slicing through the air, slowly we go
following the direction of our insight
contemplated thoughts like an ant in the universe
accumilation of all we know, did and dream
brushing souls like the wind over a flower
till our last breath is taken for affinity

I liked this one!

Ninja Nookie said:
I am not as fascinated by this site as Art is. We share the same passion for writing but don't share the same views about the critics here. Nor do we share the same house anylonger. But connected souls forever.

lol, well it's nice that you still get along!... :)

Ninja Nookie said:
Yes, very much so.
And you would be into Zen? And a very busy poster I see.

lol, yes I like Zen, i'm a massive fan of Arts writing.... :D

busy tonight yes ~ it's been dead around here lately... :p

Jennifer C said:
lol, yes I like Zen, i'm a massive fan of Arts writing.... :D

busy tonight yes ~ it's been dead around here lately... :p

Let me think Zen for a minute.

otay, I'm done. lmao

There's Only One of Me

My Erotic Tale said:
ZMP~ tree whiskers

From limbs they hung
swaying in a breeze

long gray strands
growing from the trees

like an old man's beard
they're long and soft

these trees are full
of old spanish moss

They're an aid to shading
the bright sun's blister

hanging moss that looks
like a tree's whiskers​

A small detail (why do I keep homing in on the last line???) :confused:

I'd probably end it with "like an old tree's whiskers" - just seems like stronger imagery

In any case, you do good work; I'm not stroking your ego to gain your trust. This is just my feedback to you - constructive and positive - I don't tear down, but build up. JenniferC might be effusive and gushing while I'm more meditative and contemplative - but it still comes out the same.

I was busy reviewing notes on Basic Lit (shhhhh - date is secret - 1968), and there was a brief note telling about how poetry's two main attributes are theme and style (Oh, there was more discussed, but the important point was the idea of 2 main attributes). And what better vehicle with which to demonstrate this fact than your ZMP series - clear, simple, and cogent - instilling an image you wish to share and letting the reader run with his own thoughts. You demonstrate repeatedly an economy of words supported by taut thought. No need to go back to the reader with notes of explanation saying what you meant to say.

Your work stands on its own merits (and does so quite well). You don't spew out a stream of unconsciousness random babble and posture about how such gibberish is deep thought - and then adopt a superior patronizing air as though such an act in and of itself is all the explanation necessary.

Now then, Mr. LA69, let's put to rest for once and for all, some silly rumor that seems to go around. Wherever I go, I'm LeBroz - nothing more (okay, I confess - if I went to Yahoo, I'd have to change my handle since LeBroz is already taken there). Hell, I'm so easy to find, even a drolling, half-weaned, none-too-bright child could find me without directions. I have but one (and only one profile). I have no other. So if I'm on someone's philosophy blog or on an erotic literature site, I'm one and the same - LeBroz. And if I should ever decide to contribute in some small measure to this site, some little effort in poetry or prose, I'll still sign it LeBroz. :cool:

Now, excuse me while I go read some more poetry.

Jennifer C said:
I do not gush!... :p lol

Ohhhhh, that's too bad; I've always thought when they gush, they taste better <yum> :devil: :devil: :devil:

LeBroz said:
Ohhhhh, that's too bad; I've always thought when they gush, they taste better <yum> :devil: :devil: :devil:

LMAO...oh you mean in that sense...then oh yeah, i'm a real gusher... ;) :devil: :rose: :kiss: :) :heart: :p

LeBroz said:
A small detail (why do I keep homing in on the last line???) :confused:

I'd probably end it with "like an old tree's whiskers" - just seems like stronger imagery

I like that a lot better, thank you. It gives it more of an older man's whiskers feel to it.

In any case, you do good work; I'm not stroking your ego to gain your trust. This is just my feedback to you - constructive and positive - I don't tear down, but build up. JenniferC might be effusive and gushing while I'm more meditative and contemplative - but it still comes out the same.

Thank you LeBroz, I don't need stroking thank you, I do however appreciate your insightful eye for adjusting words to make them 'Better'

I was busy reviewing notes on Basic Lit (shhhhh - date is secret - 1968), and there was a brief note telling about how poetry's two main attributes are theme and style (Oh, there was more discussed, but the important point was the idea of 2 main attributes). And what better vehicle with which to demonstrate this fact than your ZMP series - clear, simple, and cogent - instilling an image you wish to share and letting the reader run with his own thoughts. You demonstrate repeatedly an economy of words supported by taut thought. No need to go back to the reader with notes of explanation saying what you meant to say.

I wish I could remember where I read it, but at a Zen Master Poetry Site, with a list of the great Zen Masters and famous poems was a poem / notation by a zen poet reflecting that Zen Poetry does not point to ideas but clearly only relays what one see's allowing the reader to determine what they will from the same thing you describe. I confess it is harder than it looks, not to add your thoughts into what is is noit easy. This style is Zen Poetry the theme is nature and some reflections towards our lives.

Your work stands on its own merits (and does so quite well). You don't spew out a stream of unconsciousness random babble and posture about how such gibberish is deep thought - and then adopt a superior patronizing air as though such an act in and of itself is all the explanation necessary.

I enjoy Zen Poems and short stories of enlightenment and felt the forum could use one. I actually started this thread to collect and add stories I find to share and with Du, blue and many many others adding and finding some great writes. This has become my favorite thread.

Now then, Mr. LA69, let's put to rest for once and for all, some silly rumor that seems to go around. There is no rumor, that I know of. I simply asked her and she asked you <grin>Wherever I go, I'm LeBroz - nothing more (okay, I confess - if I went to Yahoo, I'd have to change my handle since LeBroz is already taken there). Hell, I'm so easy to find, even a drolling, half-weaned, none-too-bright child could find me without directions. I have but one (and only one profile). I have no other. So if I'm on someone's philosophy blog or on an erotic literature site, I'm one and the same - LeBroz. And if I should ever decide to contribute in some small measure to this site, some little effort in poetry or prose, I'll still sign it LeBroz. :cool: I for one look forward to reading more of your writes.

Now, excuse me while I go read some more poetry.

bows humble (~_~)
thanks for the tip, comment and thanks for sharing

okay this was inspired by my brother... <seranade>
that some people are so locked in their lives
that they will never grow spiritually
not so much in religion but enriched soul growth...

so I will try <bigrin> feel free to enlighten me <chuckleboned>

The tree top canopy shroud
the suns enlightenment

the edge of the woods veils
a wall of green leaves blend

all the vegatation struggles
to be touched by the sun's rays

then there are those
that deep in the woods stay.

My Erotic Tale said:
okay this was inspired by my brother... <seranade>
that some people are so locked in their lives
that they will never grow spiritually
not so much in religion but enriched soul growth...

so I will try <bigrin> feel free to enlighten me <chuckleboned>

The tree top canopy shroud
the suns enlightenment

the edge of the woods veils
a wall of green leaves blend

all the vegatation struggles
to be touched by the sun's rays

then there are those
that deep in the woods stay.

or...

the catapillar that never changes
into a butterfly