GeeBee Tech Support thread - pose questions, get answers

Try the following:

START>Control Panel>User Accounts and Family Safety>Add or Remove User Accounts

Once there, are you able to find the offending user listed? If so, delete it and then reboot.

That would work if she can log onto a different acct, she can't delete one that is logged in.
 
That would work if she can log onto a different acct, she can't delete one that is logged in.

Ah, yes, I mis-read. Thanks.

She should still be able to START>SHUT DOWN>SWITCH USER to gain access to the user profile she wants and then she can use the steps I laid out to delete the user she doesn't want.
 
Has anybody used android 4.4 (kit kat) yet?
I got the update notification haven't download yet.
 
Ah, yes, I mis-read. Thanks.

She should still be able to START>SHUT DOWN>SWITCH USER to gain access to the user profile she wants and then she can use the steps I laid out to delete the user she doesn't want.

Nope. All I can do is turn the computer on which brings up the USER screen and the password prompt. It's currently at a computer wizard's place. They said it shouldn't be much of a problem to crack the code.

I suppose I'll have to split the kisses between the two guys. I wonder if the girlie in the back room wants a few...
 
Nope. All I can do is turn the computer on which brings up the USER screen and the password prompt. It's currently at a computer wizard's place. They said it shouldn't be much of a problem to crack the code.

I suppose I'll have to split the kisses between the two guys. I wonder if the girlie in the back room wants a few...


LTR would like the kiss you would give me for trying.
 
My computer has been fixed. The guys at the computer repair store said they'd never seen such a thing and had no idea how I'd done it. I feel strangely proud.
 
What do you need?

For some reason, the gallery screen now shows the location. There's a stack of pictures labeled "Camera 500" as usual, but now underneath that it shows "Hometown, USA". I do not want this. I've already checked and I do not have the GPS option checked on the camera.
 
For some reason, the gallery screen now shows the location. There's a stack of pictures labeled "Camera 500" as usual, but now underneath that it shows "Hometown, USA". I do not want this. I've already checked and I do not have the GPS option checked on the camera.

settings>personal>location access

Also, check the settings i the gallery app itself.
 
settings>personal>location access

Also, check the settings i the gallery app itself.
I found those, but I don't seem to have any way to uncheck the options.

It's no big deal; it's just annoying. I prefer to be stealthier.
 
Samsung SCH-I500
Galaxy S? Hmm, Samsung overlay their own skin on top of stock Jellybean. You should be able to turn off those settings, though. Power cycle it, switch off, pull the batterry and sim, give it five minutes and fire it up again.
I want to play with a Nexus 5 with kitkat.

My phone gets kitkat next week according to the manufacturer site.
 
Back
Top