"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
jthserra said:
Due to some scheduling restraints, MET has asked if I could cover the Saturday New Poetry Reviews for a few weeks for him. Well... hold your breath a little longer, I am working on them now and hopefully will have them finished before your faces get too blue...

jim : )
"Scheduling restraints"? A standing appointment at a B/D parlor?

"Sorry, Harrington, I can't do the 2:00. I'll be tied up."

Blue Rains.....

Kaart%20Thank%20You.JPG

for mentioning my poems The Watchman and Shekina Rising on the Monday reviews...

I would also like to thank Flyguy for his kind motivations and critical views on my poem The Watchman... It was a wonderful learning experience~ :rose:

blessings
Du Lac~

flyguy69 said:
"Scheduling restraints"? A standing appointment at a B/D parlor?

"Sorry, Harrington, I can't do the 2:00. I'll be tied up."
more like Saturday "Classes" on better understanding... 'wanna be' critics with negative tones.

Thanks Jim... I enjoyed your 'insightful' review.

Last edited:
thank you, miss triss for the mention of my latest effort in your reviews today.

Thanks to Elizabetht for mentioning my little write, "News Flash." Each comment becomes extra special when it's for one little verse in a blizzard of many as there were today.

:rose:

Rybka said:
Bon Voyage by TheRainMan is a "must read" by a new talent at Literotica. It is my pick of the day :rose: :rose: :rose:

Gee, a whole thread for thank-you's. How civil.

So, thank you for your kind words about my poem, Rybka.

And to all who took or will take time to comment and leave critcism, thank you also.

:)

just wanted

to thank all those who commented on Indigo Rain..such ideas and help really means so much...thats the kind of feedback that really makes one look at the substance of the pen and knead it like a loaf of bread...I also dislike too much fluff..but, finding the words and not loose the idea..peak oil and indigo children as they are born already knowing the future...will work on it a bit ...tweak the adj..maybe needs a little more simple words...but, I like to be able to cloak and spin...take care..***** is a poem...always in progress... :)

jthserra said:
Another excellent poem today fell from The Rain Man as he exhaled The Weight of Breath . The central metaphor of breath/breathing rolled through the poem, but I did find myself distracted here and there as some alternative images wandered in and out of the poem. It's a wonderful poem that can perhaps be even better with a slight narrowing of scope. Either way, read it and see what you think:

"and meager juts of hip, to god’s
good bones where we long
the way the toothless long for apples,

for a time we recall like that red snap
."

I love that red snap of the apple.

jim : )

Jim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and mention my poem, and most of all for the in-depth and thoughtful commentary you made on the poem itself. You touched many important points, and gave me a lot to think about.

Thanks also to everyone who took a moment to read and comment.

WickedEve said:
If you don't stop using "tha" a tree will grow out of your ass. You may like it. You may not. But it will happen. I saw a documentary about it on the discovery channel last night. After this guy dropped a few pears out of his ass, he stopped saying "tha." Or was it an apple tree?

I don't know nuthin about birthin no trees, but I have to agree with Eve, RF, that the use of "tha" and "n" (for "and") is distracting to me to the point where I can't take a poem seriously when it's scattered with them. You know I like you a lot and that I say this with respect. You write some wonderful poetry, and I think it would be even better without those expressions. If you're comfortable with it, disregard me as a cranky old purist and do your thing, but I think losing those terms would be an improvement.

Just my opinion. :)

:kiss:

Angeline said:
I don't know nuthin about birthin no trees, but I have to agree with Eve, RF, that the use of "tha" and "n" (for "and") is distracting to me to the point where I can't take a poem seriously when it's scattered with them. You know I like you a lot and that I say this with respect. You write some wonderful poetry, and I think it would be even better without those expressions. If you're comfortable with it, disregard me as a cranky old purist and do your thing, but I think losing those terms would be an improvement.

What 'n' 'tha' world do you mean?

Do you boycot M & M's ? You know I like ya' GrassHopper, the Shakespearian poet, I find that the 'thees' and 'thou's' are distracting...perhaps the same way your uncomfortable with country slang. I find them to ADD charactor and spice a poem with something a 'tad bit' different which I see so many asking for something out of the norm. Dare to be different.

