monkey. A banana peel looks good to you. I do have good legs, though. Oh, just look at those man-crushing thighs of mine. Wanna get squeezed, monkey boy? Oh, never mind. Man-crushing, not monkey-crushing...

Angeline said:
that's because, unlike me, you've already mastered the art of brevity.

Well, you're quote above is brief... and I'm sure you've written short (13-14 stanza) poems. :D

WickedEve said:
You're a monkey. A banana peel looks good to you. I do have good legs, though. Oh, just look at those man-crushing thighs of mine. Wanna get squeezed, monkey boy? Oh, never mind. Man-crushing, not monkey-crushing...

Once again the monkey hits the wrong button..and gets a shock instead of the yummy pellet

Tathagata said:
Once again the monkey hits the wrong button..and gets a shock instead of the yummy pellet
Oh, that's sad! Poor little monkey. Here, have a... pellet of... kiss, kiss, hug, hug?

WickedEve said:
Oh, that's sad! Poor little monkey. Here, have a... pellet of... kiss, kiss, hug, hug?

Well that's a much better offer than the monkey crushing thighs
Thanks
;)

Angeline said:

For my illustrated poems, I "usually" do the art first then write the poem to the art. My illustrated, ~Touching the sun's art was created a full month before the poetry. The only time I haven't done that would be for, Feathers—the poem was written first (which I need to de redo since I think I've gotten better with the photo-shopping and 3D Poser)

Was Dear Ghosts a negative? I think you did a fab job on that. It'e very creative, Ange.

- neo

neonurotic said:
For my illustrated poems, I "usually" do the art first then write the poem to the art. My illustrated, ~Touching the sun's art was created a full month before the poetry. The only time I haven't done that would be for, Feathers—the poem was written first (which I need to de redo since I think I've gotten better with the photo-shopping and 3D Poser)

Was Dear Ghosts a negative? I think you did a fab job on that. It'e very creative, Ange.

- neo

Thanks, neo. I go the other way round most of the time--I have the poem and then I do the illustration. Maybe that's why I feel more of a need to edit the poem. Right now though, I have an illustration I did of Thelonious Monk that I really dig, but I keep staring at it, waiting for the poem to come, lol.

And the photo for Dear Ghosts was not a negative, just an old family picture that I played with in Photoshop till I got the right "ghostly" look I wanted. BTW, guess who the little girl peering through the words is?

ferociouskittycat said:
17/09.
. . .
Abortion by Reltne Short, but very powerful words.
. . .
Thank you for the mention FKC/DM review person. And thank you to my regular cadre of 4 - 5 voting readers. :rose: :)

I was inspired by some recent powerful anti-abortion poems. I wanted to come from the other side, but instead it just came out stark and could be liked or disliked by either side. Abortion might be thought of as selective human weeding, and isn't garden weed control plant abortion?

Reltne said:
Thank you for the mention FKC/DM review person. And thank you to my regular cadre of 4 - 5 voting readers. :rose: :)

I was inspired by some recent powerful anti-abortion poems. I wanted to come from the other side, but instead it just came out stark and could be liked or disliked by either side. Abortion might be thought of as selective human weeding, and isn't garden weed control plant abortion?

My pleasure LOL

You chose really suitable words to help make your poem solid.

I liked it. :)

The weed thing got me. It was original, and really made the reader think. I love your imagination.

BooMerengue said:
I saw this one bloom earlier in the week, and loved it then. Now I think Beginnings is perfect.

A really difficult subject when you aren't involved. knowing Ange like I do makes this a terriffic poem.

Thank you, Angeline Extraordinaire!!

Thanks Boo. I wrote it as a response to tung's poem (who I hope survived the hurricane!), but you, I knew, would understand. :kiss:

And doormouse, ty for your comment dear lady--it's a new poem. I just wrote it--might sound like another of mine though, lol.

:heart:

ferociouskittycat said:
17/09.

my first review... be gentle with me LOL

John by Angeline I loved. The image and abstract way she placed her words really made this a gripping poem.

It's through time by lil_fire She has a few submissions, but this is by far my fave.

Abortion by Reltne Short, but very powerful words.

Battle Cry by irishcatsmeow Worth the read. I'm biased, I love dragons :)

Forbidden Love by harley23 I just loved this. The images were fantastic.

anamneses by ferociouskittycat Well I couldn't do my first review without a plug LOL

Understanding Salem's Witch Trials by Uncle Pervey Well worded, and a touching subject. I really liked this one.

Dancing Wildly by Belegon Just loved this.

Grapevine by Remec Very abstract, yet well worth the read.

Thanks Kitty! I really appreciate the recommendation. And Boo, as I said in my comment--ee may be a total sweetheart, but I've loved Lennon fporever and ever--I love ee too, but he ain't gettin credit for John, lol.

Angeline said:
Thanks, neo. I go the other way round most of the time--I have the poem and then I do the illustration. Maybe that's why I feel more of a need to edit the poem. Right now though, I have an illustration I did of Thelonious Monk that I really dig, but I keep staring at it, waiting for the poem to come, lol.

And the photo for Dear Ghosts was not a negative, just an old family picture that I played with in Photoshop till I got the right "ghostly" look I wanted. BTW, guess who the little girl peering through the words is?

Is that you? :)

Heh...you had such nice memories. Mine were of greasy green, gobblins under my bed with stretchy long arms that would grab my hand if I slept with my arm on the edge.

Now here I'm 27 and still can't sleep with my hand off the side of the bed ;)

- neo
that confession
was all in
your imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back