Carolina Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
AboutFace said:
I'm starting to get the feeling that's a relative term. Where'd everyone go???????
I don't know, AF, I pop in from time to time, but I'm seeing less and less of us here.

What's going on, people?
 
nctoddmc said:
I don't know, AF, I pop in from time to time, but I'm seeing less and less of us here.

What's going on, people?
With our lack of rain and prolonged extreme heat, did some of us shrivel up?
I know that I've not been around much over the last month because there was so much to do outside. Maybe it's the same for everyone else. I've got another good month of yardwork, and then I'm good.
 
AboutFace said:
With our lack of rain and prolonged extreme heat, did some of us shrivel up?
I know that I've not been around much over the last month because there was so much to do outside. Maybe it's the same for everyone else. I've got another good month of yardwork, and then I'm good.
So, is the rain you're getting now helping your yard any?
 
nctoddmc said:
So, is the rain you're getting now helping your yard any?
The rain yesterday was fantastic. It was a nice, consistent rain over the course of the day. I looked out there this morning, and I can SEE that I now need to mow my lawn. I can see a lot of color on my rose bushes from here - so I'm taking it that they are very very happy. LOL. It looks "greener" out there, so I guess it has helped a bit. We still need a LOT more, though. Are you getting any?
 
AboutFace said:
The rain yesterday was fantastic. It was a nice, consistent rain over the course of the day. I looked out there this morning, and I can SEE that I now need to mow my lawn. I can see a lot of color on my rose bushes from here - so I'm taking it that they are very very happy. LOL. It looks "greener" out there, so I guess it has helped a bit. We still need a LOT more, though. Are you getting any?
Isn't it great, when you can see the grass growing?LOL

We have had one good day of rain in the last 3 months, the city reservoirs are down at least 3 - 4 feet, and I thank God every day I have a well with 50 feet of head pressure.
 
nctoddmc said:
Isn't it great, when you can see the grass growing?LOL

We have had one good day of rain in the last 3 months, the city reservoirs are down at least 3 - 4 feet, and I thank God every day I have a well with 50 feet of head pressure.
We are in a bit better shape than you, it seems. We're not down that much, and the burn ban has been lifted.

Back to bed for me, now. I love morning, nap time! :nana:
 
AboutFace said:
We are in a bit better shape than you, it seems. We're not down that much, and the burn ban has been lifted.

Back to bed for me, now. I love morning, nap time! :nana:
Good morning, then, and sleep well!

How long till the move?
 
nctoddmc said:
Good morning, then, and sleep well!

How long till the move?
Moving in June. I'm still trying to figure out a way that he goes, and I don't. I REALLY don't want to leave here. I love my area - and have been spoiled living so close to the beach.

(and the kids leaving this early gives me some extra time to sleep)
 
AboutFace said:
Moving in June. I'm still trying to figure out a way that he goes, and I don't. I REALLY don't want to leave here. I love my area - and have been spoiled living so close to the beach.

(and the kids leaving this early gives me some extra time to sleep)
I understand, tell him to get an apartment, or better yet, drive each day. He loves you, right? ;)

I get up at 5:30 for my daughter, and she goes up to my mother in law's at 6. Don't ask me, that's the way she want's it. Anyway, I stay on here till my wife gets up to go to work, then go back to bed myself... :D

I'm keeping you up, so get some sleep!
 
nctoddmc said:
I'm keeping you up, so get some sleep!
Ended up sleeping for only a little while extra - but the day turned out to be incredibly busy.
Wanted to drive up to Raleigh today, but kid things around here won't give us time. *shrugs* Oh well. I'm bored.
 
AboutFace said:
Ended up sleeping for only a little while extra - but the day turned out to be incredibly busy.
Wanted to drive up to Raleigh today, but kid things around here won't give us time. *shrugs* Oh well. I'm bored.
I understand. We had softball practice this morning, and a soccer game yet to come this afternoon. :nana:
 
nctoddmc said:
I understand. We had softball practice this morning, and a soccer game yet to come this afternoon. :nana:
I'm glad that my kids aren't into organized sports. They take up SO much time. My daughter dancing 5 days a week is enough for me now - and the higher up my son goes in Scouts, the more time it seems that we spend on it. I don't think we could do more. They had to drop swim team, as it was. Everything conflicted.

Taking a break right now from outside work. It never seems to end.
 
AboutFace said:
I'm glad that my kids aren't into organized sports. They take up SO much time. My daughter dancing 5 days a week is enough for me now - and the higher up my son goes in Scouts, the more time it seems that we spend on it. I don't think we could do more. They had to drop swim team, as it was. Everything conflicted.

Taking a break right now from outside work. It never seems to end.
My daughter is a 1st year Junior as well, and you're right. It never ends...

Let's not even mention varying work schedules, running back and forth to get everywhere, etc... Isn't organized suburbia wonderful? :rolleyes:
 
nctoddmc said:
My daughter is a 1st year Junior as well, and you're right. It never ends...

Let's not even mention varying work schedules, running back and forth to get everywhere, etc... Isn't organized suburbia wonderful? :rolleyes:
Oh just ducky. Think that they will ever appreciate what we do for them?

At some point - I want to spend an entire week just for me.
 
AboutFace said:
Oh just ducky. Think that they will ever appreciate what we do for them?

At some point - I want to spend an entire week just for me.
No, but maybe we can inconvenience them when they are taking care of us in our old age... :D

I would take a couple of days, just to bury my head in the covers, not have ANYone call my name, just for a bit, you know?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top