What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

I didn’t take a pic, but it really wasn’t anything special. A bit of pasta cooking water, olive oil and horseradish was basically the sauce part, shallots, garlic and fennel sliced and sauteed, cubed salmon cooked in the pan and finally spaghetti added to the pan as well.

It was very good for an improvised lunch. ☺️

I didn’t take a pic, but it really wasn’t anything special. A bit of pasta cooking water, olive oil and horseradish was basically the sauce part, shallots, garlic and fennel sliced and sauteed, cubed salmon cooked in the pan and finally spaghetti added to the pan as well.

It was very good for an improvised lunch. ☺️
Sounds yummy!
I'm going to make a stir fry tonight.... It's just what we have.

Spaghetti with chanterelles, black trumpets, wood hedgehogs, onion and garlic.

Yesterday was pikeperch with black trumpets, porcini and zucchini.

The day before that was yellow swamp brittlegill, porcini and zucchini on toast.

‘Tis the mushroom season. 🩷

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 3
Today’s mushroom dish was pizza.

At this rate of consuming mushrooms, I’ll probably be glowing in the dark by Christmas from all the cesium I get from the mushrooms.

Thanks, Chernobyl!

Attachments

• IMG_2929.jpeg
    IMG_2929.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 1
My summer vacation ends next week and then I won’t have as much time to go look for mushrooms to eat. *sob sob*

I gotta make the most of this week!
Sorry to hear that your vacation is ending, but happy hunting in the coming week!

J is making me filled crepes for breakfast because I’m still sad that I got stood up yesterday.

Chanterelles, sour cream, chives and pickled red onion as the savory filling, bilberry, lemon and white chocolate as the sweet filling. 🩷

I was supposed to cook the spaghetti squad but somehow I ended up making this instead. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Pre and post oven.

Attachments

• IMG_3016.jpeg
    IMG_3016.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 2
Fish tacos for lunch, bean stew and spaghetti squash for dinner and tomorrow’s lunch. Chanterelles and red lentil sprouts over toast for an afternoon snack.

It was really, really good!

I had a wonderful dish in Binz this summer, called Vitello Tonnato 2.0. It was grilled tuna with veal tartare and a lemon and capers mayo.
When I saw tuna steak in the shop, it kind of sneaked into the cart and then it developed into this as Mr Althea and I talked about it.

The reason he got the deep fryer, was because I had deep fried rye bread in Denmark and he said he could easily make that at home, if he only had that deep fryer he had been looking at…

It was really, really good!

I had a wonderful dish in Binz this summer, called Vitello Tonnato 2.0. It was grilled tuna with veal tartare and a lemon and capers mayo.
When I saw tuna steak in the shop, it kind of sneaked into the cart and then it developed into this as Mr Althea and I talked about it.

The reason he got the deep fryer, was because I had deep fried rye bread in Denmark and he said he could easily make that at home, if he only had that deep fryer he had been looking at…
Haha, can completely imagine that conversation taking place. 😂

I just saw a police horse earlier this evening (the reverse Pippi horse) and thought of you, so it was nice to see you posting here again after a while.

Haha, can completely imagine that conversation taking place. 😂

I just saw a police horse earlier this evening (the reverse Pippi horse) and thought of you, so it was nice to see you posting here again after a while.
Our police horses are moving from where they have been before by the race track.
Don’t know yet, where they will be now.

Youngest Miss Althea didn’t get conscripted, so no military horses in the future either.
I’ll have to come visit reverse Pippi!

Back