You call it What?!!!

Never use the word myself. I see it as just...well it's rude. Silly for an erotica writer to think about these things, but I dislike the word. Pussy and quim are usually my words of choice.

I've never used fanny, partly because it'd confuse Yanks and partly, cause I've never heard anyone use it. Fanny is used, but I definitely wouldn't think of it as an erotic term. Arse is an issue I won't back down on no matter how many Yanks I confuse. I refuse to write about donkeys.

The Earl

Originally posted by TheEarl
. . . Arse is an issue I won't back down on no matter how many Yanks I confuse. I refuse to write about donkeys. The Earl

Laughing - I see your point!

But this does present a problem for me. Now when I write about a character begging her lover to fuck her ass, that's going to bring up entirely new (and not exactly pleasant) visual imagery! :eek:

Thanks a bunch, Earl!! :kiss:

Re: Re: Re: Re: You call it What?!!!

MathGirl said:
I do like the way Terry Pratchett uses the term "Sweet Fanny Adams." I take it that it means something is nonexistant, silly, and you're dumb to even think it's real.

Not quite, and this is where 'two countries are divided by a single language'; Churchill (I've often been berated for not crediting quotations)

The term 'sweet fanny adams' is a polite, 'mixed company' way of saying 'sweet F.A' meaning 'fuck all' or nothing, that is an absence of something not non-existence.

I know this because I am

Gauche

crazybbwgirl said:
"Are you calling me a cunt?" - bad use of the word

"Hurry up and stick your cock in my cunt!" good use of the word
______

Hmmm ... interesting. I would have said those were reversed.

"Are you calling me a cunt?" - "good" use of the word to demonstrate the word's derisiveness by the speaker.

"Hurry up and stick your cock in my cunt!" - “bad” use of the word? Maybe, "pussy" would have been better?

Or, no mention of "pussy" or "cunt" at all:
"Stick it in me!"

Or two of my favorite phrases from the female sex in erotic literature (when she says what she means):
"Fuck me . . ."

and,

"Yes, baby, fuck it . . ."

*Sigh*

I guess my point was its ok if I call my pussy a cunt - but I don't want anyone calling ME a cunt!

Elderly jest

Old, old joke:

What's the difference between a bunch of smart pygmies and a girls' track team?

hee hee - and that would make the girls track team running.... hahaha that's cute!

Svenskaflicka said:
I prefer the word pussy. It's sweet and sexy and naughty. Just like the thing herself.

The only time I use the word "cunt", is if I want to talk dirty to my hubby.

Absolutely agree. I dont like the word, it devalues the object of man's desires!

Cuntfest??

Has no one here ever heard of this? I believe it was a 3 day festival held at Penn State in 2000. It was inspired by a book by Inga Muscio "Cunt: A Declaration of Independence".

The word cunt was not always derogatory. It had positive connotations at one time. 'Cunt' stems from words that were either titles of respect for women, preistesses or witches, or derivatives of goddesses' names.

It is just another example of the patriarchal society we live in attempting to subjugate and control the female gender.

I love using the word and do so proudly (when appropriate) in my writing...

Cuntcuntcuntcuntcuntcunt.... Aaaahhhh that feels so good! :)

I've used it myself, but not very often. I don't know specifically where it was used in a story, so I'm probably wrong about this. I think that when I use the c-word it's in a spot where the character herself has come to some sort of reconciliation with her genitalia or where the male character has turned the female character into a piece of meat. In description, I generally refer to it as a pussy or by individualt part or something else that's innocuous.

I, quite personally, hate that word and I never use it outside of fiction. Even when I'm really mad. I hate it.

All negative connotations aside... Cunt has a better sound to it than pussy, IMO. If you listen only to the sound the words themselves make, (think foreign language) without knowing the definitions, the hard sound of the "C" is a prettier sound than the "PU" sound, to my ears at least. (I know this phenomenon has a name).

Regardless of definitions some words are just easier on the ears than others.

Image said:
All negative connotations aside... Cunt has a better sound to it than pussy, IMO. If you listen only to the sound the words themselves make, (think foreign language) without knowing the definitions, the hard sound of the "C" is a prettier sound than the "PU" sound, to my ears at least. (I know this phenomenon has a name).

Regardless of definitions some words are just easier on the ears than others.

I know what you mean, I've been studying this in school. But I must say that I don't agree with you.
I think the "cu" in "cunt" is a hard and aggressive sound, whereas the "pu" in "pussy" sounds like a soft, relaxing exhale.
Ofcourse, some like it aggressive. I prefer it soft and romantic.

Back