Carolina Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
nctoddmc said:
No, but maybe we can inconvenience them when they are taking care of us in our old age... :D

I would take a couple of days, just to bury my head in the covers, not have ANYone call my name, just for a bit, you know?
And when I tell hubby that I want to go away for a couple of days on my own... alone.... when he gets back - he immediately questions WHY. Gee... I dont' know... maybe to NOT have someone talk to me or ask me to do something or take them somewhere or not to have to fix breakfast, lunch, and dinner...

Oh - when I'm old.... I already have plans on how I'll get my repayments. :devil:
 
AboutFace said:
And when I tell hubby that I want to go away for a couple of days on my own... alone.... when he gets back - he immediately questions WHY. Gee... I dont' know... maybe to NOT have someone talk to me or ask me to do something or take them somewhere or not to have to fix breakfast, lunch, and dinner...

Oh - when I'm old.... I already have plans on how I'll get my repayments. :devil:
Isn't that usual, we need reasons. Exactly!

Are you going to spend their inheritance?
 
nctoddmc said:
Isn't that usual, we need reasons. Exactly!

Are you going to spend their inheritance?
My reason? Shouldn't NEED one, but guess always will have to. LOL. Well - he's gone for LONG periods of time where I get to do it all.... this time gone since Dec 31 and won't be home until end of January.... I want some loooonnnnnnngggggg ME time.

Oh no.... nothing like that. I plan on buying an RV and parking it in their driveways when I go to visit. Then - making sure that I tell their kids EVERY fun little thing they've ever done. (like my son breaking my nose in Church on Easter when he was 3 and I was pregnant with his sister) I'm going to have SUCH FUN.
 
AboutFace said:
My reason? Shouldn't NEED one, but guess always will have to. LOL. Well - he's gone for LONG periods of time where I get to do it all.... this time gone since Dec 31 and won't be home until end of January.... I want some loooonnnnnnngggggg ME time.

Oh no.... nothing like that. I plan on buying an RV and parking it in their driveways when I go to visit. Then - making sure that I tell their kids EVERY fun little thing they've ever done. (like my son breaking my nose in Church on Easter when he was 3 and I was pregnant with his sister) I'm going to have SUCH FUN.
I agree, we shouldn't need a reason, but we always do. You deserve some long alone time...

That is great! You get to see your grandkids, you serve as an extra babysitter if mom and dad need one, and you get to tell all their secrets as well! Wonderful!
 
nctoddmc said:
I agree, we shouldn't need a reason, but we always do. You deserve some long alone time...

That is great! You get to see your grandkids, you serve as an extra babysitter if mom and dad need one, and you get to tell all their secrets as well! Wonderful!
And I'll come equipped with PICTURES! :devil:

My problem is - I've never really asked for alone time until the last 2 years. He was so used to me just doing everything and not complaining that it's come as a bit of a shock that I want it. I was being a good Marine wife, ya know. Now - we are close enough to when he can retire, that I'm not holding back.
 
AboutFace said:
And I'll come equipped with PICTURES! :devil:

My problem is - I've never really asked for alone time until the last 2 years. He was so used to me just doing everything and not complaining that it's come as a bit of a shock that I want it. I was being a good Marine wife, ya know. Now - we are close enough to when he can retire, that I'm not holding back.
LOL

So when you speak up, and he realizes that you actually have a brain, and needs, and desires, he can't handle it?
 
nctoddmc said:
So when you speak up, and he realizes that you actually have a brain, and needs, and desires, he can't handle it?
Oh - he knows I have a brain. (I'm a CPA.... and he's quite enjoyed not needing to be in control of ANYTHING home or family related for the last almost 16 years) He's just not used to the idea that I'm starting him down the path to accept civilian "family" roles when he retires. He's gotten so accustomed to me letting him do whatever he wants when he's home - including being gone all day fishing or even all weekend. Will be quite different when he's home all the time. It's going to be rather funny, to be quite honest. We're moving to Raleigh - and he won't be deploying. Starting next June, someone's eyes are going to be opened a bit.... and I do enjoy being a teacher by trial and error.
 
