Exotic Creatures: An idea thread

What creature do you like to fantasize about?

  • Elves

    Votes: 36 62.1%
  • Orcs

    Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Minotars

    Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Centars

    Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Nymphs

    Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Dragons

    Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Aliens

    Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Angels

    Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Demons

    Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Some other weird creature

    Votes: 22 37.9%

  • Total voters
    58
funny you say that considering she is my fav. disney character..lol yes they can be quite intersting .

Yea, I kinda got into faries after I read a book series that had one as a main character. She had one of the greatest quotes ever, "This is an adventure damnit. We are suppose to recieve monotary rewards for acts of homicide!"
 
I love those drow pics.

I have a thread I've been wanting to do about a drow priestess or priestesses that summon a demon that is to powerful and end up being it's prisoners. :D

I love the chaotic evil halfling ranger/barbarian.
 
some recommendations....

Therians (shifters of the wolf variety)
Weres (Lycans, as opposed to Therians)
goddesses/gods
homunculi? (Lust sort of amuses me)
catgirls (and other similar species)
female orcs (blame some of the Warcraft doujinshi out there for that idea)
uh.....yep, my brain stopped
 
some recommendations....

Therians (shifters of the wolf variety)
Weres (Lycans, as opposed to Therians)
goddesses/gods
homunculi? (Lust sort of amuses me)
catgirls (and other similar species)
female orcs (blame some of the Warcraft doujinshi out there for that idea)
uh.....yep, my brain stopped

When you say shifters, are you refering to the ones from Eberron?
I don't think we can fairly count Lust here because she looks completely human.
Yay, catgirls, everyone's favorite japanesse cliche after sailor fuku!
I knew WoW would get draged in here eventually.
 
When you say shifters, are you refering to the ones from Eberron?
I don't think we can fairly count Lust here because she looks completely human.
Yay, catgirls, everyone's favorite japanesse cliche after sailor fuku!
I knew WoW would get draged in here eventually.

Shifters are complicated. the difference between a Therian and a Werewolf is simple enough. A werewolf suffers from a genetic disorder that is passed on both genetically and in the manner of an STD. A therian, on the other hand...same form...except it's a natural thing. A Therianthrope can assume the form of a wolf or a halfwolf at will. It's something that's genetic, and it's not caused by a disease. It's kind of like Bloody Roar's Zoanthrope race. Therians are wolves, specifically, but there are other species.
 
technically, no.

in all aspects, a shifter is identical to a were. the only difference is that a Werewolf, or Lycanthrope, is the product of a curse or disease. A shifter is NOT. Shifters are born the way they are, though their powers to change form don't usually appear until a traumatic event following their coming of age.
 
Ahhhh.

I tend to think of things in D&D terms. Lycanthropes or werecreatures in D&D are people that can transform into animals or hybrids. Some are natural, the product of a mating between two people afflicted with the disease. Others are just bitten and transform under the full moon unless the curse is broken. Shifters are a race introduced in the Eberron setting. They are basicly beastly looking humans. They cannot transform, but can "shift" to gain powers such as hardening their skin, growing claws, become faster, etc. They are said to be the result of breeding between werecreatures and humans, though there are other theories. They personally believe that they were created by the God of the Hunt to protect nature.
 
ah...more traditionally, a Shifter would be like the Zoanthropes in the Bloody Roar games. The characters in the fighting game series Bloody Roar are people who can change into a specific animal. they can do so pretty much at will.
 
I'm going to put in a vote of confidence for furries and werewolves.

I tend to think of werewolves from the perspective of folklore and a pastiche of different mythologies with a splash of World of Darkness. To this day, my recurring werewolf character Varg Blackstone has been one of the biggest blasts to write because he's such a psychopath.
 
I don't suppose anyone here is big on medusas. I was in a D&D game where my character ended up hitting on one and since then I've had a thing for them. I was also playing one in a lesbian SRP and it was really hot.
 
do you mean Lemias, or Gorgons? Medusa was a Gorgon...they're a race of living statues (in Medusa's case, a snakelike body, the torso of a woman (with two or four arms, depending on the version) and a head covered in snakes
 
I used to have a thread, not too long ago, that involved stuff like this. However, since I'm pretty much a horrible thread manager, it died.
 
Back
Top