Votes: 10 17.5%
  • one Dom/me but I don\'t mind sharing

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • a switch for play

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a switch for life

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I want love and acceptance for who I am....possibly who I can become with guidance. I will find it one day, I'm sure

P. B. Walker said:

Good post cellis... thanks for sharing your experiences. It really kinda jived with what I thought about switches. I maybe out in left field here.. but it's almost like switches do not go well together. They usually want a dom or a sub... depending their mood, but nobody that would fulfill both moods. Course.. this is a generalization... so of course there will be exceptions to the rule. Plus I'm thinking mainly of people that are not already in a commited monogamous relationship (because if a switch is in that relationship, then it would be obvious they have found someone they can be both sub and dom with... otherwise they are in a relationship that does not fulfill all their needs, in which case it is a doomed relationship or they are denying a big part of themselves). Anyhoo... enough rambling.

PBW
Being a switch allegedly makes it easy, because you can be satisfied with so many variations.

In reality, it's not so easy--at least, not if you really want and need both sides of the power exchange.

I'm a bimaso switch, married to a hetsado switch. It works as well as any long-term switch relationship I've seen. I can' speak for anyone else.

But, no, I don't need different people for different sides of the coin. I'm all about the moment...and the relationship's building of trust and flexibility.

RisiaSkye said:

Being a switch allegedly makes it easy, because you can be satisfied with so many variations.

In reality, it's not so easy--at least, not if you really want and need both sides of the power exchange.

I'm a bimaso switch, married to a hetsado switch. It works as well as any long-term switch relationship I've seen. I can' speak for anyone else.

But, no, I don't need different people for different sides of the coin. I'm all about the moment...and the relationship's building of trust and flexibility.

Mmm I always thought you were more the dominating one Risia... but you like the pain and he likes to get the pain. Right? Wow. You are right... begin switch definitely doesn't make it any easier. Seems to me, it can make it twice as difficult becuase you have more needs and desires.

PBW

My switch identity is such that I don't change off based on mood, but follow more long term trends. I alternate between overall dom or sub modes in phases, often lasting for years. While I am in one mode, I can play within the other and have a great time, but my relationships during that phase will be entirely based in the current mode.
Different strokes for different folks, in more ways than one.

P. B. Walker said:

Mmm I always thought you were more the dominating one Risia... but you like the pain and he likes to get the pain. Right? Wow. You are right... begin switch definitely doesn't make it any easier. Seems to me, it can make it twice as difficult becuase you have more needs and desires.

PBW
He does not like to receive pain. That's why it's effective punishment. I'm the masochist--pain is innefective as behavior modification in me, at least safe levels of pain. He's a sadist--he likes to inflict pain. He gets off on the control of it.

And, no. I'm not the "more dominating one." While I have strongly domme desires, it's more like 40% of the time that I'm actually dominant. People are so rarely what they seem.

I'm also "white trash," a survivor of multiple trailer parks and more than one bout of homelessness. Have I mentioned that before? I saw the nasty comments about "white trash" on another thread, which my name got pulled into. Interesting, isn't it, the judgements we're willing to make about who's valuable and who's garbage--or "trash?"

Judgements around here all go hand in hand with that feeling that we've "got someone's number" because of the words they've put out there in the 'net. They're not particularly accurate, in my experience.

Last edited:
RisiaSkye said:
He does not like to receive pain. That's why it's effective punishment. I'm the masochist--pain is innefective as behavior modification in me, at least safe levels of pain. He's a sadist--he likes to inflict pain. He gets off on the control of it.

Sorry I get confused sometimes when I see people listing categories. I see masochist and think "enjoy pain" and think submissive behavior. But it makes sense to use pain as a form of punishment or discipline for a sadist, as long as it is not a hard limit for them. Which it's not in your situation.

And, no. I'm not the "more dominating one." While I have strongly domme desires, it's more like 40% of the time that I'm actually dominant. People are so rarely what they seem.

It's probably because I took a break from here for a while... and for probably 90% of your posts that I have read, you have been in the Dom role. So, to me it appeared that you were more domming. :)

I'm also "white trash," a survivor of multiple trailer parks and more than one bout of homelessness. Have I mentioned that before? I saw the nasty comments about "white trash" on another thread, which my name got pulled into. Interesting, isn't it, the judgements we're willing to make about who's valuable and who's garbage--or "trash?"

Judgements around here all go hand in hand with that feeling that we've "got someone's number" because of the words they've put out there in the 'net. They're not particularly accurate, in my experience.

I really feel this was blown out of proportion. I didn't not call her white trash, nor did I make a judgement about her. Or you for that matter, aside from saying that I thought you were one of the most well-spoken and coherent posters on this site. I also did not say I had her number. What I did say was that I felt her posts was spoke like white trash. That is to say, that one post was spoke "like" that. I didn't call her white trash at all. Her and everyone else assumed that. And then they dragged you into it. I don't think you should have been dragged into it at all. But again, that isn't my fault.

I do agree with your statements however. Which is why I didn't call her white trash.

Anyhoo...

PBW

How bout a liitle fire scarecrow?

I'm stealing from Rose again (you're still cracking me up).

Anyway, another line from "The Wizard of OZ".

I think the line goes something like this:

"Everything you always wanted is right at your feet"

Damn, why does everyday living have to keep trying to get in the way of my happiness?

I'll get you my pretty PlayDoe, and your little dog, too.

PlayDoe, you got me as a fan.

:heart:

Chuckles

Rose, I thought you'd especially find that quote appropriate (considering your AVs)! Do you have any ruby slippers? Oops, is that AV already taken?

Back