Who Won in the 7th Annual Awards for Poetry?

Liar said:
*sigh* Why will I never learn?
Indeed, learn to be fair. Learn not to make personal offending comments, which you did without a slightest provocation.

Senna Jawa said:
Indeed, learn to be fair. Learn not to make personal offending comments, which you did without a slightest provocation.
Check. I'll omit the pronoun "you" from future offending derogatoriness and rudeness. That seems to be working out.

Senna Jawa said:
Great. But without the links I don't even know what to think about it (well, experience tells me... never mind :)).

So, Eve, I know that you are not lazy, that the link ommission was just sloppiness on your part. :)

Wow, already two "smiles". That's a lot.

Regards,
Links are there to the polls, and they have the links to the poems. Actually, I had links to everything, poems listed, etc. Computer froze up, and I lost everything. So I started over and didn't want to do all that again. So, I am lazy! lol

like a nugetty center

Maria2394 said:
and the gooey haytful dung inbetween
I'm sorry, Maria, but that sounds like the candybar from hell. :D

I have to say sumfin' :p

I too wanna Congratulate all the winners, and the runners up.
AND ~ Any one and everyone that submitted, posted, all the
readers, commenters, voters and everyone who had an opinion. lol.
So that covers everyone .... right. I am duckin'
outta the pee'in contest. I stay wet enough as it is~ ;)

Love Neo, Cloudy, Angeline, CharleyH & Arts' poems.
Very vivid and original writes if ya ask me ...

Oh no one ask. My bad ~ lmao ~

Happy writing and Congrats to all ~~~~ ;)

:rose: :rose: :rose:

ps ~~ Love Liars too.
So please let us all play nice~ :catroar:

WickedEve said:
I'm sorry, Maria, but that sounds like the candybar from hell. :D

well, hell, I never thought of it like that, but you are right!! what an imagination you have. I want a moonpie

bye

:D

bluerains said:
Senna ///
U give me a headache...U R...liken to George W Bush...I trip my finger to you..
Hey rainsqualler
APRIL FOOLS
04/03/06 by Anonymous
April Fools joke played on Lit's poets///////////////////
Thanks for this double comment and the round of zeros
what's with the /// puncture rations?

Get out the yellow tape

Congrats to the winners. It's hard to mind losing to a poet as good as Angeline. :rose:

sophia jane said:
Congrats to the winners. It's hard to mind losing to a poet as good as Angeline. :rose:

Thank you to all who voted for me and all here whose poetry and posts have inspired me, helped me learn or just gave me a smile.

And sophia you are very kind and your poem is lovely. :)

:rose:

Hey ya'll! Thanks for the support and camaraderie this past year and congratulation to the winners, nominees, and mostly the readers. I gain so much as poet/writer from you all.. so thank you again! :rose:

Congratulations to everyone - winners and nominees, and all poets and writers who lurk in Lit-land.

Well done! :rose:

Except, apparently, Senna.

Never have I seen a man in more serious need of a blow job.

Senna Jawa said:

No, dear Senna. Liar had more than adequate provocation. Here are the points you’re missing:

This was obviously a thread begun to offer congratulations to the winners of the poll, not to offer opinion on the winning or losing poems. By saying things like, I just have read the second highest rated "erotic poem", this one, "Cocksuckie Virus Strain O-69", by our neonurotic. Awful. I can see that it was a contest for the worst possible pseudo-erotic pseudo-poem ("poetry" doesn't even apply to such texts), you violated the community spirit of the thread. And that is indeed “posing,” as Liar called it.

The opinion that Neo’s poem is not good (which I agree with) is totally irrelevant to the thread, and shows the social grace of a large farm animal in need of milking (yes, that is a personal observation on my part).

This is a community. Many threads are spawned by the desire to generate good will, or appreciation, or to offer recognition (some basic, human actions befitting our species). Not all threads are for poetry opinion or intellectual calisthenics. This thread, for example.

It had seemed to me that you’d tempered your crude demeanor a bit since your ignoble posting of someone’s private PM to you in public (an act I would hope you apologized for privately, since you didn’t publically, unless I missed it), but I see your foray toward good manners was temporary.

But since you gave your opinion, inappropriately, on this thread, here’s one of mine. Strictly in regard to poetry, as you insist yours are.

