You people are very intimidating

Re: Re: Re: You people are very intimidating

pop_54 said:
hello sweet_T nice to meet you, sorry I didn't welcome you earlier I don't come here too often, or was that cum..... no perhaps not:D

You will get on well here I'm sure, as Rumple said anyone who quotes the Stones can't be all bad or a normal prude:D

Hi Pop,
I dont pop in often enough either...:D
As for the Stones quote... I guess I'm just that old...:cool:
I just love it here...:)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeppers

MathGirl said:
Dear VE,
Pops is definitely not from St. Louis.
MG
Maybe, Arizona? Pop looks like he might make a mean middle linebacker in the NFL.

Rumple Foreskin

Hmmmmm

gauchecritic said:
Mean like average? Or Scrooge-like? Sorry dad.

Gauche

Are you never going to forget that Tanner I owe you lad, look on it as a gift, I did:D

I wasn't the least bit intimidated when I first came here. Now that I've been around, I do sometimes feel intimidated. It's true what they say: Ignorance is bliss!

Most of the writers are very friendly, I'm not intimidated by there personality, but by there work (sometimes it's the quality, sometimes it's the quantity, sometimes its the popularity...)

It worked...

I like your tag line sweetnpetite... Another story added to my must read list...

I was intimidated when I first came here... and after reading the witty responses my intimidation has foundation now... I hate being perplexingly paranoid.

JJ1

No reason to be a paranoid, JJ1, one is enough. No, the other one.

Think of it this way, we like to banter because it teaches us to make dialog sound more realistic.

Of course if you think we're real, then apparently your license for the automatic board response program is still valid.

(look, if Tolkien and Carroll can be absurd, then my rabbit is just as qualified).

-FF (squinting from a looking glass)

(parenthesis: n., two times as much as a thesis)

Last edited:
Re: It worked...

Just_John1 said:
I like your tag line sweetnpetite... Another story added to my must read list...

JJ1

I second that - just those few lines got me going. Reminds me of a story I am trying to finish... if I could just get off this forum for a while! Which brings me to another reason a newbie may be a little intimidated - small number of stories! I only have one so far and feel lacking in that area. But I am working on others - really.
:)

Re: Re: It worked...

Originally posted by DirtyJJ Which brings me to another reason a newbie may be a little intimidated - small number of stories! I only have one so far and feel lacking in that area. But I am working on others - really.:)
Dear DJJ,
Oh, sure. We hear that all the time.
MG
Ps. You should know that two dozen posted stories is the minimum for true acceptance. If you have fewer stories than that, only Perdita will talk to you. She'll talk to anyone.

DirtyJJ said:
I second that - just those few lines got me going. Reminds me of a story I am trying to finish... if I could just get off this forum for a while! Which brings me to another reason a newbie may be a little intimidated - small number of stories! I only have one so far and feel lacking in that area. But I am working on others - really.

Yes but your one story is probably better written than all of mine put together:D welcome JJ and if you don't feel intimidated I won't, honest:cool: :D

Re: Re: Re: It worked...

MathGirl said:
Dear DJJ,
Oh, sure. We hear that all the time.
MG
Ps. You should know that two dozen posted stories is the minimum for true acceptance. If you have fewer stories than that, only Perdita will talk to you. She'll talk to anyone.
Don't pay MG any attention, DJJ. The little squirt has number envy. Besides, it's not how big a number you have, but the qualiity of your number. Of course, you're not the only one around here who has a small number-and I don't have many stories either.

Rumple Foreskin

DirtyJJ said:

I remember when I only had one story... It seems so long ago,,, I was a virgin then, can I be a virgin again if I delete all my posted stories??? Naaah nevermind... then I'd have to live vicariously through everyone else...

Bottom line, everyone here's gone through posting their first story... if you have the testicular fortitude to post it you'll do fine. you did and you will... The second one is so much easier.

Relax and enjoy DJJ... according to Eff we're only allowed to have one perplexingly paranoid person here and I got dibs damnit!!! Are you trying to steal my dibs? Damn! I am getting paranoid now.

JJ1

Dont worry about numbers - they're Math's area of expertise.

I only have a couple of stories posted... Will have one or two more if I ever get "Ex" and "Fantasy's Chylde" finished...

I know that feeling Just

I keep starting series and never get around to finishing them... I have four on going series that I've posted and never finished... I better get writing! Shit! Now you're on my must read list too!!! I'll never get to writing again...

JJ1

Just_John1 said:

... if you have the testicular fortitude to post it you'll do fine.. .

Not everyone here has testicular fortitude :rolleyes:
but we've all got BALLS! :eek:

Last edited:
I don't even have any stories!!

I'm such a fraud. Really!

I suggest we take time out out our mind wander activities for something REAL and UNEXPECTED.

I suggest to vote sweetnpetite's Sig Line the longest and most confusing on Lit. :D

Jenny _S said:
I suggest to vote sweetnpetite's Sig Line the longest and most confusing on Lit. :D

Her sigline is as nothing compared to TheEarl's earlier ones or some of those on the General Board.

Og

Yeppers

Quasimodem said:
Fraud is a much underated activity . . . see "The Sting."

Yeppers mate, couldn't agree more, brilliant film, and all manner of people accept fraud as a normal way of going on, I mean I fiddled my tax return lasy year, the IR didn't seem to mind all that much, they still write to me.

Back