Where are the New England Peeps?

Dude what?
And I was just relaying a bit of RI news.

Additionally, I knew the person who was killed, so it hit a little close to home. It was a tragedy that didn't have to happen.
I just thought it was uncool to talk about that right in the middle of people all happy about their clamcake orders. I thought it put a damper on things.

Don’t mind me. I’m sorry for your loss. It’s a real shame.

Just catching up:

Favorite ice cream is and will always be Brigham’s chocolate.

Favorite ice cream stands are Brown’s (now called Dunne’s) in York, ME. There are a few others but Brown’s has always stood out since I was a kid.

Favorite beaches….Wingaersheek in Gloucester, MA. Long Sands in York, ME. Love waking up in the Anchorage Inn and running across the street to jump in the ocean at 6:00 AM.
Long Sands is great. Also Perkins Cove in Ogunquit.

So New Englanders, what is your all time favorite movie? I love older movies and I’d have to say The Hustler with Paul Newman is mine. Watched it for the first time with my Grandfather when I was a kid. He was an old time pool shooter and also loved this movie.
Mine would have to be, 'The Conjuring' as it was based on real events. Not usually a fan of horror to be honest but this one really got to me. What cannot be easily explained can be rather interesting. Alas, if only my mind would shut down and let me stop trying to make sense of everything all the time.

So New Englanders, what is your all time favorite movie? I love older movies and I’d have to say The Hustler with Paul Newman is mine. Watched it for the first time with my Grandfather when I was a kid. He was an old time pool shooter and also loved this movie.
Bladerunner.

If you go to Perkins Cove, you have to walk Marginal Way….it’s 1-1/4 miles of beauty.
Unless there's a 2nd Marginal Way, that's up in Portland. 45 min to an hr drive north from Ogunquit. Portland is an amazing city and worth the trip if you have the time

Then there must be two because I’ve walked Marginal Way in Ogunquit every year since I was about 10 years old
there is a marginal way in Ogunquit that runs from Perkins Cove to Ogunquit beach. I have walked it many times

I stand corrected. Thanks. Never spent much time below Portland other than driving by coming back or going on vacation. Maine is a great place to live, visit, or play whether indoors or out

Hi, everyone. I'm from California and I live in the Mid-Atlantic, but my family (half of it, anyway) is from Rhode Island, so I drink coffee milk, put vinegar on my fries, and occasionally drop my "r"s for effect. I haven't (yet) read every post, but I wanted to offer a few observations, if I might be so bold:

I think some states should be divided into the NE and Non-NE portions (e.g. CT and NY), just like New Jersey should be half NY and half Philadelphia.

Also, there's a third clam chowder: clam broth from George's on Pt. Judith.

Fight me :).

Hi, everyone. I'm from California and I live in the Mid-Atlantic, but my family (half of it, anyway) is from Rhode Island, so I drink coffee milk, put vinegar on my fries, and occasionally drop my "r"s for effect. I haven't (yet) read every post, but I wanted to offer a few observations, if I might be so bold:

I think some states should be divided into the NE and Non-NE portions (e.g. CT and NY), just like New Jersey should be half NY and half Philadelphia.

Also, there's a third clam chowder: clam broth from George's on Pt. Judith.

Fight me :).
Welcome @quasimodm !!

However there is only one clam chowdah (NE). The others are clam soup😁

Back