The poems that won, though weak overall, are better than the majority of your own bland, narrow, linguistically-faulty poems. You do not seem to have a sophisticated enough grasp of the language to consistently write, or recognize, good verse (it indeed rivals your lack of understanding of the basic codes of etiquette accepted by most mammals with reason). Coming from someone who so often publically claims to have the tools to build a good poem, I am still waiting to see you construct something with square door jambs and functionality. I do realize English is your second language, and I suspect you do a bit better in Polish, though there are writers and critics here who show no such secondary-language weakness. Liar and Lauren come to mind.

That is not a personal, offending comment, but my humble opinion, and a provoked one. It may not belong on this specific thread, though it seems more relevant now after your own posts, as a comparative example to the poll poems, if nothing else.

I realize, of course, that my negative opinion of your poetry will most likely be viewed by you as not only inappropriate here, and incorrect, which it may be, but trollish (while your own opinions always come not only objectively, but bearing frankincense and myrrh), which it is not. It is based solely on my reading.

Such is the nature of human relations.

Here is what no doubt belongs on this thread ----Congratulations to all winners and nominees. You all deserve it, because your peers say so.

And winners and contestants, please pardon me for the mini-rant above. I should have offered my kudos straightaway, but I was occupied for a small moment.

In the barn.

Love and white wishes,

:kiss: Tara

Speach, speach, speach - Nevermind I found one.
My Erotic Trail said:
I read an article on 'simplistic poems vs intelligent poetry' and was astounded by what I had read.

The main market for poetry rests with Hallmark and the like. More money is involved in simplistic poetry than with intelligent poems. "Inspirational poetry books" being second to GREETING CARDS. They took the avergae reader and introduced them to all types of poetry that fell into two groups, simple and intellectual. The simplistic poems were chosen by more readers by a land slide.

clip~

"There are writers who submit poems that possess a great deal of intelligence or at least have shown that they have an expansive vocabulary and yet I find that alot of their poetry is choppy and more centered around the vocab then it is around the content and flow, and then I've read some simple worded poetry that just rocks, with content, flow etc."... by Bob Shank.

I admit that just because a poem has an extensive vocabulary that does not warrant intelligence, but the point I am looking at is that the majority prefer simple poems rather than battle to figure a poem out. This come to light as I was reading a 'site' on how to read poetry. It stated that you are intitled to your interpretation of a poem if the poem is not clearly stating its topic. (It is rather hard to ask William Shakespeare what he meant with his poetry, so interpretations by several top notch poets now are available, which do you believe to be right?)

What good does it do, to get your own interpretation of anothers write if it is not correct? I know from 'lit poetry' that we all enjoy different types of poems, some enjoy the puzzle poems and some do not. Some like the straight forward, simple writes others do not. Some despise ryhme where others marvel in them. I find nothing wrong with being intelligent but as one statement made relayed; not everyone understands the lit majors poetry even though it is suppose to be a shining example of how poetry is to be written.

Does it actually come down to the pattern that poets with an extensive vocabulary enjoy poetry with a unique vocabulary and those that lack the vocabulary will always favor the poetry that they understand. (plain and simple) and that reflects how our culture as a norm! We are a simplistic species that makes things complicated? (or vice versa)

I had to ask, for I feel this question is going to be different from each individual's likes and dislikes. They refered to the poet; Billy Collins (one of my favoites) as using simplicity in his stanzas to create great poems that reach the readers. I can't argue with that <grin
Outside of the fact that the tell/tale/trail wouldn't last a week at Hallmark, as they have a rejection rate of something close to 90%, and his ego would not be able to stand it. This is a very polarized grouping, an attemp at plausibilty, platability for the impending win. Time for you all to do a little thinking on your own.

so who lost?
intelligent poetry

Wrong Tara
This is not a community, suck circles of pathetic egos, groups of organized political factions. Call it what it is.

Let's look at some of the contenders:
Angeline extensively published elsewhere
annaswirls ditto
TheRainman also
They at least have the ability to claim some objective validation that what they write is good, possibly worth emulating.
I read the "pat each others back", I don't know about the other two, but rest assurred if the tell/tale/trail was he would let you know about it.

