Endless Curiosity III

Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.


I haven't met anyone from lit, why. Opportunity really.
I am rarely away from home ATM and when I do my panic attacks stop me from staying long.

Challenge accepted. You will have 3 by the end of the day;)
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

I have met three Litsters in my day.

To be clear, not for anything other than just...to chat, to talk, to laugh and to be friends. Nothing "oh la la!" (which is actually exactly what the first litster said when she invited me).

I will say at first it was a little nerve wracking, and I was nervous. But in each case, I will say: that fell away immediately. These are old friends. In all cases, people I've known FOR YEARS. And we laughed, and talked and it was wonderful.
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

Happy Friday eve :)

I have only met someone in person once, long ago, 10+ years, back when I first found this place and had a different handle. I think we were most nervous because of the “what if’s”. Would our chemistry that was there online or via phone still be there? Would we feel the same desire and passion? Fortunately for us none of that mattered, we had a wonderful weekend, due to distance we only met one time. But that few days was everything we wanted it to be. She has since left this place, makes me sad that life happens and we drifted apart, but I hope she is in a great place now.

You’ll be receiving questions shortly :)
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

Question: No.
Why not? No in the cards at this point. There are a number of friends I'd love to go hang out with and have dinner or coffee or lunch or whatever.

I'd do it. I'd probably go to lunch with almost anyone that posts regularly here. :)

Challenge: Let me think on it and I'll send you some. :heart:
 
I met one Litster several years ago. We met twice. The first time was great, the second time was scary. I was nervous about not living up to his expectations before we met. The second meeting was far, far worse that I would have ever expected.

:( *hugs*
 
I met one Litster several years ago. We met twice. The first time was great, the second time was scary. I was nervous about not living up to his expectations before we met. The second meeting was far, far worse that I would have ever expected.

:mad:
Indie.:kiss::kiss::kiss:
 
I met one Litster several years ago. We met twice. The first time was great, the second time was scary. I was nervous about not living up to his expectations before we met. The second meeting was far, far worse that I would have ever expected.

*puts on ass kicking boots* Just say the word, love, and I will rip him a new one.
 
It's okay. It's in the past and fortunately hasn't made me jaded of Lit. I tell myself that there are awful people everywhere, where you meet them has little to do with it.

And I certainly hope there have been enough proper ladies and gentlemen.
 
I've met a bunch of litsers over the years. In most cases it was for a meal, coffee, a drink. We were friends. In some cases, it was...more. There is always a sense of anticipation. Will they be like I thought? Will they think I'm fat? (Self esteem issues...I'm working on it).

In all but one situation, they exceeded my expectations. We knew each other well before we met, and there was 10 seconds of awkwardness, and then... everything was just fine.

That one not so good time was the very first, I rushed it. Got talked into it. And realized right away it was a mistake. We had coffee, I left. Done.
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

I've never met anyone from Lit (as far as I know anyway :D)

I would gladly meet someone from here, in fact, there are many times when the right mixture of people are here and everyone is firing on all cylinders that I wish we WERE all together. Preferably somewhere with a swimming pool and a really, really big shower. ;)
 
Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?
Yes! Quite a few now (I've lost count!) — mostly UK based ones, plus a couple of international visitors. Primarily, they have been kinksters attending BDSM events — see my ramblings in The NEW UK Kink Thread (thanks, Daisy!).

I don't really get nervous about those meetings. Usually, I have a fairly good idea of what to expect from my previous interactions in threads or PMs. So far, nobody has turned out to be substantially different from the way that they have portrayed themselves online. My guess is that the ones who do stay safely behind their screens and keyboards.

I can say with assurance that every Litster whom I have met in person has turned out to be even more wonderful face-to-face than they are online. Forum interactions are a useful indicator but tend still to give only a two-dimensional view of a person, whereas hidden depths quickly manifest themselves when you're face-to-face in conversation.

(I'm not counting here several other Litsters with whom I've interacted by voice or video call. A couple of them are really great friends whom I've come to know very well, but large distances have prevented us from meeting thus far)
.
 
Last edited:
I've met a few folks from Lit over time. One was a super awkward date. The second he came to me and stayed for a couple weeks! :) Recently, I met up with someone who's become a good friend - both her and her guy came to visit. It was perfect!

Like MindFondler, I'm involved in my local bdsm community. On Lit, am more active in that forum. Never met anyone kink-related from Lit, though!!
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

I have met 4 Litsters since 2011; Ms. Texas, Kat73, mrppv, and BFG. My relationship with Ms. Texas burned hot, but quickly; in the end, we are two very different people, but I wish her the best....

Kat, of course, is the love of my life :heart: mrppv is her husband; it's not a perfect dynamic, but we all make it work somehow.....

And BFG is the sister/ best friend/ partner in crime that I have always wanted. She is a sweetheart, and I do truly love her like family (not my family...;))
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.


I've met a number of Local-to-me Litsters over the years. Many years ago we had a group that did semi-regular get togethers. Great people, even if we all started super shy.

A few from the personals boards. A couple of flameouts (usually just do to not clicking in person, it happens), a couple of intimate encounters of varying quality. Two relationships that lasted a good while before life took us in other directions.

I met one of my best IRL friends here on the boards. We don't get to see each other much these days, but we still keep in touch, and do drinks or a movie when we can.

Most recently I met a personals poster. We'd exchanged messages over a piece of advice, and clicked as friends. When she was in town meeting her Lit lover for the first time she got here a day early and we did lunch and shopping. A lot of fun.

The scariest part is always wondering what their reactions will be. I'm not a pretty dude. And you worry about the disaapointment someone feels when you aren't what they imagined. Mostly that fear fades fast and the laughing starts.

They haven't all been great experiences. Getting rejected, or suddenly being ignored without explanation hurts. But there have been mamy more positive moments than bad. Some great memories. Some bad, some good, and some really, really great sex. Life in microcosm. Lol.
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

I've met a few Litsters. The one I was most nervous about I described in a post on the audio thread last week. Let's just say I miss her every day.

Distance is a big factor to meeting other Litsters. I really do want to do the Azul hugs America tour. ;)

Questions will be in your box. ;)
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

Well, there's meeting and then there's meeting *said in tv-announcer voice*. I've met a few lady Litsters, all amazing women whom I've become good friends with. I hope to meet a couple more. Not nervous for any of those. The meeting was...very nice. :D As it happened, there was no time to be nervous about it.

Normally, for people I would like to meet but haven't, their situation is what prevents me from meeting them.

I'll send ???s when I think of some.
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

Never met anyone. I ALMOST did, but the woman changed her mind last-minute (who could blame her?)

No one has given any indication to me that they would like to meet.
 
Hmm, it's Friday Eve. I'm thinking we need a question AND a challenge today.

Question: Have you ever met a Litster in person? If so, what were you most nervous about prior to meeting up? Was it what you expected? Better? Worse?

I have never met a Litster but I did meet a couple in Colorado years ago from another site. She and I had known each other for a long (in board terms) tie and it was a purely sexual invitation to join them. There was some uncertainty about going but when they picked me up, she put any fears to rest so it was at least as expected if not better. It was a one time thing though and lost contact years ago.

If you haven't, why not? Assuming distance weren't an issue, what else is holding you back?

Well there is this big blue ocean and the fact that I allowed someone into my private life a little too much a few years back and it ended up to bite me in the butt and they ended up showing up at my workplace in the most creepy kind of stalker and police were called kind of way. Kind of puts a damper on being adventurous.

Challenge: Send me three question ideas for the thread. They can be traditional questions or challenges.

Questions coming shortly!
 
Back
Top