Where are the New England Peeps?

Getting ready for the Pats game out here in the west coast, hope it will be a good home debut for 2022

Welcome to the new members.
I assume this thread is so quiet because we are all in mouring for
The Red Sox.
The Pats
The Celtics' coach being suspended.

Since I haven't been listening to Boston sports radio for awhile, can anyone fill me in on who Ime was involved with and why it was an employment problem?

I assume this thread is so quiet because we are all in mouring for
The Red Sox.
The Pats
The Celtics' coach being suspended.

Since I haven't been listening to Boston sports radio for awhile, can anyone fill me in on who Ime was involved with and why it was an employment problem?
Apparently from what I’ve read and listened to on weei and 98.5 he was having an affair with the teams travel agent, her husband found out and Ime was told to stop, he them kept making unwanted comments etc
Why they didn’t fire him I have no clue

Apparently from what I’ve read and listened to on weei and 98.5 he was having an affair with the teams travel agent, her husband found out and Ime was told to stop, he them kept making unwanted comments etc
Whoa! That’s insane! He should be fired immediately!! Anyone pulling that crap in normal businesses would be!

Maine man here. Always interested in chatting to fellow New Englanders. And no, our lobster isn't any different it just tastes better in Maine!
I love Maine. I used to vacation with my family when I was married with younger kids in the OOB area. I have family in Bath, and have been up in Penobscot County, Fort Kent and beyond. It’s just a beautiful place.

Whoa! That’s insane! He should be fired immediately!! Anyone pulling that crap in normal businesses would be!

Sorry, no, they wouldn’t be fired in normal business if it was a really important man doing it. Coach seems more important than travel agent, so I’m not surprised he wasn’t fired. 🤷‍♀️

Sorry, no, they wouldn’t be fired in normal business if it was a really important man doing it. Coach seems more important than travel agent, so I’m not surprised he wasn’t fired. 🤷‍♀️
I think in today’s climate he would be (like a manager or higher). Since Me Too, companies are afraid of giant lawsuits and poor public perception, and are quicker to get rid of unnecessary risks.

I did forget to include he was suspended for the entire season, that’s why I mentioned I was surprised they didn’t just let him go

I think in today’s climate he would be (like a manager or higher). Since Me Too, companies are afraid of giant lawsuits and poor public perception, and are quicker to get rid of unnecessary risks.
True, it’s getting better, but there are still way too many places where this would be shoved under the rug. Especially if the man in question has a direct connection to how much money is made.

True, it’s getting better, but there are still way too many places where this would be shoved under the rug. Especially if the man in question has a direct connection to how much money is made.
I’m sure you’re right, however I think someone who is as high profile as this would be more likely to be canned. In any case, it disgusts me that he wasn’t fired outright.

I don’t think an NBA head coach who’s fresh off an NBA finals appearance is comparable to most other management positions, in business or government or wherever.

There are a tiny fraction of people who have the skill set to be successful pro sports head coaches in a major market. I’m not surprised such people don’t get fired lightly.

I’m not sure I’d have fired him either. This outcome was obviously a negotiation between the coach and the management. So he must have fought successfully to avoid being fired, and I don’t know what he told them during that process. Nor whether his arguments would have worked with me.

If that is the story, then it was not someone who reported to him, so it was not an abuse of his position to harass a woman.
The reason he wasn’t fired seems obvious. The team was successful under him. If the make it to the finals this season, he won’t be back. Not a question of ethics. Just reality.

I did forget to include he was suspended for the entire season, that’s why I mentioned I was surprised they didn’t just let him go
I’m not following it too deeply, was he suspended with, or without pay? One is way more punishment than the other.

Hi, I read the stories here, didn’t really know about the forum here. Grew up in Wakefield MA, now live in Pepperell MA. I find Pepperell of today to be like the Wakefield I grew up in. We love Maine, vacation there a lot. So that’s it, HI. :)

Back