AboutFace said:
Oh - he knows I have a brain. (I'm a CPA.... and he's quite enjoyed not needing to be in control of ANYTHING home or family related for the last almost 16 years) He's just not used to the idea that I'm starting him down the path to accept civilian "family" roles when he retires. He's gotten so accustomed to me letting him do whatever he wants when he's home - including being gone all day fishing or even all weekend. Will be quite different when he's home all the time. It's going to be rather funny, to be quite honest. We're moving to Raleigh - and he won't be deploying. Starting next June, someone's eyes are going to be opened a bit.... and I do enjoy being a teacher by trial and error.
I can imagine it will be painful, but you will lead him, kicking and screaming, into blissful married military retirement, won't you? Just a little bit of prodding, and he won't know what it was like before. Oh, he might still dream of what it was like, but that's it...LOL
 
nctoddmc said:
I can imagine it will be painful, but you will lead him, kicking and screaming, into blissful married military retirement, won't you? Just a little bit of prodding, and he won't know what it was like before. Oh, he might still dream of what it was like, but that's it...LOL
*giggle*
See... you get it! Don't forget the pouting. He can rival our daughter when it comes to pouting..... he just doesn't slam doors and stomp his feet.
 
AboutFace said:
*giggle*
See... you get it! Don't forget the pouting. He can rival our daughter when it comes to pouting..... he just doesn't slam doors and stomp his feet.
I've been married for 17 years, and my daughter is 9 years old, so I remember how a lot of things used to be.

You would think a big grown Marine would be used to not getting his way, wouldn't you? (He doesn't read this, does he?)LOL
 
Oh - he's used to getting his way, for the most part. He's an excellent Marine and is used to the respect he's earned. He's also used to getting his way at home because I've let him. It has just been so much easier that way with him being gone so much.

He doesn't read here - but it isn't anything that he's not heard from me lately. :D

I'm getting rather nostalgic for those times before kids. My son is 14.... and it all just seems so long ago! (daughter 11)
 
AboutFace said:
Oh - he's used to getting his way, for the most part. He's an excellent Marine and is used to the respect he's earned. He's also used to getting his way at home because I've let him. It has just been so much easier that way with him being gone so much.

He doesn't read here - but it isn't anything that he's not heard from me lately. :D

I'm getting rather nostalgic for those times before kids. My son is 14.... and it all just seems so long ago! (daughter 11)
I understand, I've gotten complacent about my home situation as well.

She's not happy with me either, and I've been telling her, too...

At times I yearn for those times, but if she weren't here now, she never would have a chance to be.
 
Last edited:
I'm gonna head out now, getting about time for the game. I'll be back later. Enjoy the rainy day weather down there!
 
nctoddmc said:
I understand, I've gotten complacent about my home situation as well.

She's not happy with me either, and I've been telling her, too...

At times I yearn for those times, but if she weren't here now, she never would have a chance to be.
Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. I'm just looking forward to the change of him being around more. I've let him do whatever he wanted because he's been deployed so much that he's deserved it. His idea of a fun time is going fishing all day. He usually takes our son, so they get to bond. He's so used to me doing everything, all the time, because he's gone. He'll have a bit of a time adjusting to everyday life. I'm looking forward to it, though.

I find myself thinking back to the times when I could just hop off at a moment's notice to travel anywhere to visit anyone. I miss it..... but at least I had that opportunity at one point.
 
DDzGal said:
TGIF hope everyone has a great weekend :devil: :devil:


{{{{{{{{{{{{DDz}}}}}}}}}}}} :kiss: :heart:

TGIF to you sweetie. Congratulations on hitting 10,000+ posts! :nana:
 
kayte said:
{{{{{{{{{{{{DDz}}}}}}}}}}}} :kiss: :heart:

TGIF to you sweetie. Congratulations on hitting 10,000+ posts! :nana:
(((((((((((((((((((((((((kayte)))))))))))))))))))))))) how have you been sweetie? thanks so mUCH i have missed you ...hope you are doing well... :nana: :rose:
 
Five of the top 10 teams lost yesterday and #13 Clemson picked this week to lose. lol Well at least my Gamecocks took advantage and won. GO COCKS!!!!
 
Panthers didn't do so well yesterday, unfortunately. :(

Loving the weather we've been having. My windows have been open for almost a full week now. Loving it. :)
 
I think I hear a faint echo in here from the emptiness.

Hope everyone is doing well in this bright and warm October weather. :rose:
 
AboutFace said:
I think I hear a faint echo in here from the emptiness.

Hope everyone is doing well in this bright and warm October weather. :rose:

Hello About, yes the weather is great everybody that use to post so much in here must be out having fun in the sun. Maybe during winter posters will return.
 
AboutFace said:
I think I hear a faint echo in here from the emptiness.

Hope everyone is doing well in this bright and warm October weather. :rose:


COLTS, COLTS, COLTS.........hehehehe
 
koalabear said:
COLTS, COLTS, COLTS.........hehehehe
Colts suck..... but that has nothing to do with Carolina.
(originally from Baltimore.... where that low life stole them from the city in the middle of the night, on the Mayflower)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top