TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

Happy Tuesday!!! It's stipend payday, which is a lot like getting one's allowance. They used to dole that out near the end of the month, but they now wait until the last of the month, which means it hits your account on the first. And gives them use of their money for every last split second, like we used to get paid of a Friday, but only after two, when the banking week closed.

Looks like we may get a few showers today, and mostly clouds.

I believe that we only have paint weasels any more. They are easy to manage, and they're working outside now doing the new handrails.

The coffee is a hit, and no dachshunds snuck under the door during the night . . . .

437a4ad17e6ece36dd1169eefb784c7e.jpg

20924072-1929-ford-model-a-thumb.jpg

tumblr_orv8ukxeAf1qilm9oo1_1280.jpg

I was expecting the contact cement from one vender, but the Vibram skins for my gen-u-wine cowboy boots was at my mail drop a week early. Decided to tackle that little project tonight. Inside. With poor to really no ventilation.

I turned out all the lights to avoid attracting critters and left the door hanging open for a couple of hours while I sat on my iron couch outside and watched YouTube rabbit trails.

I go yhrough a lot of trual and error with shoes and boots. Sitting for hours is a lot different than walking for hours. I have some circulation issues in the mangled leg. I find it best to switch options frequently. Different options hold the ankle at a different angle and so on. Coupla of days in one pair, switch it up got a couple of other days.

I've got to pairs of driving moccasins the Puma ones fit like a glove. I bought 'em years ago for those four-hour sprints to go see the kids after a 12 hour night driving the truck. they are awful after just an hour or two. Feet don't look swollen but they obviously are. Found oversized Italian Paris secondhand and those just slide around.

What I do is I try to find something preferably well broken in and try them out cheap. If I like them I go get them re-soled. I've spent $100 getting new soles on a $15 purchase.

I'm currently evaluating a used pair of $400 Allen Edmonds shoes that were nearly new that feel promising, and an expensive pair of Germanic-looking Swiss shoes that are new, probably because the original owner couldn't break the beasts in, either. I'm going to put in some pain on them, because they are pretty sharp, but if they don't start softening up, I'll donate them.

I finally found sort of the ideal fit in a well broken pair of Justin boots. Plain, unadorned, mid-calf, low boots. Moderate heel. Comfy to drive in, easy to kick off. Became comfortable walking boots with some inserts.

I wear out my left boot. I'm right-footed, but that's the damaged one, so I favor it and clomp harder on the left on. I skate and Waterski goofy foot so It was easy to transition to planting the "wrong foot. I talked to a custom bookmaker about rebuilding my Sunday-go-to meeting snakeskins. He said the wear pattern is from me getting in and out of the car. You pivot on the pressure point getting out. Makes sense I since found a really nice replacement pair of the same boots, do I didn't bother to rebuild the old ones.

I've just used the last bit of the sole on the comfy boots, hence the project. They wouldn't be expensive new, and they should be easy to find. Bottom of the line Justin's. Found an exact match recently, a size too big, so I was going to go to a boot shop when it occured to me I could probably buy cobbling supplies online.

If these have some longevity, I may try it prophylactically on some boots that have plenty of wear left.

Yesterday I was on the Netflix and watched a show about the Mercury 13. 13 women that went through testing for the astronaut program. They were ultimately denied entry into the program because, even though they passed the tests they didn't meet the other requirements.

One of the requirements was that they have experience in jets. Which, of course, women were prohibited from flying jets at the time. Congressional hearings and everything about how the program was unnecessarily limited to men.

I thought to myself, "Johnny, these women didn't meet the requirements so end of story." Then I wondered why being a jet pilot was a requirement. I mean, until the space shuttle the astronauts didn't really fly anything. They sat in a chair and flicked switches.

In fact, our first astronauts were dogs and monkeys. How hard could it have been?

So I decided the Mercury 13 got hosed.

The mine had a really weird schedule that "ended" the monthly cycle on a payday Thursday where you were off for an entire week. Each payday Thursday was on the start of either three or seven off. Your "check" would deposit in your bank account Wednesday midnight. They decided an 8 billion dollars after tax profit company named our money one extra day and moved payday to Friday (Thursday midnight) while keeping the bizzare time off schedule. The point to the time off schedule was your 12 and a half hour shift blocks of four or three would straddle pay periods so that even though you always hit the overtime bucket for some of your hours you didn't end up with an entire day of overtime unless you actually worked overtime. Some bean counter earned his beans figuring all of that out.

