zen mountain
elevated hieghts
of enlightenment

not by the awe struck visual
nor the closeness to heaven
or playing in the clouds

but the wisdom shared
by those who go there

"If you love all things, you will also attain the divine mystery that is in all things. For then your ability to perceive the truth will grow every day, and your mind will open itself to an all-embracing love."
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

My Erotic Trail said:
zen mountain
elevated hieghts
of enlightenment

not by the awe struck visual
nor the closeness to heaven
or playing in the clouds

but the wisdom shared
by those who go there

May I?

Enlightenment shines
in elevated heights
Zen Mountain

not by sight
nor heavens touch
of lingering clouds

but the wisdom
gained by those
who have been there

Just a simple rearrangement of your words my friend.

quasar said:
May I?

Enlightenment shines
in elevated heights
Zen Mountain

not by sight
nor heavens touch
of lingering clouds

but the wisdom
gained by those
who have been there

Just a simple rearrangement of your words my friend.

thank you...

I had just tossed it out in a moments thought and you brought it to life.

interesting how different those two poems are...

hinging on the words 'shared' and 'gained' i think. thank you both for making me think.

edited to add... okay i thought. i went up a mountain myself and gained knowledge. i shared the fact i had gained knowledge, but i did not share the knowledge i had gained as it was personal and unique to me. interesting difference in the poems, like i said. :)

Last edited:
My Erotic Trail said:
If you work on your mind with your mind
How can you avoid an immense confusion?

-Seng-Ts'an

well, that sure explains a lot.

:D

i must check this person out, but not with my mind. heck no. hmm. that's got me thinking. no it hasn't. heck, you sure know how to confuse me. lol

wildsweetone said:
well, that sure explains a lot.

:D

i must check this person out, but not with my mind. heck no. hmm. that's got me thinking. no it hasn't. heck, you sure know how to confuse me. lol

<laughing> in my search for zen today I founf that and have been thinking about it all day <grin...

-Seng-Ts'an

am I confussed? <grin

zen story

The Window
anonymous
There were two men, both seriously ill. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live, for those one-hour periods, where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young Lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band-he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was Saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."

Epilogue: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. "Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

btw...like that zen in the moon shot...nice illustration... :)

bluerains said:
The Window
anonymous
There were two men, both seriously ill. One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs. His bed was next to the room's only window. The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back. The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation. Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window. The man in the other bed began to live, for those one-hour periods, where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young Lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees graced the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene. One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by. Although the other man couldn't hear the band-he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days and weeks passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was Saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the world outside. Finally, he would have the joy of seeing it for himself. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window. The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall. She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."

Epilogue: There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy. "Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."

btw...like that zen in the moon shot...nice illustration... :)

it truely is a blessing to be able to share and encourage happiness in others. what a beautiful story and a beautiful gift.

:)

My Erotic Trail said:
<laughing> in my search for zen today I founf that and have been thinking about it all day <grin...

-Seng-Ts'an

am I confussed? <grin

it stands to reason that you must be. :D

up in the baby blue sky
a line in the sand is drawn
angels in heaven?

horizontal cloud
above the horizon
growing and streaking

jetting across the heavens
a moving cloud
a straight white line

wish upon zen
that is what I need
a lil zen, spin then
come flying back high
energy released
new flight with life
formed of earth
body n soul.
combined, revived,
explored and found full
over
over
again ...

:rose:

please forgive me but i'm just parking this one here for a little while. it's a bit of an oddball - as is much of what i've written in the last three hours. hmm

hip shoot - mountains, mists and dreary dense interiors.

They see it in a single wild rose
as it rambles on thorns
through bush at the forest edge.
They ignore the buds' warning,

a cream-yellow spiked sign
lying in a screamed No!
surrounded in a forest, thickened
with thorns. Walk on! it demands

as thorns of poison scratch and scar
mortal skin. Beyond,
blinded by dark, half-drowned
in the pool blackened
by mosquitoes they tremble

and stumble. Grabbed by knurled
fingers of light they stare
in suspicion and watch

as the forest awakens,

as buds bloom and flourish

and swallow the sun.

Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
please forgive me but i'm just parking this one here for a little while. it's a bit of an oddball - as is much of what i've written in the last three hours. hmm

hip shoot - mountains, mists and dreary dense interiors.

They see it in a single wild rose
as it rambles on thorns
through bush at the forest edge.
They ignore the buds' warning,

a cream-yellow spiked sign
lying in a screamed No!
surrounded in a forest, thickened
with thorns. Walk on! it demands

as thorns of poison scratch and scar
mortal skin. Beyond,
blinded by dark, half-drowned
in the pool blackened
by mosquitoes they tremble

and stumble. Grabbed by knurled
fingers of light they stare
in suspicion and watch

as the forest awakens,

as buds bloom and flourish

and swallow the sun.

park more here if you like <grinin'''
very nice

RhymeFairy said:
wish upon zen
that is what I need
a lil zen, spin then
come flying back high
energy released
new flight with life
formed of earth
body n soul.
combined, revived,
explored and found full
over
over
again ...

:rose:

you feeling better RF?...
need some zen ...huh?...okay
going hunting

this poem was selected for publication
in a poem book ...Immortal Verses

ZMP~ Ivy to the Sky
by My Erotic Tale ©

ZMP~ Ivy to the sky

Ivy Knows
which way to go
in order to get to heaven.

Climbing to the sky
it will grow and rise,
seeking the tallest tree living.

Its life is in order
when it clings to another
with hopes of reaching the sky.

But will an Ivy be
discontent and grieve,
if it only reached fence post high?

A wall of Ivy
is loved ones and family
helping each other to rise.

A solid foundation
in climbing relations
is clinging to those who have died.

Some have thorns
and some are poison I warn.
Their Roots touched hell, is a given.

While others climb
on tree bark they rise
Till they reach the heavens.

Sedoka ....

is a very old form of "waka"(Japanese poetry). Originally, It has 6 lines, totaling in 38 syllables in the following from: 5,7,7,5,7,7. The poem is broken into two parts of 5/7/7 stanzas referred to as the katauta. The one below has 2 twists, one after second line, the second after the 4th line. Sedoka has often been the venue to create folk ballads. For more information follow link to Sedoka.

"The Blind"

Shotguns flared
like massing stars
the noise, the smoke
and through it all
young Killingsworth
sat crying.

Back