I for one enjoy the 'country charm' of RF'S writes. Like most poets her more serious poems are 'Grammar' correct 'n' 'tha'.... fun, silly, play with words are 'tha' cats meow 'n' poetic writ's.

just my opinion <grin>

another M&M

ah I thought "'tha" was more pseudo ghetto -- is it country? I picture the cute Eminem wanna be boys on my block when I hear tha'

oh in case anyone had any doubt, this is just my opinion. And Sally McMann who lives at 124 North Main Street in some town in Idaho.

But I do not speak for Sally. Just myself.

My Erotic Tale said:

Do you boycot M & M's ? You know I like ya' GrassHopper, the Shakespearian poet, I find that the 'thees' and 'thou's' are distracting...perhaps the same way your uncomfortable with country slang. I find them to ADD charactor and spice a poem with something a 'tad bit' different which I see so many asking for something out of the norm. Dare to be different.

I for one enjoy the 'country charm' of RF'S writes. Like most poets her more serious poems are 'Grammar' correct 'n' 'tha'.... fun, silly, play with words are 'tha' cats meow 'n' poetic writ's.

just my opinion <grin>

Last edited:
My Erotic Tale said:

just my opinion <grin>

You rarely find a "thee" or "thou" in anything I've written. I've posted well over 1,000 poems here since I joined--maybe 3 use the terms? And dialect--or anything for that matter--can work very well in poetry. But most every poem one writes?

Anyway, Art, I'm not attacking her. She has asked me publically and privately for my honest opinion and I respectively gave it. Why do you feel a need to defend her?

Last edited:
annaswirls said:
ah I thought "'tha" was more pseudo ghetto -- is it country? I picture the cute Eminem wanna be boys on my block when I hear tha'

oh in case anyone had any doubt, this is just my opinion. And Sally McMann who lives at 124 North Main Street in some town in Idaho.

But I do not speak for Sally. Just myself.

Ain't much 'Getto' 'n tha' hills of Tennessee <grin>

I heard a getto boy came to town once, he disappeared 'n' ole Betsy looked like she had a rather large meal <bigrin>

Angeline said:
You rarely find a "thee" or "thou" in anything I've written. I've posted well over 1,000 poems here since I joined--maybe 3 use the terms? And dialect--or anything for that matter--can work very well in poetry. But most every poem one?

Anyway, Art, I'm not attacking her. She has asked me publically and privately for my honest opinion and I respectively gave it. Why do you feel a need to defend her?

I didn't claim I was defending HER, I do how ever defend the right to use 'country' slang that a lot of my poems posses. <grin> I just added to the conversation and you felt I was defending her?

Tossing views back and forth <aint that what we do?>

My Erotic Tale said:
I didn't claim I was defending HER, I do how ever defend the right to use 'country' slang that a lot of my poems posses. <grin> I just added to the conversation and you felt I was defending her?

Tossing views back and forth <aint that what we do?>

Yeah I did, but never mind.

annaswirls said:
good good come on maybe Eve's ass will make an appearance.....

:)

Bearing 'tha' fruit....<laughing>

I always did like a good entrance by the wicked one <grin>

Tossing the core out.

Angeline said:

It is Sunday and fast approaching the "Season of Goodwill" so this in no way a shot at R/F alone but "tha" "n" and "lil" just make me move on to the next poem. Unfair? No, because someone else finds it cute and catchy and, in their eyes I'm the loser.

While I'm at it shouldn't it be "bows humbly" or "a humble bow"?

Tristesse said:
It is Sunday and fast approaching the "Season of Goodwill" so this in no way a shot at R/F alone but "tha" "n" and "lil" just make me move on to the next poem. Unfair? No, because someone else finds it cute and catchy and, in their eyes I'm the loser.

While I'm at it shouldn't it be "bows humbly" or "a humble bow"?

LOSER

heeheehee

I couldn't help myself.

:running and hiding under the covers:

annaswirls said:

LOSER

heeheehee

I couldn't help myself.

:running and hiding under the covers:

:jumping on the bed with my Doc Martens: