Anyone from NY state?

As the name says - way Northern NY. Supposed to be below zero here for a few days! Anyone wanna warm me up?
 
I can't believe we've let this thread get back so far! I know we're buried under mountains of snow, but what better time to be warming up???
 
lonelyinsnowlan said:
I can't believe we've let this thread get back so far! I know we're buried under mountains of snow, but what better time to be warming up???

Maybe everyone is staying warm under the covers? We're buried here with this latest blast. I hope all is well with you Lonely. Happy Valentines Day!
 
Hazeny said:
Maybe everyone is staying warm under the covers? We're buried here with this latest blast. I hope all is well with you Lonely. Happy Valentines Day!


I'm doing alright, Haze... hunkering in to get through this storm!
 
lonelyinsnowlan said:
I'm doing alright, Haze... hunkering in to get through this storm!
I'm snowed in up here Lonely. I gave up trying to move it. So if I get out Thursday or Friday I'll be lucky..oh well...we are stocked up pretty good.
 
Hazeny said:
I'm snowed in up here Lonely. I gave up trying to move it. So if I get out Thursday or Friday I'll be lucky..oh well...we are stocked up pretty good.


I hear you.... sometimes being snowed in is fun, but I tend to get antsy after too long!

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow.
 
lonelyinsnowlan said:
I hear you.... sometimes being snowed in is fun, but I tend to get antsy after too long!

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow.

The town pulled the plows off the road for now because of whiteouts so we'll see how long it takes to get out. Friday at the latest I imagine. They are talking lake effect after this ends though. Oh joy!!
 
Well, I should be able to get out tomorrow, but I swear...after the struggle I had just gettin' to the damn mailbox earlier....I don't know if I want to.

Maybe bears have it right when it comes to hibernation.
 
We'll be lucky if we get out Saturday or Sunday. The road is closed and totally blocked just like the driveway. Fun, fun, fun......
 
Lake effect

Seems the NORMAL lake effect has been missing us ohh my we only got about a foot the other day and less than 2 feet the storm before... as for a "winter" not bad at this end of the State
 
digging out... hey, I saw my shadow

Another double dose of shoveling the driveway today.

Finally saw some sun. Maybe I should go find my sunscreen... ha ha

I live 1/2 mile from Lake Ontario west of Rochester. We get lots of lake effect.

Hope you all are coping well. Heading down to NYC on Sunday for a few days of work. Gotta hope those roads are bare.

:cool:
 
We had a full afternoon of sunshine and icicle growing. It was nice to finally see some pavement!!!

Hope you all further up are hanging in... I knew we'd pay for a warm December!
 
Pavement? Sunshine? Neither of those things seen here in Syracuse, at least not out my window.

Egads, how I'm jealous. That's it. I'm relocating. :p I didn't see either of those today, even after several visits by the plow guy to the driveway.

I think we have a chance for more snow on Saturday, too. Yup....Mother Nature's paying us back for getting comfortable with the snow delay.
 
We're still buried and can't get out. The towns biggest plow is buried up the road and has been for more than a day. There hasn't been a town blower through since noon yesterday and all the roads are closed. Ours is completely plugged as is the driveway. On the upside, we have power, I have a roaring fire going and I'm on my second glass of wine....
 
Gee

Hey Haze,

Just where are you located? Seems to be a rather secluded place,
a nice place to get away from it all, and I mean...
away from it ALL. ha ha ha
:cool:
 
I'll be heading by Utica on Sunday on my way down to NYC. Have some work there for a few days.

One of my stops is Vernon, and I know they get a ton of snow there, and it isn't even near the lake effect area.

Best of luck. Hope your wine holds out. Perhaps I should help you restock, before the next blast hits you.
 
We're lucky, we get the Noreasters and lake effect too. If you're stopping at the Turning Stone good luck!
 
Just in time for the warmer weather, the flu seems to have struck... AGAIN. I hope everyone enjoys the sunshine and higher temps a lil extra for me. I'm stuck on the couch, fighting my own higher temperature.
 
Aww....feel better, doll! *leaves ya hugs n' orders a hot, hunky doctor for a house call* I'm starting to think I need to get a flu shot.

But it's good that the temperatures have gone up a bit, anyway....
 
Thanks, guys... It'll work it's way out of my system in due time. And the worse thing is this is the first year that I had a flu shot!!

WW- I'm leaving the door unlocked for my house call...
 
*HUGS* for the flu-stricken one....I'll be sure to get one of the top doctors. He'll lick that flu in no time. :D

Wow...it's actually not bad out today...I went outside without a coat and didn't turn into a WW-sicle. Here's hoping y'all are doing well, too.

Cheers from upstate...

:rose:
 
WaywardWanderer said:
*HUGS* for the flu-stricken one....I'll be sure to get one of the top doctors. He'll lick that flu in no time. :D

Wow...it's actually not bad out today...I went outside without a coat and didn't turn into a WW-sicle. Here's hoping y'all are doing well, too.

Cheers from upstate...

:rose:

Thanks, hun... enjoy the warmth. I'm hoping it sticks around long enough for me to experience.
 
Back
Top