TSCLT 11.0: The pantheon hates a pussy!!!

d6c0465c-4f0b-4776-aeee-e12f21521791.jpeg

So once again I cracked open the carburetor and started working my way back. I still want to rebuild it so I took some notes. Turns out I have a Bendix Stromberg WW. Some guy on eBay is selling 9 carburetor kits for various Stromberg one of which may or may not fit but since I'm not a major collector of Stromberg carburetors I figured I'd pass.

I convinced myself that it was the fuel pump which was making noise but wasn't pumping anything. I had an extra one laying around so I replaced it. Still nothing. Continuing back, there's no fuel coming out of the tank.

So I went consulted my fuel gauge which is a surveyor's stake. Pretty low so I added about one-and-a-half gallons. Still nothing coming out so I figure when I added fuel stabilizer it dissolved the varnish just enough to gunk up the tank.

Or, somebody stole the fuel out of my tank which is not out of the realm of the possible. I filled it up completely when I bought it operated it for an hour and a half when I drove it home and operated it may be another 20 minutes each on a couple of occasions. I started it up and warmed it up a couple of times so it's conceivable that I used up the petrol

Your thinking seems sound to me. For example, there was an anvil (hush) for sale a week ago. Guy said it ran but he thought the carb was fucked. My guess was either fuel pump or tank skank. But he took down the ad, so who knows what happened. But if the Big Fella ran okay when you had it going, I'd make sure I had enough fuel (think five gallons) and see what happens. My third choice would be a bit of crud in either the fuel line or the carb. If you have the carb off, get a can of carb cleaner and blow a bit in every orifice you see, even the ones that make no sense. Use safety glasses when you do, because that shit stings when you get it in your eyes.

Home. Grazing in, but one might call it "snacking." I cunt care less. It'll do for tonight's repast.

Damned glad that tomorrow is Friday. Got to buzz down to the job on Saturday with the trailer to score some leftovers. w000t!

ec47383a45f2016cac249d9bc723555d--curvy-bodies-curvy-women.jpg

I have an old chair which I would like to have recovered, but as long as I have cats, that will never happen. I did buy two very nice Egyptian cotton large towels awhile back, and whereas I don't like them as towels, they would make nice lap blankets. Or a quick cover for an old chair. They work like a charm for the latter, and I'm waiting to see when the old cat discovers it.

I found out about a warehouse of old cars awhile back, several months ago. The old guy died. I know, imagine that. Place is huge, packed, and a total clusterfuck. I wonder how big the rats are that run the place. Anyway, there's an anvil up there that I'd like for the simple fact that it appears to have two good front fenders. If you're curious to look:

https://www.collarcityauctionsonline.c ... let/List.do?auctionId=727

Yeah, I know . . . .

tumblr_pehkleeVVt1s44d0so1_1280.jpg

Happy Friday, and thanks be to Allah that it is.

Looks like it'll be a bit warmer today.

They may even try to place a bit of concrete, but I'll believe this when it happens.

I'm placing a bit of coffee . . . .

ba9025a97fefbab997a1488472c9e557.jpg

ca0811-113430_3.jpg

other-sheer-red-aG2kQ5.jpg

Another night of freezing temps.

Praise be to the gods and buddhas, allergy season is officially over.

I have some morning errands to take care of and then it's a good day for napping
in front of the boob tube. I have some catching up to do.

:)

As per usual for Fridays I'm off to see what the Feds have been up to then back to tinkering around here.

Con's blocked fuel line should be easy enough to noodle out. Unless he's doing a formal restoration I'd head to the U-Pullit yard and yank a newer tank with the plastic liner that would be suitable to bolt up.

Today marks my 58th trip around the sun.

Took the truck back to the shop yesterday. The problem was a bad O2 sensor - which they charged me for but "forgot" to install in the first place. They put the new one in for "free" and expected my gratitude.

Today marks my 58th trip around the sun.

Took the truck back to the shop yesterday. The problem was a bad O2 sensor - which they charged me for but "forgot" to install in the first place. They put the new one in for "free" and expected my gratitude.

Too many people expect extraordinary kudos just for doing a mediocre job.

However, Our Johnny did a bang-up good damn job of drawing breath for this long, so kudoes are his.

I have decided that being a Major Collector allows me a bit of latitude (or attitude, or both - or just changes in each) in looking at anvils. There's a big sedan Up There and it (appears to) has excellent long front fenders. I need two. Plus, being a big one, it has the Highly Desirable large anvil engine. I'll take it if'n I can all but steal it.

Besides, I haven't been Up There in awhile.

The other FNG rolled in today, so we have two. Night and Day.

medium_1947_packard_super_club_clipper_3311cb07ea.jpg

tumblr_pehkr3XPK21s44d0so1_1280.jpg

Good visit with the Friday night gang. Good supper. Full of pasta, and it's brisk out there on the bike.

Done . . . .

https://cdn5-images.***************.com/images/900CE96.jpg

Hope Johnny's birthday was fantabulous.

Back to working with a Vengeance so no time to deal with the truck so I figured I'd strap the mid-century modern dresser that I bought the other night on top of the Prius but lo and behold it fit inside. Which gave me an idea about temporary storage. When I got home I just went back to back with two Priusi and shoved the dresser in an unused Prius.

Back