What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

Yes, it’s soo juicy and fresh!

We have pita with tuna, cucumber, cabbage and mint yoghurt planned for later this week.

Youngest Miss Althea made breakfast for me, because Mr Althea had work.
View attachment 2350761
It’s baked yoghurt.

Tonight we are visiting the greek restaurant with my parents, mother in law and kids and siblings.
That looks yum! I’ve been meaning to try baked yoghurt myself as well, but so far haven’t. Maybe next weekend if it’s not too warm for baking! Do you think Miss Althea might share her recipe and other tips? ☺️

Ooh, enjoy the restaurant!

That looks yum! I’ve been meaning to try baked yoghurt myself as well, but so far haven’t. Maybe next weekend if it’s not too warm for baking! Do you think Miss Althea might share her recipe and other tips? ☺️

Ooh, enjoy the restaurant!
I asked:

4 eggs
250g turkish yoghurt 10%
1 tsp cornstarch
3 tsp honey
Berries or fruit.

It wasn’t sweet at all though, so if you want sweet you could use more honey or other sweetener.

160°C was what the recipe called for but she turned it up to 180° after a while because patience does not run in our side of the family. Took about 30 min to set, but watch it because I find our oven a bit weird at time.

It was nice at the restaurant. It was the one where we had lunch before you left.

I asked:

4 eggs
250g turkish yoghurt 10%
1 tsp cornstarch
3 tsp honey
Berries or fruit.

It wasn’t sweet at all though, so if you want sweet you could use more honey or other sweetener.

160°C was what the recipe called for but she turned it up to 180° after a while because patience does not run in our side of the family. Took about 30 min to set, but watch it because I find our oven a bit weird at time.
Thank you! The weather doesn’t look great for using the oven, but I’ll file this under things to try!
It was nice at the restaurant. It was the one where we had lunch before you left.
I thought that might have been the place! It was so cozy and tasty. ☺️

I’m so happy with what looks well planned, if you don’t know me that well.
IMG_3033.jpegIMG_3036.jpeg
The pita with tuna, mint yoghurt, cucumber and cabbage provided leftovers and I got to have pita with sliced turkey breast provencale and a yoghurt with leftover shredded cheese, cucumber and orange bell pepper.
Yum!

When things go really sideways but still kind of turn out great:

IMG_3299.jpeg
IMG_3318.jpeg

I was going to make a really big raspberry and white chocholate cream cake but didn’t consider what the added weight would do, so there was a big mudslide.

I put it in a big bowl and called it Carlotte Russe and served it decorated as portions instead.
Very yummy!

View attachment 2356902
View attachment 2356903

I was going to make a really big raspberry and white chocholate cream cake but didn’t consider what the added weight would do, so there was a big mudslide.

I put it in a big bowl and called it Carlotte Russe and served it decorated as portions instead.
Very yummy!

That looks amazing!

View attachment 2356902
View attachment 2356903

Very yummy!
Looks delicious

View attachment 2356902
View attachment 2356903

Very yummy!
BTDT! It’s really tricky to get a tall cake to stand in place, especially if you don’t (want to) use the plastic tubes that you jam inside the cake to help it stay put.

It does look and sound very tasty, though. I’d eat it happily. I love the little flag decorations. ☺️

BTDT! It’s really tricky to get a tall cake to stand in place, especially if you don’t (want to) use the plastic tubes that you jam inside the cake to help it stay put.

It does look and sound very tasty, though. I’d eat it happily. I love the little flag decorations. ☺️
It’s the season for the little flag decorations. 😀
It was the chocholate cream from this recipe:
https://recipesofholly.com/white-chocolate-almond-raspberry-cake/2/
I very much underestimated the need for powderwd sugar for stability, but it would have been way too sweet with the full amount.
I will use the cream as was again but if I were to use it for cake, I’d tweek it for stability without added sweetness or make it one layer in a sheet pan. Or throw it in a bowl again.

Yummy leftovers for lunch:
IMG_3339.jpeg

I haven’t been on this thread in a long time. But it’s making me hungry!

You are all amazing cooks and bakers (and your kids too!)

I made an omelet with caramelized onion for lunch and had it with tomato salad that I seasoned with olive herb and zingy balsamic. It hit my current food needs so perfectly. Now, if I only had some ice cream for dessert…

And a fishy taco situation for dinner. Still no ice cream, though.

Attachments

• IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    414.4 KB · Views: 3
Yummiest late lunch out yesterday - pickled beets and carrots, greens, hummus, dried cranberries and mustard dressing and honey roasted nuts:
IMG_3363.jpeg
Equally yummy dinner at home yesterday:
IMG_3365.jpeg
Lunch at home, inspired by yesterdays restaurant lunch - beets, goat cheese and honey roasted nuts:
IMG_3373.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3372.jpeg
    IMG_3372.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 0
Four layers it was.

Rhubarb jam, white chocolate ganache, quark-whipped cream mixture and sliced strawberries in each of the layer. Whipped cream and strawberries on top. The sponge was drizzled/bathed with rhubarb juice Will do piping on the sides later on, before the cake is served.

I will also clean the plate and pray to all deities that the cake won’t collapse like on the two previous midsummers. I guess if it does collapse again, I’ve officially created a new midsummer tradition. 😁

Happy midsummer! ☀️🥂🌻

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpeg
    IMG_2036.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2037.jpeg
    IMG_2037.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 3
Oh, that looks great!
I filled mine with mascarpone and cream flavoured with Triple Sec and strawberries and decorated with with mascarpone and cream and more strawberries.

It was a great midsummer, all guest but the one who will sleep over just left.
Hope you had a great time too!

Midsummer breakfast:
IMG_3381.jpeg

I love all the food posts in this thread, but the dessert ones are undoubtedly the best ones!

The cake didn’t collapse, so no new tradition. It was one of the better cakes I’ve made, I think, but I forgot to take pics of the finished cake.

I kept the rhubarb really tart and it was very tasty with the white chocolate and cream.

All in all a very lovely midsummer. Sauna, sunny weather, chilling in the backyard, good food and drinks, then we went to a midsummer dance which was lots of fun.

The city is almost eerily quiet, I think we are the only people in this building. No cars in the parking lot, haven’t seen or heard anybody in the stairwell either, no lights in windows in our building or the neighboring building.

Midsummer in the city is…something else. 😁

The cake didn’t collapse, so no new tradition. It was one of the better cakes I’ve made, I think, but I forgot to take pics of the finished cake.

I kept the rhubarb really tart and it was very tasty with the white chocolate and cream.

All in all a very lovely midsummer. Sauna, sunny weather, chilling in the backyard, good food and drinks, then we went to a midsummer dance which was lots of fun.

The city is almost eerily quiet, I think we are the only people in this building. No cars in the parking lot, haven’t seen or heard anybody in the stairwell either, no lights in windows in our building or the neighboring building.

Midsummer in the city is…something else. 😁
Towns do get very quiet at midsummer.

We had a picnic late lunch at a midsummer celebration and then a midsummer dinner at our place.
We thought the kids would celebrate with friends but several of their friends had taken extra work shifts because of the extra money involved so there were extra leftover kids instead and an extra couple of grown up friends too.

Back