Exotic Creatures: An idea thread

What creature do you like to fantasize about?

  • Elves

    Votes: 36 62.1%
  • Orcs

    Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Minotars

    Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Centars

    Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Nymphs

    Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Dragons

    Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Aliens

    Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Angels

    Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Demons

    Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Some other weird creature

    Votes: 22 37.9%

  • Total voters
    58
they are mentioned, actually. only briefly. One attacks Raistlin during one of the sets. I think it was the Twins saga.

Also, they show a Beholder (at least, I think it's a Beholder) in the Dungeons and Dragons movie. And there is a reference in the Dragonlance background books to a rather large variety of Beholders and Mind Flayers, including one that, when pierced, explodes and becomes tiny versions of itself that drain a person of their fluids o.o

Hmmm, you maybe right about something attacking Rastlin durring the test. Dragonlance does have continuity problems now and then.

Well, for clarity, this is a mind flayer:
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Feral_Intelligence/ff93f1f774e0c626.jpg


And this is a beholder:
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Feral_Intelligence/9892123764e6558c.jpg

Mind flayers mind rape adventures, turn them into slaves, then wrap their tentacles around there heads so they can eat their brains. Beholders shoot eye rays and produce an antimagic feild from the center eye.
 
hmm....the ones in dragonlance are just differently colored according to the description. and I'm trying to remember where specifically I read about the various versions. It might actually have been in a story in The Dragon Magazine. I remember reading a story about a gathering of wizards from different worlds. Elminster was one. Dalamar was another....
 
I have a dragon magazine that has a meeting between Elminister, Rastlin, and Mordacine somewhere.

But anyhow, I think you will find that the above represent what most people will expect when you say mind flayer or beholder.
 
the only time I've ever seen one, they were a floating ball of eyes on stalks, with one large one in the center.
 
Yea, that pretty well sums up a beholder. They are just monsters that wait in caves to eat adventures. I guess one could develope...particular tastes. He disintigrates all of the males then catches the females. It could use its telekinisis eyestalk to levitate them up then use its huge mouth to start lapping at their juices. Hmmm, now I've got a thread idea...
 
Hm, I was looking at your bio feral and you're a writer? I was actually looking for a co-writer for a fantasy story I want to write. Would you be interested?
 
I would not be opposed to the idea princess. I think I do decent writing, I'm just really bad about siting down and doing it. I actually have some fantasy pieces in the works. One of them is posted already actually.
 
I would not be opposed to the idea princess. I think I do decent writing, I'm just really bad about siting down and doing it. I actually have some fantasy pieces in the works. One of them is posted already actually.

Lol, you too! I love to write, it just takes me forever to get one chapter done. Hm, I should check out your stories.
 
There should be a link to them in my sig or profile. Let me know if not. FYI, they are writen under a different name, but I plan to have them moved.
 
..................................A behodler is a floating head with lots of tentacles with eyeballs on each end, one giant eyeball in the middle of the head and a big ogre/crocodile like mouth. A mindflayer is a humanoid whose been infused with a illithid alarva that has turned his skull into the shape of a squid and made hi mcarve brains and domination over so called lesser species. So they are not very much alike, at all.

See the differences?


http://fc97.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/295/c/7/Beholder_by_DOUGLASDRACO.jpg


http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/171/8/3/Empty_by_Metryx.jpg
 
Hmmm *checks his watch* Wow... I need a glass of water. *falls off his chair as his legs cramps* I am okay! *he proclaims from his position on the floor while pointing his hand into the sky when a horde of crazed rpers rusn over him* But now I am not okay... ouch
 
..................................A behodler is a floating head with lots of tentacles with eyeballs on each end, one giant eyeball in the middle of the head and a big ogre/crocodile like mouth. A mindflayer is a humanoid whose been infused with a illithid alarva that has turned his skull into the shape of a squid and made hi mcarve brains and domination over so called lesser species. So they are not very much alike, at all.

See the differences?


http://fc97.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/295/c/7/Beholder_by_DOUGLASDRACO.jpg


http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/171/8/3/Empty_by_Metryx.jpg

like I said...the only time I ever saw one of either, they looked identical except for color. Not sure what that was from though. Though I do remember seeing a bird in Breath of Fire 3 called Mind Flayer...with an attack called Mind Flay that lowered intelligence lol
 
*waves* Okay bye everyone since I won't be here to say it.. Happy Holidays!

Oh and dragon I wrote that santa letter just for you.
 
Here is something that I have not seen floated around here yet: Golems. Imagine some wizard or sorceress that descides that searching for a mate is not worth the effort when they can build a better mate. Maybe she wants an iron golem or stone golem's hard shaft pistoning away at her. I hate to think about how creepy someone would have to be to make a flesh sex golem.
 
Heh or perhaps a lonely sorceress who wants to make a man big enough to make her cream?
 
Here is something that I have not seen floated around here yet: Golems. Imagine some wizard or sorceress that descides that searching for a mate is not worth the effort when they can build a better mate. Maybe she wants an iron golem or stone golem's hard shaft pistoning away at her. I hate to think about how creepy someone would have to be to make a flesh sex golem.

*clears throat* there is a Vixine Tails comic known as Quest For Fun. In it, an Amazon mousey seeks out the perfect male for her sisters and her to enjoy. While searching, she meets a lizard princess who escaped from her tribe to get away from an arranged marriage becase "my tribe's males are small and cold" (lol) and then they accidentally climb aboard a ship that is crewed solely by a female feline piratess and a crew of, of all things, Wood Golems....one of which is buried to the hilt in her arse when they find her
 
You just about had me lost with the story of furries until you got to the wood golems. Now I'm currious but cannot find it.
 
aerisdies has it....but it's from a website called vixine....the site mainly deals with vixens, hence the name, vixine. but there are other species as well
 
Kobolds don't get enough love. In D&D they're used as cannon fodder, and I think I'm the only one who has a SRP up about a kobold sorcerer and his new drow 'friend'.
 
I was just flipping through my monster manuals and came across something that I am supprised I have not thrown up here yet: Warforged. They are living constructs from the Eberron setting that were created to fight in the Last War. Of course, everyone has joked about someone attaching something to one so that it can fuck. I had a player that played one named Long Methril, and he was constantly trying to get me to let him put a mithril cock on him. Not something that i would do for a serious game, but could be a lot of fun in an SRP. There are even a couple of different types. The standard are humanoid. Then there are the scouts that are halfling sized. Finally their are the chargers that are kind of like gorilas. Imagine a metal and would gorila fucking someone!
 
Back
Top