When they change it you found yourself traveling from the middle of nowhere to wear it is that you went to have a life with no money for a day. You definitely needed to plan around what's in your ready cash account.

I once zeroed out my account getting gas. I just assumed the pump shut off at that point but what happened was I spent the very last penny in my account so my account was neither overdrawn nor did have a single penny in it. The software that my bank was using considers all zero doubt accounts closed. A few hours after I zero down my account about three grand drops into my account but I can't access it because it's sitting in a closed account. I spent the night sleeping on the couch by the fire in a four-star hotel. I expected to be rousted at some point, but no one said boo.

Yesterday I was on the Netflix and watched a show about the Mercury 13. 13 women that went through testing for the astronaut program. They were ultimately denied entry into the program because, even though they passed the tests they didn't meet the other requirements.

One of the requirements was that they have experience in jets. Which, of course, women were prohibited from flying jets at the time. Congressional hearings and everything about how the program was unnecessarily limited to men.

I thought to myself, "Johnny, these women didn't meet the requirements so end of story." Then I wondered why being a jet pilot was a requirement. I mean, until the space shuttle the astronauts didn't really fly anything. They sat in a chair and flicked switches.

In fact, our first astronauts were dogs and monkeys. How hard could it have been?

I met a guy that grew 7 in while he was going to the air Force Academy. He was going to be drive jets and not only was he too tall it was all leg which put his knees under the dash which meant he couldn't be any kind of pilot. He went into civil engineering for the Air Force.

The Air Force prefers pilots in a specific height range because there's no reason to be a large individual flying a jet and smaller pilots mean smaller planes and they cost less to build and have more room for avionics. My Dad was only 5' 10" and maybe 145 when he went in.

Driving those big mining trucks it's all fly by wire and some of our better drivers were country girls that grew up driving dad's (or mom's) pick-me-up trucks. It doesn't take a lot of brute strength to fling those big trucks around it just takes a lot of stamina to keep encouraging it where you want it to be on the road or the dump as that wheel kicks around in your hands. I tore my shoulder on a kick-back, but that would have happened to anyone, no amount of muscle is holding 300 tons from doing what it wants.

I would think women astronauts would have been a good choice from a weight standpoint. Power to weight ratios would be lower but they're not needing brute force. You need epacial reasoning and an analytical skill set but there are plenty of women on that part of the bell curve you could select from.

Its marginally possible that the high-speed three-dimensional experience that flying jets would give you helps orient you in space, but I think that's more a gifted thing than a learned thing. As a child I was selected based on spavial reasoning ability and they had us do exercises to develop that further, but I never noticed any particular difference. I could do what I could do before or after the exercises.

Catching up on the previous iteration of TSCLT, I'm concerned some of you will have problems when the zombies start wilding. Too many calibers to sort through for rapid reloading.

As I see it - you need a couple of 6.5 creedmoor sticks with several thousand handy rounds for reaching out to the perimeter. Then a few 5.56's for inside the wire work. And perhaps some strategically staged 12-gauges around the house with 00.

Mr. Savage has an eye for logistics.

Why not an MP5 in 9mm and same for a p92 for inside the wire?

I've never actually seen one in person much less fired one but I'm pretty sure that there's a select fire option on that. Barrel is a little short, but I think it's intended to be aimed, not just used to keep the zombies heads down, all though I'm sure it us excellent at placing a lot of lead in the air.

I'd be interested to hear BotanyBoy's take on addressing Johnny's point on ammo choices.

There's another school of thought that it's useful to match the other guys ammo so you can "borrow" as needed. That depends on who the other guys are, I would think.

I got the idea from somewhere that lots of PDs use .40 or 9mm. Finally got around to asking Lt. Conager. He carries a Glock (21?) In .45 ACP. Side note, his department forbids reloads.

Last edited:
You damn sure want to be able to borrow as needed, so use what's popular. I made that point once over lunch and had a boy argue his heart out about why the .270 is such a great round. Wat's question: how many militaries and polices use it? And there were crickets. The only place to get it in the wild would be robbing guns stores or hunters, either of which could make for a short bad day.