I see the same group of names (some quite new, new voters?) grouped around the same set of people.

Sorry, if anything looks like it should be wrapped in yellow tape it is this.

Don't believe ~ you'll can wander over and take a look.

As for me, I have platypuses to tend too. Poisonous egg-laying mammals, but honest and not prone to self deception.

Congrats. To all who voted
once.

MyNecroticSnail said:
Let's look at some of the contenders:
Angeline extensively published elsewhere
annaswirls ditto
TheRainman also
They at least have the ability to claim some objective validation that what they write is good, possibly worth emulating.
I read the "pat each others back", I don't know about the other two, but rest assurred if the tell/tale/trail was he would let you know about it.
*shrug* You talk about the Most Influenytal category, I gather, since the Tail-ster won that? Check the definition: Most Influental. It means what it says, that he's left an impact on many people. Both through writing (almost a daily poem, and a handful of those even pretty good, imo), and through activity on the boards, in comments and such. You may debate the quality level of all of that if that gets your rocks off. That's irrelevant. The fact remains: He's been all over da place this year, and apparently been a positive influece for many members. So be it. Petty to bicker about it. It's just a poll.

Congrats, MET. Use your title to promote world peace and save abandoned puppies and stuff. I hope there's a tiara in the deal, you'd look adorable in one. ;)

The votes were low this year. Only 35 for Met. I know he has at least 35 poets who adore him. That's always been obvious. So it doesn't seem that anyone voted twice. Or if they did, their votes were removed.
Why do we go through this every year? During nominations, it's all that bickering about who is nominated and who isn't and who should be off or on the list. Then when it's all over, we have what's happening now to look forward to. Like Liar said, it's just a poll. You get your name displayed on some page, and you get a pen. I got a pen last year. Maybe it's paper this year. Who knows. I think it's nice of Laurel to do this in the first place. I'm sure she rolls her eyes at all the fuss.

Angeline, my friend, glad you won.
MET, glad you won in your category.
Same goes for neo, cloudy, and Charley.
Neo you often write wonderful poetry. Charley, you're a good poet and crazy girl. Cloudy, I don't you, but congrats!
All the nominees deserve a big congratulations for being recognized. I know that all the nominees on the influential list deserve it. I've watched every single one of them put forth a lot of effort on the poetry forum this year. A :rose: to you all.

WickedEve said:
The votes were low this year. Only 35 for Met. I know he has at least 35 poets who adore him. That's always been obvious. So it doesn't seem that anyone voted twice. Or if they did, their votes were removed.
Why do we go through this every year? During nominations, it's all that bickering about who is nominated and who isn't and who should be off or on the list. Then when it's all over, we have what's happening now to look forward to. Like Liar said, it's just a poll. You get your name displayed on some page, and you get a pen. I got a pen last year. Maybe it's paper this year. Who knows. I think it's nice of Laurel to do this in the first place. I'm sure she rolls her eyes at all the fuss.

Angeline, my friend, glad you won.
MET, glad you won in your category.
Same goes for neo, cloudy, and Charley.
Neo you often write wonderful poetry. Charley, you're a good poet and crazy girl. Cloudy, I don't you, but congrats!
All the nominees deserve a big congratulations for being recognized. I know that all the nominees on the influential list deserve it. I've watched every single one of them put forth a lot of effort on the poetry forum this year. A :rose: to you all.

God, but you're a classy old broad.

Ooops. Strike the old part. Especially since I'm older. :D

Everyone who won (uh including me) and everyone who was nominated and everyone who submits poems and posts on this forum should feel good about the fact that there are places like this where we can gather and write and learn together. Some take it more seriously than others. Some take it way too seriously, but I said this in the awards forum and I'll say it here: it's about the writing folks, not the awards. Always the writing.

:heart:

Angeline said blah blah OLD blah blah blah....

OLD?!!!
29 is not old. :rolleyes:

Speaking of old. Yesterday, I bumped into a girl I went to college with. I thought, "Damn, she looks old. I don't look like that, do I? No. I don't think so. It's just her. She's not aging well. And she's too skinny. No fat to fill out her wrinkles. I can't believe someone my age has wrinkles around her eyes. She must smoke. That's it. She's a skinny, sun-worshipping smoker."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back