Where are the New England Peeps?

I’ve never been to Infinity Music Hall, but have heard good things.

I still like The Orpheum. Small venue, good acoustics and sight lines. The outdoor amphitheaters are all pretty much the same, with the exception of Red Rocks in Colorado, which is a bucket list venue.
The Orpheum is mostly great, except it’s hard to dance!

Has anyone been to the Sinclair in Harvard Sq?

The Orpheum is mostly great, except it’s hard to dance!

Has anyone been to the Sinclair in Harvard Sq?
I’ve never been, Cheeky. Is that the place that has a pub as well?

I’d seen a few shows at Jonathan Swift’s in Harvard Sq. in the mid ‘80’s.

I’ve never been, Cheeky. Is that the place that has a pub as well?

I’d seen a few shows at Jonathan Swift’s in Harvard Sq. in the mid ‘80’s.
Sorry to say, I don’t think that’s there anymore! At least, I’ve never heard of it & I lived in Harvard Sq for several years in the early 2000s.

I think the Sinclair is also a restaurant? I’m not sure.

Sounds like he’d enjoy being a member of Lit. So much more than Cream. Lol
Its not so easy to come up with double entendres for any of the other groups.
Yardbirds?
Bluesbreakers? There are some ball breakers on here, but that's different.
Blind Faith? Most Litizens are a bit cynical.

Its been
I’ve never been to Infinity Music Hall, but have heard good things.

I still like The Orpheum. Small venue, good acoustics and sight lines. The outdoor amphitheaters are all pretty much the same, with the exception of Red Rocks in Colorado, which is a bucket list venue.
a very long time since I've been to a concert in Boston.

Its not so easy to come up with double entendres for any of the other groups.
Yardbirds?
Bluesbreakers? There are some ball breakers on here, but that's different.
Blind Faith? Most Litizens are a bit cynical.
Steely Dan….look that one up. Lol

I hope this thread is not dying.
One of the problems, of course, is that people in different parts of the region have different experiences and know different bars and music venues and other destinations. So, I'll try this question.

Is there somewhere in New England where you have never been that you would like to visit.
For me, it is Nantucket. (I"ve been to Martha's Vineyard and Block Island, but never to the home of the dirty limerick.)

Oh there are a few for me!
  • Nantucket
  • Way northern Maine (Machias/Calais area)
  • Newport & Providence, RI - been to both briefly but not to really see them
  • Coastal CT
  • South coast of MA
I have a lot of road trips to do!

• Nantucket
  • Coastal CT
  • South coast of MA
You can skip Calais. I’ve been through there many times. It’s nothing to write home about. Machias may be nicer. I haven’t been there since I was a little kid.

One of the problems, of course, is that people in different parts of the region have different experiences and know different bars and music venues and other destinations. So, I'll try this question.

Is there somewhere in New England where you have never been that you would like to visit.
For me, it is Nantucket. (I"ve been to Martha's Vineyard and Block Island, but never to the home of the dirty limerick.)
Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard, for me.

• Nantucket
  • Coastal CT
  • South coast of MA
I have also never been to northern Maine, although I have passed through Calais, and it did just look like a border crossing with not much more. I had a cousin who lived in Presque Isle, but I never visited her there.
I had thought I'd like to check out Baxter State Park and climb Mt. Katahdin, since I've hiked a lot of sections of the Appalachian Trail over the years (including segnments in the other four New England States that it passes through, plus the other two states that briefly attracted people to this thread, New Jersey and New York, but never in Maine.) But now, I'm concerned my joints may not be good enough to handle the climb.

If you do visit coastal Connecticut, may I recommend a boat tour of the Thimble Islands.

I spent quite a bit of time on Nantucket and it is absolutely beautiful!! Great downtown and fantastic beaches.

I only went to Martha’s Vineyard once when I was about 5. I want to get back there.

I’ve never been to Block Island, but would love to go sometime.

I spent quite a bit of time on Nantucket and it is absolutely beautiful!! Great downtown and fantastic beaches.

I only went to Martha’s Vineyard once when I was about 5. I want to get back there.

I’ve never been to Block Island, but would love to go sometime.
I like Block Island a lot.
OUtside of the small harbor town, it is very rural and scenic and quiet. I even feel comfortable riding my bike around the island, and I don't like riding in traffic. Its hilly though, so riding can be work.

Reactions: gga
I like Block Island a lot.
OUtside of the small harbor town, it is very rural and scenic and quiet. I even feel comfortable riding my bike around the island, and I don't like riding in traffic. Its hilly though, so riding can be work.
Nantucket is very similar. Once you are out of downtown it’s rural and quiet. Good place to bike too!

Back