To keep the review thread clean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Tung for recommending my two poems today, and thank you those who commented.

Safe House was a spur of the moment memory I wrote yesterday.

Too Marvelous for Words is one I wrote last year and have been reworking recently. I think it's one of my best, certainly a favorite of mine. It's really a love song for Papa Jo Jones, the original drummer for the Count Basie Orchestra. He played from the 1920s to his death in the early 1980s. He was an amazing figure in jazz, not only as an innovative musician but as an historian and spokesman for his music and his culture.

papa%20joe%20jones.jpg

My dear Tung! I know you're up! Thank you for this...

BooMerengue pays homage to another lit poet annaswirls in Anna's Gift . This is the stuff myth's are born of....and presented in a form poem of all things.....considering annas freeform flights......here's a taste....

Anna swirled now faster round and round
and every word she spoke was rich in tone
so singing louder she began to hone
her rhymes that chased Ol' Winter to the ground.

She danced from tree to shrub; from hill to vale
Swirling spinning dancing her delight!
and everywhere she stepped it was a sight
to see the green return in dead of night.

I had so much fun with this. I still don't feel I got it just right- I could see it, but not spell it! LOL

Yes, Anna! This is your surprise! In honor of Mannequin Envy! You go, girl!

Thank you Boo for mentioning " Natural Selection
Judging from the response people weren't sure What to think...it is, of course, meant to be funny in a vicious way.

I'd like to also thank everyone who has voted and commented on my work recently.
I have been neglectful in my thanks and that's just wrong.
I'll be better from now on
:rose:

Story Index

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the story index this morning?

I keep getting the last 15 comments on something....

Not that I don't like reading comments.......especially if they're about me....:D

but thet're not:( .....

Good morning tath and Ange....:rose: I know you're out there....

Re: Story Index

tungtied2u said:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the story index this morning?

I keep getting the last 15 comments on something....

Not that I don't like reading comments.......especially if they're about me....:D

but thet're not:( .....

Good morning tath and Ange....:rose: I know you're out there....

mornin sweety.

see ya later--i'm off to errands. even on labor day, darnit. on the other hand i'm not *in labor,* so i'm not complaining.

:D

Much thanks...

Just wanted to thank everyone one who left public comments in my last two poems, Quasi-philosopher and ...it's raining. Really I'm not too big for my britches as Literotica has been a very humbling experience and everyones kind words, really do mean alot to me.

- neo

New Poems Review

Thank you Tara for the mention of First Day of School in your review.

Thank you, Neo! :rose:

And thanks to all who left PCs :) (Fawnie, no worries. I knew it was you. You didn't need to go back & sign in. :D)

Thanks!

TT,

Thanks for the mention in the reviews of Too Many Years. Perhaps someone else can learn from my mistakes.

Miss O

Thank you tara

re: new poem reviews:

First day of School by tungtied2u is short but sharp, with a nicely-conceived, one-line ending. Give it a try.

Today’s lesson is current events
With a sub-text of terror
It will be written with your blood

tungtied2u gives us a second fine read of the day....not IN school, but ON THE WAY there, as a little girl waits for the salvation of her morning ride in Bus Stop :

Solitary
she waits at the crossroads
her daily pre-dawn torture
the minutes crawl by
the automobiles too
each one a potential nightmare

Despite being inebriated, tungtied2u managed to write 3 poems worthy of mention. There are a few things that I do better drunk than sober, but writing is not one of them! Weave down the road with him, double-lining, in Longing

Monday night , headed home drunk
once again double lining
I see ahead you and I entwining
In rapturous embrace
God , what is this place?

I appreciate all your kind words....and the hard work you put in on today's reviews....it was a bumper crop of fine and innovative work in many cases.

And thank you to all those who read and commented on the above mentioned poems. It's nice to hear from you.

tarablackwood22 said:
Good morning, poets, :) and anyone else who is crazy enough to be reading this.

Terrific job filling in for Maria yesterday, neo......she's being punished?......I don't know whether that sounds bad or delightful.

DISCLAIMER-- same as always......scroll up.

38 NEW POEMS today, but coffee first. ;)

You MUST READ Angeline's Five Strophes , a wistful run through winter and a photographer's lens, written with her typical grace and magical feel for language.

I was what your voice bumped,
what you touched while languishing
in boredom’s late gray, adjusting
camera clicks and the winter sky.

Doctor John was surely growling from her speakers when Angeline wrote Night Tripper .....go down to N'awlins with her, and tell her what you think.

He knows Mama Roo
is queen of the little red wagon.
He conjures her. His voice calls
her out from old St. Louis 1,
and she rises past the crypts
in steamy air that creeps
up your back, grips you
till she holds you
in her foggy bones.

Well you had your work cut out for you today, sister mine. ;)

Thank you for mentioning these two poems of mine, and thanks to those who commented as well. Yes, there is a typo in Five Strophes, but oh well--I spell checked, but it was spelled correctly--should have been "hides" not "hide." This full-time job business is hard on my poetry editing. :D

Peace,
Ange

thanks tara

for your efforts on the reviews today and your mention of "apples through the looking glass".

Thanks as well to all who left comments and sent feedback.:kiss: :rose:

More than one person asked so, yeah, it was supposed to be casing. ;)

Thak you Tara for taking on this task and doing it so well.

And thanks for mentioning my poems, cursive in magnesium and cassiopea's chain. Okay I am a science geek.

Thanks for the comments as well!

~anna

Thank you, Miss Blackwood, for recommending Denizens: Ben, and thanks to all for the comments and advice. Smooooch!

Thanks Neo for mentioning my photogenic poem!

Here is the cement mixer
okay so I didn't wait for the right lighting
but I did wait

Attachments

• cement_mixer.jpg
    cement_mixer.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 10
Thank you Neo for the mention..
I really liked this one too...it's always the ones I like that people pass by
LOL

Thank for your encouraging words.

:D

minsue said:
Thank you, Neo! :rose:

And thanks to all who left PCs :) (Fawnie, no worries. I knew it was you. You didn't need to go back & sign in. :D)

am i that predictable??..

i don't do well disguising myself ..:rolleyes:

good thing my psycho bitch moved on:eek:

:kiss: :kiss:

i wanted to say ty too for the review tara..and to let everyone know i'm still reading your stuff..rating it too but until i get my pc hooked up i'm dodging on and off of tungtied's pc..so i don't have enough time to leave many comments.

but i do appreciate the wonderful stuff you all have been posting..just thought i'd say it.:kiss: :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back