Where are the New England Peeps?

Ok, time for another kick in the pants:

What bars/clubs did all of you hang out at after you hit drinking age?

I’ll go first: My favorites were Copperfield’s near Fenway, and Great Scott in Allston.
I’ve been thinking about this and reminiscing… two other places I used to go to all the time for dancing are now gone: Axis on Landsdowne St had a great 80’s night every Saturday back in the early 00’s. And Johnny D’s in Davis Sq. had salsa every Sunday night.

The places I listed were mostly from my late 20’s, early 30’s but not from bar hopping. Just hanging out with friends or listening to music. Doesn’t have to be a wild, crazy night! 😂
I get that. (y)

I’ve always been sort of a homebody. I love going out to eat, and most of those places have bars, but I’ve seldom ever “gone to bars” for anything.

I’ve been thinking about this and reminiscing… two other places I used to go to all the time for dancing are now gone: Axis on Landsdowne St had a great 80’s night every Saturday back in the early 00’s. And Johnny D’s in Davis Sq. had salsa every Sunday night.
Axis was a blast! I only got there a couple of times (then hit Bills Bar after) , but both times were off the hook!

Axis was a blast! I only got there a couple of times (then hit Bills Bar after) , but both times were off the hook!
The Liquor Store was an awesome club/bar. They had a mechanical bull. Idk if it’s still around anymore. And I have no clue what part of Boston it was in

The Liquor Store was an awesome club/bar. They had a mechanical bull. Idk if it’s still around anymore. And I have no clue what part of Boston it was in
Oh I forgot about that place! I think it was near Emerson College, right by the Common, though it’s gone now.

Oh I forgot about that place! I think it was near Emerson College, right by the Common, though it’s gone now.
I never even heard of that place! There was another club over that way, a high end place, that was very popular, but not something I was interested in.

This watch needs to be purchased by someone here. It’s the kind of thing that needs to be worn to a hot night out at Encore, or maybe to a wedding in Revere.
In Revere, that could be a gift from the bride and groom to their wedding party… the women too!

In Revere, that could be a gift from the bride and groom to their wedding party… the women too!
Not at that price.

Each purchase of a watch like that would account for about 5% of the GDP of Revere. There’s only so much stress that economy can stand.

Ok, time for another kick in the pants:

What bars/clubs did all of you hang out at after you hit drinking age?

I’ll go first: My favorites were Copperfield’s near Fenway, and Great Scott in Allston.
I went to Johnny D’s a few times on blues nights, but in central MA, it was mainly the Mohawk Club in Shirley. They had some good, bigger name bands in their day.

I played Sandy’s in Beverly a few times. It was a jazz club.

Good morning to all of you who get up earlier than I do.
Its great to have the rain, but an hour or two break would be nice.

Back