I think that all y'alls wire is too close. Got a couple of magnums, half a dozen US thirties, three .223s, five combloc thirties - bolt and semi-auto - and three 12 gauges. There also be 2 in .45, 2 in 9mm, a 10mm and a .40. Mostly, Wat could use a spare pair of hands shooting and another 3-4 to reload. Oh, and there's that old WWII Mauser dated 1939. If it could talk . . . .

It seems that Chesty and the boys were having a bad night on the 'Canal - Nips in the wire and inside it. They set down their rifles and machine guns and used their 1911s, Thompsons, and grease guns (if they had any). They managed to hold their positions.

Not a .270 in the mix . . . .

10033137332eba7f658851fe7cb27d4c.jpg

july-25-3rd.jpg

lusciousnet_sexy_friends_7871259.jpg

Every long gun I have is chambered in a cartridge that can be resized from either 06 brass, 5.56 or 7.62 save the WinMag for which I am stockpiling brass as fast as I can. Now that the Army has switched to 300 WM for their sniper rifles once fired military brass should start coming available there. Hell, 300 WM is cheaper to buy as a loaded cartridge now from the manufacturer that has the military contract than most common hunting rounds. 06 is starting to get scare now but I'm sitting on a shit pot full of brass that I picked up as military surplus some years ago.

I almost have all of my chile put away. Maybe another half-hour to go. This years crop isn't quite as good as last years but it's still damn good. Once I get it put away I'm going to be cooking myself up a batch of chile rellenos for dinner.

Chile rellenos sounds good. New batch of jerky in the dehydrator. I was going to have the butcher slice it but he was on brea, so I used my home version. It works better this time because I sharpened the rotating blade with my new set of diamond files that. The blades got a bit of a wobble though and doesn't do a great job. This time I used molasses instead of brown sugar..

Grandad, who was born in 1897, used to have this elixir that he mixed up every morning that was supposed to promote health and longevity. The only two ingredients that I remember in it were molasses and brewers yeast. Tasted awful. It probably killed him.

Used my 7" grinder on the edges of my boot soles once it was late enough to not wake the neighbors. Worked well.

I finally have nothing enroute from Amazon and can't think of a single thing I need.

Last edited:
Did you leave some tracks somewhere you shouldn't have been and wanted to destroy the evidence? :D

Home with cat. Grazing in. It's always nice coming home to wee boxes of ammo on the front porch. This UPS guy/girl actually followed directions and put it in the crate as directed on the shipping label. You'd be surprised how few times that happens.

It's like telling Litsters what to do.

I took a chunk of skin off the edge of my thumb on the new mag. No matter, the first on is in and it's cocked-n-locked. The little loading gizmo is necessary on these stiff-sprung fuckers. And they're steel boxes, too.

I wanna cap something . . . .

0ba653d06908c7704088c44669e41c19.jpg

XRHPISSDFVGEVH5KEZHIEMM6CQ.jpg

lusciousnet_sexy_pose_1515349449.jpg

I have one of those LULA thingies on my list but just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet. <shrug>

I think of stuff sometimes and then forget when I'm sitting at the computer.

I just had a guy call me and ask for help. In his way. He wanted to vent, so we went over what he had fixated on. Fear of the future ass-rapes every second of my life until The Dreaded Event occurs.

In some manner which I hadn't considered.

Allah always has a better idea . . . .

fc418f08fd15bbf861229343ff4bd67f.jpg

lusciousnet_janine_leech_540448117.1024x0.jpg

It's not easy being drunk all the time.

Everyone would do it if it were easy . . . .

lusciousnet_nice_tan_966780765.jpg

Chile rellenos sounds good. New batch of jerky in the dehydrator. I was going to have the butcher slice it but he was on brea, so I used my home version. It works better this time because I sharpened the rotating blade with my new set of diamond files that. The blades got a bit of a wobble though and doesn't do a great job. This time I used molasses instead of brown sugar..

As long as they are real Chile rellenos, not that scrambled eggs or omelet with caned Ortega peppers mixed in.

What most people do not realize is that those early launches were not
about putting anything in space bigger than a nuclear weapon.

Everything else was ancillary...

Fuzzy dice on a low-ridder.

Back