Where are the New England Peeps?

Wow! That was a few years ago…i enjoyed my time over there. The people I met were really nice. I ate some rather interesting food too.

Wow! That was a few years ago…i enjoyed my time over there. The people I met were really nice. I ate some rather interesting food too.
Yeah, it was a really good trip, with some really good and some really interesting food 😂 I think it’s because of that trip that I finally stopped being a picky eater.

Yeah, it was a really good trip, with some really good and some really interesting food 😂 I think it’s because of that trip that I finally stopped being a picky eater.
I hear you there! I just couldn’t eat some of the stuff (like cooked cicadas), but for the vast majority I at least tried the dishes. I did use to hit McDonalds about halfway through each trip for a taste of home!

Ok, time for another kick in the pants:

What bars/clubs did all of you hang out at after you hit drinking age?

I’ll go first: My favorites were Copperfield’s near Fenway, and Great Scott in Allston.

Don't look at me I don't do bars, except the Burren in Davis Sq. and that's strictly for the music.

Ok, time for another kick in the pants:

What bars/clubs did all of you hang out at after you hit drinking age?

I’ll go first: My favorites were Copperfield’s near Fenway, and Great Scott in Allston.
Probably the places I hung out the most were Grendel's Den, Charlie's, & Shay's in Harvard Square.

And the Burren

@Deadbed1968 Sorry, I was young and dumb while in uniform back in the 80's. Various Rod and Gun clubs. Interestingly enough while at APG, MD the lady bartender was from Scarborough (Maine). I spent way too much pay on weekends there, she was a looker. Good for business I suppose. Cheers 🍻

@Deadbed1968 Sorry, I was young and dumb while in uniform back in the 80's. Various Rod and Gun clubs. Interestingly enough while at APG, MD the lady bartender was from Scarborough (Maine). I spent way too much pay on weekends there, she was a looker. Good for business I suppose. Cheers 🍻
My dad was Air Force during Korea, and he did the exact same thing!!!

I didn’t move here until I was in my late 20s. So my bar hopping days were past.

Back