What's cookin', good lookin'? Part II

Steamed baby potatoes and carrots with sage-butter sauce, perch fillets, tomato salad, pangrattato.

I had to look up midsummer...Wikipedia: festivals, bonfires, feasting, singing, Maypole dancing. Fucking is conspicuously absent. :(

Yesterdays lamb and feta cheese soup:
IMG_3472.jpeg

Turned into lamb fricassee today:
IMG_3475.jpeg
Yes, that should be dill, but you can’t always get what you want, as the great poets sang.

I didn’t cook this myself, but I sure will!

Grilled veggies, hummus, feta, toasted chickpeas. Oh drool, just thinking about it makes me hungry again.

Attachments

• IMG_2151.jpeg
    IMG_2151.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 2
IMG_3560.jpeg
Fried peaches, that I also poured some Kirschwasser on and set on fire because I am a bit of a pyromaniac, served with on turkish yoghurt with mozzarella, bresaola and salami.

I’ve had a jar of grilled eggplant slices for a long time and I’ve wondered what to use them in.

I used them to make nigvziani badrijani, Georgian walnut filled eggplant rolls and they were so amazingly good. Been a long time since I’ve cooked anything Georgian, but Georgia is definitely back on my cooking agenda now. 🤤🤤🤤

I’ve had a jar of grilled eggplant slices for a long time and I’ve wondered what to use them in.

I used them to make nigvziani badrijani, Georgian walnut filled eggplant rolls and they were so amazingly good. Been a long time since I’ve cooked anything Georgian, but Georgia is definitely back on my cooking agenda now. 🤤🤤🤤
You make things I've never even heard of; these sound wonderful.

You make things I've never even heard of; these sound wonderful.
I’ve found lots of new foods and even more inspiration on this thread as well. I’m really happy this has been going on for as long as it has. ☺️

I’ve found lots of new foods and even more inspiration on this thread as well. I’m really happy this has been going on for as long as it has. ☺️
🤣 Great! Now I've got another fantasy on my bucket list.... dropping by your place at suppertime! 😂

Haha, well I've successfully cooked for/with three Litsters and no deaths or food poisonings so far. ;)
Oh, I'm certain! Just the fraction of the thread I perused this morning, will DEFINITELY have me delving into it deeply! I'm a natural born foodie and obviously, you are as well... Kudos and Hat-Tip to ya Ma'am!

Red currant quark tart is tarting away in the oven.

I’m also experimenting with a drink made with the red currant leaves. It’s normally made with black currant leaves, but as I only have red currant leaves at hand, I decided to try this out. I’ve never used red before.

It’ll brew overnight, so I’ll find out tomorrow if it’s good or not.

Red currant quark tart is tarting away in the oven.

I’m also experimenting with a drink made with the red currant leaves. It’s normally made with black currant leaves, but as I only have red currant leaves at hand, I decided to try this out. I’ve never used red before.

We have so many beautiful tomatoes coming off, I'm going to dig through our soup recipes... I'm thinking of some tomato bisque or something similar, but am wide open to suggestions...
I would LOVE to get to play with currants!

It’s done brewing now. It’s not as tasty as with black currant leaves but still good! I’m glad I tried making it, because I can get my hands on lots of red currant leaves. ☺️

Dinner was quick and simple. Broccoli and chicken with rice, and some of the red currant leaf beverage I made.

Attachments

• IMG_2826.jpeg
    IMG_2826.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 5
Back