TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

Avoid the Mosin, unless someone gives it to you. They're that ubiquitous. And shitty.

Stick with US made and avoid getting new calibers, even though I violate that sometimes.

Also, if they're ever a Rainy Decade, you'll be glad that you have US standard chamberings - like the military and LE use.

Off to torment the Sunday weasels, unless they fuck me like last week. :rolleyes:

tumblr_onl3cvXFzc1vcpvtjo1_1280.jpg

That is something I really should think about because wait is a concern for me as well.

A just really don't like plastic.

The old man thing reminded me that the small one said yesterday that I'm a middle-aged man work almost to seniorville. It turns out she has no idea how old I am exactly.

For her entire life I've been clean shaven until recently ...now I have gray to white hair and a beard and it suddenly occured to her that her old man is an actual, old man.

So a Sprimgfield might be nifty.

Saw a nice Mosin–Nagant 1893 in an antique store that I'd like. Looked like someone's WWII trophy.

Wouldn't mind a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch rifle. I like the wood furniture.

I used to have a deactivated Mosin-Nagant. The bayonet was scary.

What is it with you old guys and 700’s? LOL

They are pretty.

I woulda should coulda gotten one 3-4 years ago at a gun shop I was in with a friend picking up a gun. This on was a "63. Great furniture, great sling. Slightly shorter barrel.

So now it's on my mind cause shoulda.

Might be thinking of something else if I didn't have that particular one in mind.

My grandad had his WWI issue 03 Springfield. He sold it to his business partner when he got a new religion with my Grandmother. Not sure what exactly the one had to do with the other.

So a Sprimgfield might be nifty.

Saw a nice Mosin–Nagant 1893 in an antique store that I'd like. Looked like someone's WWII trophy.

Wouldn't mind a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch rifle. I like the wood furniture.

Mine isn't "pretty" at all. It has the M40 style stock.

The thing with the 700 is lock time. It has one of the fastest lock times of any commercially manufactured rifles.

I just like it in a form follows function sort of way. It just looks like everything is exactly where it should be, doing exactly what it should do.

I think you can hand it to someone who's never seen a rifle and doesn't know exactly what it does and they could figure it out

Many yrs ago, I bought an Arisaka at an estate auction. I bought it as a novelty for someone's WW2 memorabilia collection. I knew the man who had brought it back, and somehow he managed to bring back one with matching numbers all around and the chrysanthemum stamp intact.

Many yrs ago, I bought an Arisaka at an estate auction. I bought it as a novelty for someone's WW2 memorabilia collection. I knew the man who had brought it back, and somehow he managed to bring back one with matching numbers all around and the chrysanthemum stamp intact.

You mean nobody drilled a hole through the damned thing? LOL

Very rare indeed. I suspect he managed to bring it back before the surrender.

Is it a type 38?

He was an officer, so I always thought that might have had something to do with it being in the condition it was in.

I think it was a 99, but I don't remember exactly.

Still,it produced some brownie points for me

One of those girls looked a lot like an old girlfriend who was named after her grandfather. Who the hell does things like that to a kid? It's wet, but it's Sunday, a day I always devote to football. I do feel like a nap though, even though I just woke up. I'll decide after I finish this coffee.

I met a fella one time whose parents name him Little B. I wondered why someone would do that

He was an officer, so I always thought that might have had something to do with it being in the condition it was in.

I think it was a 99, but I don't remember exactly.

Still,it produced some brownie points for me

The 99's came in extreme variance in quality. From one of the best bolt guns produced to virtual junk by the end of the war.

My gunsmith has a type 38 that he converted to 6.5/257. It's a real shooter to this day.

I met a fella one time whose parents name him Little B. I wondered why someone would do that

One of my mother's cousins was a registrar of Births etc.

She tried persuading some parents that their choice of names was unfortunate and in some cases succeeded.

One father wanted his baby to have all the surnames of the cup-winners of his favourite football team - eleven plus the three substitutes. The baby was a girl. He compromised by giving her the middle name 'winner'.

Another set of parents had the surname She-He. They wanted to call their baby 'Pinkie'. It was a boy. But they couldn't be persuaded to change it.

I used to work with a gal whose aunt registered children for school. She shared some of the names her aunt had come across. Now, Miss D had an exceptional sense of humor, so hearing the stories were filled with laughter, and followed by a bunch of head shaking and "Why do people do that"s.

I used to work with a gal whose aunt registered children for school. She shared some of the names her aunt had come across. Now, Miss D had an exceptional sense of humor, so hearing the stories were filled with laughter, and followed by a bunch of head shaking and "Why do people do that"s.

My parents didn't think when they named my brother. His middle name was our grandfather's name - Charles but his first name was Roger giving the initials RC.

They were surprised when his school nickname was 'arsey'.

Back