Anyone from NY state?

The mud season has begun! And I'm so happy to see it...

We hit the 50's today and it felt like summer. I even had a window open in my apartment for awhile. Come on Spring!!
 
lonelyinsnowlan said:
The mud season has begun! And I'm so happy to see it...

We hit the 50's today and it felt like summer. I even had a window open in my apartment for awhile. Come on Spring!!

You must live in the 'southern' part of the state <grin>. Actually I did open the window for a bit on Sunday - to throw out some cracked corn for the wild turkeys. Two came around this morning but a distant gun shot scared them off. I do however have 3 ecstatically happy grey squirrels cleaning up the corn.

Jan
 
WardJan said:
You must live in the 'southern' part of the state <grin>. Actually I did open the window for a bit on Sunday - to throw out some cracked corn for the wild turkeys. Two came around this morning but a distant gun shot scared them off. I do however have 3 ecstatically happy grey squirrels cleaning up the corn.

Jan


I'm definitely south of the lake effect snow belt, so "southern" probably applies. We've still got at least a foot and a half on the ground, though, despite a couple days of good melting.
 
Now today's the DAY. Mmmmmm Ahhhhhhhh

Sunlight and warm together again.

I can almost hear the mosquitos breeding. haha
 
urgh! temps dropping..... freezing rain.... snow tomorrow! :rolleyes:


still, this nice weather has been a pleasant tease :D
 
panty_inspector said:
urgh! temps dropping..... freezing rain.... snow tomorrow! :rolleyes:


still, this nice weather has been a pleasant tease :D


Ha ha!!! You knew it couldn't stay nice forever.... welcome to the last gasp of winter!
 
Up here in the Northeast corner where there's no business like snow business.
 
Shagly said:
Up here in the Northeast corner where there's no business like snow business.

Problems in the area with flooding and ice jams. But not for me. I live on a ridge. If I get flooded, the whole village will be under water. No turkeys for the cracked corn - but the squirrels are still delighted - and a small flock of (I think) slate juncos showed up today.

Jan
 
WardJan said:
Problems in the area with flooding and ice jams. But not for me. I live on a ridge. If I get flooded, the whole village will be under water. No turkeys for the cracked corn - but the squirrels are still delighted - and a small flock of (I think) slate juncos showed up today.

Jan
The snowmobilers are not too happy right now.
 
Two turkeys showed up today for the cracked corn. At least the grey squirrels didn;t get it all - today. Getting colder - snow coming tonight.
 
*professorx* said:
lots of blowing wind in times square

Times Square - now that brings back memories. I lived in NYC in the early 1960's. Saw the Beatles in a Times Square theatre. Lots of fun in Washington Square park on the weekends - folk singers and discussions about everything. The Thanksgiving Day parade and Central Park Zoo - and the Bronx Zoo. Good times, good memories.
 
Yep, originally. But I've been in Florida twice as long as I lived in NY. Nice to go back and visit, but I'd never move back.
 
Morning, all....big flakes fluttering by my window here in Syracuse. I thought Spring was almost supposed to be here. *sighs*

Oh, well....it's gotta be just around the corner, right? Right?
 
WaywardWanderer said:
Morning, all....big flakes fluttering by my window here in Syracuse. I thought Spring was almost supposed to be here. *sighs*

Oh, well....it's gotta be just around the corner, right? Right?

I thought so a week ago...... :rolleyes:
New York weather...... :p
 
Back
Top